PDA

View Full Version : Why No Multiplayer? Come On Ubisoft!

bimbo11991
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Multiplayer is one feature that made Red Steel a great experience. No multiplayer will kill sales and the game's longevity. I hope Ubisoft will change their minds pretty quick. Please don't dissapoint your fans.

bimbo11991
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Multiplayer is one feature that made Red Steel a great experience. No multiplayer will kill sales and the game's longevity. I hope Ubisoft will change their minds pretty quick. Please don't dissapoint your fans.

Bigburito
07-12-2009, 02:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bimbo11991:
Multiplayer is one feature that made Red Steel a great experience. No multiplayer will kill sales and the game's longevity. I hope Ubisoft will change their minds pretty quick. Please don't dissapoint your fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if we try to force them to add a multiplayer mode it'll end up being a slapped together glitchy piece of crap. (multiplayer doesn't automatically make the game better) it's better to have a good single player game than a slapped together multiplayer one.

bimbo11991
07-12-2009, 07:33 AM
All I'm trying to say is that Ubisoft planned multiplayer and online from the end of the last game. They promised what they couldn't provide. I like Ubisoft more than the next guy, but with the multiplayer in the first game they should atleast try for our money.

Bigburito
07-12-2009, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bimbo11991:
All I'm trying to say is that Ubisoft planned multiplayer and online from the end of the last game. They promised what they couldn't provide. I like Ubisoft more than the next guy, but with the multiplayer in the first game they should atleast try for our money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but the thing is that red steel was on a different engine, and doesn't use wiimotion plus,

but what I'm saying is that if they throw in a cheap not very fun multiplayer mode and because they had to make a multiplayer mode it took away from the single player game then the game as a whole would suffer. (plus they've already said that they might make a multiplayer DLC after the game is released.)

bimbo11991
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Progress has been made in terms of engines for the Wii and they have been working on Red Steel 2 for quite a while. Other development teams have included atleast a decent multiplayer for their games in the same amount of time. A multiplayer DLC would be a dream come true for Red Steel fans, but shouldn't they include it in the game from the beginning. If they do make DLC, it better be free.

Bigburito
07-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Progress has been made in terms of engines for the Wii and they have been working on Red Steel 2 for quite a while. Other development teams have included atleast a decent multiplayer for their games in the same amount of time. A multiplayer DLC would be a dream come true for Red Steel fans, but shouldn't they include it in the game from the beginning. If they do make DLC, it better be free. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to say it but I've only seen 1 or 2 wii games that have decent online multiplayer (rock band and The Conduit) and even then it wasn't very groundbreaking (the conduit's is great but it can get really glitchy and due to working on the multiplayer the single player suffered) personally I think if they were to make DLC multiplayer it should be about 500 Wii points (around $5 since it's something extra)

bimbo11991
07-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Why should we pay extra for a feature that was promised in the first place? Isn't $50 enough for a company as big as Ubisoft? I don't know about you but spending more money for a game isn't appealing. The Conduit's story could have been longer and more in-depth, but they made big improvements in terms of online multiplayer and effects for Wii games.

Bigburito
07-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Why should we pay extra for a feature that was promised in the first place? Isn't $50 enough for a company as big as Ubisoft? I don't know about you but spending more money for a game isn't appealing. The Conduit's story could have been longer and more in-depth, but they made big improvements in terms of online multiplayer and effects for Wii games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but it wasn't promised, in all the time that we've known about Red Steel 2 they have never said they were going to. yes they did but since they took a lot of time to do the multiplayer the single-player suffered (the first half of the single-player wasn't very good but the second half was great)

bimbo11991
07-13-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree with your Conduit statements. Ubisoft announced that they would include online multiplayer for the next Red Steel shortly after Red Steel was released. After that point they did downplay their previous comments, though.

Bigburito
07-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree with your Conduit statements. Ubisoft announced that they would include online multiplayer for the next Red Steel shortly after Red Steel was released. After that point they did downplay their previous comments, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if you think about it this isn't exactly the "next" red steel, they pretty much started from the ground up and made a ne game where the only thing that connects the too is the name so maybe by saying the next red steel they mean the next one that follows the original story will have multiplayer

bimbo11991
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
They clearly stated "Red Steel 2", but a company doesn't always keep their word if the circumstances don't fit.

Bigburito
07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
They clearly stated "Red Steel 2", but a company doesn't always keep their word if the circumstances don't fit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not really that they aren't keeping their word but more like they changed their minds (it's a business so they have to keep a float so if something isn't viable or not within the budget they have to cut it, plain and simple.

bimbo11991
07-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I agree with your sense of business, but the more features that they cut from a game will usually hurt the final outcome. If Bungie or Nintendo left out multiplayer in Halo or Brawl they just wouldn't be the games that they have become. I want Red Steel 2 to be the best game that it can possibly be and I hope that Ubisoft isn't cutting any budget to satisfy production costs, even if it is necessary.

