PDA

View Full Version : change joystick.

jeffmorgan_947
03-12-2009, 01:40 AM
I think its time to look at replacing my joystick [Cyborg evo force] after constant use she's getting a little tired,I was thinking of the Thrustmaster T16000 which i think is a new release,I'm not sure how it would compare with the Saitek cyborg, so if anyone is flying with the T16000 i would like to hear your comments...Cheers

jeffmorgan_947
03-12-2009, 01:40 AM
I think its time to look at replacing my joystick [Cyborg evo force] after constant use she's getting a little tired,I was thinking of the Thrustmaster T16000 which i think is a new release,I'm not sure how it would compare with the Saitek cyborg, so if anyone is flying with the T16000 i would like to hear your comments...Cheers

horseback
03-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Depends on how much in love you are with force feedback--according to some on these boards, anything less than the discontinued Microsoft FFB2 is a step backwards.

If you're willing to go to the Dark Side, however, I would recommend the CH products line. You will need to get rudder pedals with your stick, though, as CH does not offer a twisty rudder axis on their sticks. On the plus side, though, you will never need another controller again.

I've had my CH products Combatstick, Pro Pedals and Pro Throttle for over 6 years now without a glitch, and I average close to 10 hours' sim time a week. My per hour cost for my $300 initial investment is well under a penny by now.

I get an ersatz FFB by strapping a 'ffb' USB game controller close to my stick base--I get the rumbling and vibration without a lot of jerking of my stick.

cheers

horseback