PDA

View Full Version : customizing character

MeLTHuS_898
11-23-2006, 01:13 PM
And you had to post this why? Its a video game man, the enemy in-game reloads just as fast as you, and if you are like me, You can kill at least 2 people before i have to reload, and the weapon i use only has 26 rounds per clip!

DeanCorleone1
11-23-2006, 06:57 PM
I think its a damn good point. Games only improve from details added. Pointing things out like this to devs will help, I noticed it also and was abit put-off by it.

"Sir, The safety is my finger, Sir!" Hes not saying reduce reloading time, their reload time sure as hell does display alot of eyes-free cordnation, but they even teach basic law enforcement to get the finger outa the hole. Hell, I think their fingers should remain out of the trigger well UNTIL you get a enemy in your sights...

... details always make games better... he wasn't complainin' nor am I, just simply stating how it would be.

ooATILAoo
11-23-2006, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeLTHuS_898:
And you had to post this why? Its a video game man, the enemy in-game reloads just as fast as you, and if you are like me, You can kill at least 2 people before i have to reload, and the weapon i use only has 26 rounds per clip! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's called constructive crititcism And the weapon you use [UMP] has only 25 rounds per <span class="ev_code_RED">magazine</span>[ala Parabellum].<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

parabellum9mm
11-23-2006, 07:29 PM
while we're all being so "professional" here, the UMP is a magazine fed weapon. a magazine is not a clip, they are different terms, describing completely different things and are not interchangeable.

in regards to the original poster: you should have seen the do-rag wearing wannabe gangstas i saw at the range yestarday. they were using all rented weapons (none of their own) and were on the handgun side of the range. I was glad i was on the rifle side and far away from them with a wall between us. If I was a RSO I would have kicked them all out on their asses, they were close to reckless.

Corporal_Upham
11-24-2006, 12:26 PM
I just noticed this while left-triggering behind cover, so I saw it in third person. When attaching or removing a suppressor, the character moves his finger outside the trigger guard. Back in when he's done.

I'm not complaining about the reload times, just observing. They would be world-class from competition-oriented gear; from retention-oriented gear, they are unrealistically fast. And the speed with which one removes, prepares, and throws a grenade is ludicrous.

jade.mk
11-24-2006, 08:16 PM
In addition to the finger in the trigger guard thing mentioned above, I've noticed something about the reload system. It's similar to the old Rainbow games, but not identical. In the old games you could do several tactical reloads and eventually come back to one of your semi-used mags or clips. In R6V you always get a full mag +1 after a tactical reload. If you empty your current mag/clip, of course you'll drop it and your total number of reserve mags will drop. However the number of reserve magas also drops when you do tactical reloads. It seems like your reserve mags are like a cache (a la Counter-Strike) more than actual separate magazines. If you use up a full magazine's worth of ammunition(say 30 rounds on your weapon) over 2 or more magazines through tactical reloading your reserve magazines will still go down by one even though you haven't actually emptied a full magazine.

I'll explain more into detail (basically how ou can test it yourself). Take a weapon (my example will be the FAMAS with 25rnds per mag)and use up 15 rounds. Next, reload (you should have 25 +1) and fire off another 10 rounds (for a total of 25 rounds fired)and do a tactical reload again. Your magazines in reserve should go down by one even though you haven't emptied a single magazine yet. I've tested it with my AR in singleplayer and a bit in multiplayer and it happens. It's not too big of a deal, but it bugs me sometimes especially after playing the original Rainbow games so much.

Can someone else confirm this on their game as well? I'd like to know that I'm not going crazy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

MeanMF
11-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah it's not like Ghost Recon or the old Rainbow Six games where it keeps track of what's in each individual magazine. Your half-empty mags get magically combined together as soon as you reload.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://my.livecard.net/asig/svc+meanmf.png (http://www.teamxlink.co.uk)

adio540
11-24-2006, 08:56 PM
well its a good point..but i think they ARE going for speed not technique<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/adio540element.png

MadCat360
11-24-2006, 08:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corporal_Upham:
I'm not complaining about the reload times, just observing. They would be world-class from competition-oriented gear; from retention-oriented gear, they are unrealistically fast. And the speed with which one removes, prepares, and throws a grenade is ludicrous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2.5 seconds is pretty average for a reload, that is if you practice. I haven't timed the reloads in Vegas, but to me they looked about right.

I only have minimal practice and can reload (stage 1) an MP5 in 2.5 seconds.

rainbowssixx
11-24-2006, 10:31 PM
once you create your character can you change facial features? i was making a character and accidentally quit so now im stuck with the one i dont want.

rainbowssixx
11-24-2006, 10:31 PM
once you create your character can you change facial features? i was making a character and accidentally quit so now im stuck with the one i dont want.

Jermtheory
11-25-2006, 12:42 AM
since we're nitpicking.....why does the beretta always have the safety on[maybe others]?

why do the shotguns look like they shrink to toys when you take cover[again,maybe other guns as well but ive only noticed it with the shotguns]?

what is the point with that laser site?it looks rediculous and i dont think you can even see it on a wall ten feet away.

parabellum9mm
11-25-2006, 01:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jermtheory:

what is the point with that laser site?it looks rediculous and i dont think you can even see it on a wall ten feet away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from what i've read here and heard on Live the laser just gives your weapon an accuracy stat bonus when turned on. you dont use it to aim.

i didn't get it at first either.

Jermtheory
11-25-2006, 01:39 AM
yeah,that makes sense i guess....maybe it is worth using.

MadCat360
11-25-2006, 02:11 AM
It also gives you a better idea of where your shots are going while running, because of the pointer.

parabellum9mm
11-25-2006, 02:12 AM
yeah, i guess when you're moving and you dont have a reticle that's usefull too.

RtekBillabong
11-25-2006, 04:17 AM
Yes you can. From the main menu select multiplayer, then xboxlive. from there go to player info. then select the bottom choice and then you have the option to change custom character. as well as modify prefix.