Bigburito
07-15-2009, 09:29 PM
I agree with your sense of business, but the more features that they cut from a game will usually hurt the final outcome. If Bungie or Nintendo left out multiplayer in Halo or Brawl they just wouldn't be the games that they have become. I want Red Steel 2 to be the best game that it can possibly be and I hope that Ubisoft isn't cutting any budget to satisfy production costs, even if it is necessary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but in halo and brawl the main draw is the multiplayer (the single player is basically the second thought in each game)

bimbo11991
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
The multiplayer was one of the biggest parts of the game that I focused on because the story was short.

Bigburito
07-17-2009, 09:58 PM
The multiplayer was one of the biggest parts of the game that I focused on because the story was short. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean in red steel 1? (no offense the multiplayer was pretty weak in the first game, graphics quality dropped significantly and the controls were mediocre)

bimbo11991
07-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm not saying that the multiplayer was really good, just that it was the best on the Wii and probably still is. My brothers and cousins played the multiplayer to death and an improvement in Red Steel 2 could have cemented us as long time fans.

Bigburito
07-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm not saying that the multiplayer was really good, just that it was the best on the Wii and probably still is. My brothers and cousins played the multiplayer to death and an improvement in Red Steel 2 could have cemented us as long time fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually there are many great multiplayer games on the Wii (Brawl, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, The Conduit, heck even Wii sports is a great multiplayer game) anyways since it's not going to come with Multiplayer lets hope that they decide to release it as DLC

seivohc
07-19-2009, 07:36 AM
I don't really mind about the lack of a multiplayer mode, although I do hope that Ubisoft will release some type of online multiplayer component through DLC for those that want it. (Unlikely though) =/

bimbo11991
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
We can only hope that they include DLC or multiplayer in the first place. How much do people still play Brawl or Medal of Honor anymore, Bigburito?

Bigburito
07-20-2009, 07:53 PM
We can only hope that they include DLC or multiplayer in the first place. How much do people still play Brawl or Medal of Honor anymore, Bigburito? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a lot actually, there are Brawl Tournaments held world-wide all the time

bimbo11991
07-21-2009, 06:31 AM
How many of these took place anywhere in my area? None. Have I and my family played Brawl to death? Yes. I would like to see another game claim some type of dominance from the realm of multiplayer. Don't you?

Bigburito
07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
How many of these took place anywhere in my area? None. Have I and my family played Brawl to death? Yes. I would like to see another game claim some type of dominance from the realm of multiplayer. Don't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't know, I don't live in your area. in my area there's a tournament every couple of months. also The Conduit has taken dominance in the Online Multiplayer (Brawl's is completely obliterated in comparison) so I don't really see a reason to need multiplayer(besides I can also see possible problems with Red Steel 2 having multiplayer, with only a few exceptions most Wii games that have Online play suffer from horrible lag. couple that with having to transmit and receive data for all three axis's and then if you take into account connection speeds it's going to end up being a buggy mess.

BruceMii
07-22-2009, 01:31 PM
If this has online multiplayer (even as DLC) it's a first day buy, otherwise not interested.

bimbo11991
07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Why would Red Steel 2 have so many problems that the Conduit didn't? I think that Ubisoft has the programming might to conquer these problems and the Wii can handle the online (as shown with the Conduit).
(To BruceMii)- I share your hopes for a multiplayer, but don't write off the whole game just for the lack of one feature.

Bigburito
07-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Why would Red Steel 2 have so many problems that the Conduit didn't? I think that Ubisoft has the programming might to conquer these problems and the Wii can handle the online (as shown with the Conduit).
(To BruceMii)- I share your hopes for a multiplayer, but don't write off the whole game just for the lack of one feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just don't see it working very well (people expect for the 1:1 controls to stay that way even online but there'll definetly be a lag between people connected through the internet so it won't be 1:1)

bimbo11991
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't expect any game's multiplayer to be perfect, but I do hope that Ubisoft does their best in making any part of Red Steel 2. I think the fans deserve the best.

Bigburito
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't expect any game's multiplayer to be perfect, but I do hope that Ubisoft does their best in making any part of Red Steel 2. I think the fans deserve the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly, ubisoft decided to make the single-player experience the best instead of making a mediocre single-player with a mediocre multiplayer. and once they finish the singleplayer and release the game they then might possibly release a multiplayer mode as DLC so that they can have more time to work on and perfect it.

bimbo11991
07-24-2009, 07:58 AM
We can hope that you are right about their plans, but not many games have major DLC on the Wii. This could change ,though with the SD memory solution. Let's hope.

