PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon and Tempest

Choctaw111
01-22-2005, 08:22 PM
When can we expect the Typhoon and Tempest? Are they going to be eventually included in the Il2 series? If anyone knows please let me know...Also if anyone knows of any other aircraft that will soon be added I would love to know about it. I am just curious.

p1ngu666
01-22-2005, 09:11 PM
http://premium1.uploadit.org/pingu666/tiffy1.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/pingu666/tiffy2.jpg

and who knows when, or if for typhoon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

VW-IceFire
01-23-2005, 09:35 AM
We got kinda screwed over with the Typhoon. The model was never properly completed and therefore will probably never see inclusion in the game.

Tempest on the other hand is done to very high standards and we should see as flyable sometime in the future. As to when....ask a magic eight ball.

No601_Zulu
01-23-2005, 11:01 AM
~S~ Icefire

You know my feelings on this one... I have screenshots of Typhoon/Tempest, not in game, going back a year now. I know there have been issues finishing the Tempest, we all have lives outside of IL2 FGS.

I for one just don't want to see the Tempest or the Mosquito that Prangster has worked on just fade away. And just thinking about these two classic British types being introduced as AI drives me bloody mad.

How many British types (not counting variants) have we in game flyable

3 just 3

O'h sorry 4 if you count the J8 (A Gloucester Gladiator with metric clocks, but a fantactic peice of work ~S~ to the modeller)

Whinge over

Bull_dog_
01-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I have to agree with the AI BS...both the Tempest and Mosquito are finished...or so close to being finished, none of us would know. To even hint at AI is almost insulting.

Every person has their own feelings, but I can tell you that I bought the orginal IL 2 and played it for a couple of weeks and it became a coaster...it was the picture of the Tempest that made me buy FB and I'm glad I did...that is how long this plane has been in development. If those planes hadn't been on the old webpage, I may not have ever bought FB.

To not put the existing aircraft into FB/AEP/PF that are done or near completion would be a slap in the face to the community and the modellers delivered from Oleg himself...no AI...I'm sick and tired of AI threats.

Oleg needs to quit reworking his game and fix it right the first time if that is possible...put together the final installation, including all the planes developed and move onto BoB. I think this never ending flurry of patches is getting a little old and very wasteful. There are only a few glaring inaccuracies now and frankly speaking, other than my favorite plane which I'll not mention here, I'd be happy if he left the game just as it is now...execpt we should get the rest of the aircraft in development....no AI !

VW-IceFire
01-23-2005, 02:56 PM
I feel reasonably confident in a Tempest a Mosquito VI and a Spitfire XIV flyable. The Typhoon no. We'll never see it barring a miracle.

That should make us RAF types much happier I think. Getting those three will round out the ranks nicely and we can have a proper setup!

cygfrain
01-24-2005, 12:18 PM
I have to agree with Bulldog that the pictures of the Tempest and Mosquito were a factor in buying FB. I'm interested in the 2nd TAF and the Typhoon, Tempest, Spit XIV and Mosquito play important parts in its history. If we can't have the Typhoon, so be it, but I look forward to the possiblity of "flying" the others in IL2 FB+ Pacific fighters sometime in the near future, particularly the Tempest V.