Bigburito
07-24-2009, 03:58 PM
We can hope that you are right about their plans, but not many games have major DLC on the Wii. This could change ,though with the SD memory solution. Let's hope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well with the success of DLC on other consoles I'm guessing that it'll definetly grow as time goes on.

bimbo11991
07-25-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't see why it shouldn't, but Ubisoft has to take the next step in providing the DLC(at an affordable price, please).

Bigburito
07-25-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't see why it shouldn't, but Ubisoft has to take the next step in providing the DLC(at an affordable price, please). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing either $5 or $10 dollars (depending on how much content is in the multiplayer mode like levels, character customization, game modes ect.)

dangster333
07-26-2009, 03:53 PM
what??? no multiplayer??? multiplayer would make this game absolutely sick you could duel swords with other players and shoot at each other now that would be awesome

bimbo11991
07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Multiplayer would be a great addition to the gameplay and hopefully the delay will influence Ubisoft to add the multiplayer. Thank you, Ubisoft(if that is your plan).

infernal1009
08-20-2009, 08:18 PM
you are absolutely right! i totally agree!

rs2fan
08-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Multiplayer would without a doubt make this game a AAA title that the wii desperately needs. What should be done is keep it simple. no more then 10 players online.RS2 has the potential to own , so UBISOFT PLEASE , Give the people online multplayer. Or at least lots of DLC.

Bigburito
08-28-2009, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rs2fan:
Multiplayer would without a doubt make this game a AAA title that the wii desperately needs. What should be done is keep it simple. no more then 10 players online.RS2 has the potential to own , so UBISOFT PLEASE , Give the people online multplayer. Or at least lots of DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still going with 1 VS 1 local dueling (since again online will have lag and the only way to not have lag, which would make the 1:1 controls useless, is for there to be no online.

Iron_Warrior
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bigburito:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rs2fan:
Multiplayer would without a doubt make this game a AAA title that the wii desperately needs. What should be done is keep it simple. no more then 10 players online.RS2 has the potential to own , so UBISOFT PLEASE , Give the people online multplayer. Or at least lots of DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still going with 1 VS 1 local dueling (since again online will have lag and the only way to not have lag, which would make the 1:1 controls useless, is for there to be no online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 1v1 would be fun, but it's perfectly possible to make it work online, too. Along your line of thinking, the slight online lag would kill any game. There's nothing special about the 1:1 controls in the online sense...all that has to be sent to the server is your sword's position and whatever other data necessary in the game. It's no different than when Modern Warefare has to send the position of a bullet fired, or the blast radius of any explosive...and yet it does it almost instantly. Just because it's 1:1 doesn't mean there's a silly amount of data to send, there's lots of online fighting games that would use similar collision detection to this game.

Lets not judge the Wii's online based on a game like The Conduit, which had some horrible lag issues and buggy online.

bimbo11991
08-28-2009, 08:29 PM
I agree, there is always room for improvement in terms of wii online and Ubisoft should make an effort.

mynameiswalter
08-28-2009, 08:59 PM
as long as theres no lag i'd be happy to have online, and local would be nice as well, look at Super Smash Bros Brawl, its local multiplayer is way better than its online.

bimbo11991
08-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Brawl was a good multiplayer title, but the online was kind of a mess. Progress has been made for the Wii online and servers are being improved. Offline would also delete your worries on lag.

Sidious87
09-02-2009, 03:37 AM
If there is no offline multiplayer on the game at least at release I will most likely just wait till either the game price drops or a multiplayer download is released. TBH most games without a multiplayer side to the game I play through once then I wont see it out of the box for quite a while. A lot of my console playing time goes to multiplayer thats why i had well over 1000 hrs on SSBM, even the newer mario kart and SSBB are long passed 200 hrs each. Its cos there is nothing like the feeling of killing ur mates char and seeing them get frustrated over the lucky long range headshot with a pistol.

mynameiswalter
09-02-2009, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">a </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is so true, offline can be loads more fun than online, you can't see their faces when you kill them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif , which to me is soooo unsatisfying

bimbo11991
09-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I know that online brings many people together from across the world, but the personal level of gameplay that offline offers can only be found on your couch with your friends.

Bigburito
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iron_Warrior:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bigburito:

I'm still going with 1 VS 1 local dueling (since again online will have lag and the only way to not have lag, which would make the 1:1 controls useless, is for there to be no online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree 1v1 would be fun, but it's perfectly possible to make it work online, too. Along your line of thinking, the slight online lag would kill any game. There's nothing special about the 1:1 controls in the online sense...all that has to be sent to the server is your sword's position and whatever other data necessary in the game. It's no different than when Modern Warefare has to send the position of a bullet fired, or the blast radius of any explosive...and yet it does it almost instantly. Just because it's 1:1 doesn't mean there's a silly amount of data to send, there's lots of online fighting games that would use similar collision detection to this game.

Lets not judge the Wii's online based on a game like The Conduit, which had some horrible lag issues and buggy online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but the conduit barely had any lag (I agree it was buggy but laggy it twas not!) but what I ean is quite simple, your expecting that sword controls that revolve around precise movement to be lag free even on the best of connections isn't realistic, heck even if they were to put this somehow on the 360 it would have difficulties where somebodies connection is faster and thus gets the game a second or two earlier and thus has more time to counter the opponents movement who is seeing a delayed game...

mynameiswalter
09-03-2009, 12:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lets not judge the Wii's online based on a game like The Conduit, which had some horrible lag issues and buggy online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when i played the conduit it ran smooth as..

if they did have online (and they're worried about it being laggy cause of too many players) they could even just have duels, like a tourney kinda mode, so the server would only have to focus on the two wii motes

but you just wouldn't get the same felling you get when you gun a whole buncha people down, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

but right now I'm looking at it like this, If i'm gonna buy a game, I'm thinking about the conduit, RS2 and metroid trilogy,

Conduit has online multi
MPT have offline multi
RS2 has nothing........good single, but MPT has that too. sooooooo yep.....

please add any kinda multiplayer UBISOFT please i'm begging you, you can even delay more, like bring it out next christmas with the best ever online, best ever offline and a 50 hour single, (it doesnt have to be 50 hrs exactly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) I will buy it........ (and love the developers forever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif )

i'm feeling a 10/10 on all the game review sites!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

SuperNinjaBadas
09-10-2009, 05:28 PM
WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! I was looking forword to pwning my bro at sword duels! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

SuperNinjaBadas
09-10-2009, 05:31 PM
It would be soooooo cool if you could destroy real people ONLINE! Like fighting 5 people at once and winning! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

bimbo11991
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Ubisoft's response to that is too bad, you have to wait for our next game. Are you satisfied?

mynameiswalter
09-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Ubisoft's response to that is too bad, you have to wait for our next game. Are you satisfied? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nup.

bimbo11991
09-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Darn right!

mynameiswalter
09-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Darn tootin!!!

Telsun
09-11-2009, 11:40 AM
As an Australian I NEED & WANT this to have online! So many games have been released here with out it it's sickening! Yes even "Medal of Honor Heroes 2" lacked online play &gt;_&gt;, the conduit? yes but I am forced to play Euro's and there for very bad online play. T-T

mynameiswalter
09-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Me too!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
soo frustrated with ubisoft, soo want multiplayer, well just have to wait for RS3,
Wow, gee-whiz I sure do hope that gets delayed as well!!!

I can't take it anymore need RS2 multiplayer!!!!!

bimbo11991
09-11-2009, 08:53 PM
RS2 will be released almost 3 1/2 years after the first game. I would say that RS3 would possibly come out winter of 2013. That is way too long to wait for a decent multiplayer game on the Wii. Fans will move on to something else. Thanks, Ubi.

Telsun
09-12-2009, 11:32 AM
RS2 will be released almost 3 1/2 years after the first game. I would say that RS3 would possibly come out winter of 2013. That is way too long to wait for a decent multiplayer game on the Wii. Fans will move on to something else. Thanks, Ubi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was more than enough time to add multiplayer imho. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

bimbo11991
09-14-2009, 09:17 PM
The end product better be one magnificent game when it comes out or fans will see the delay as a waste of time and potential.

bimbo11991
09-23-2009, 05:59 PM
TGS is beginning. Ubi can appeal to the fans or alienate them like they did at Penny Arcade. Ubi Wuzzi has said that there will be a pleasant surprise in the next few days. Let's hope on something big.

bimbo11991
11-23-2009, 08:53 PM
We have to remember that there is always the possibility of multiplayer in RS2. We have roughly 3 months before the game releasing(let's hope no more delays) and a lot can happen before then. I can already see the fake multiplayer videos online shortly after release.

Blue_panda_123
11-24-2009, 06:49 AM
We have to remember that there is always the possibility of multiplayer in RS2. We have roughly 3 months before the game releasing(let's hope no more delays) and a lot can happen before then. I can already see the fake multiplayer videos online shortly after release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems you've forgotten about the time you ripped me a new on for even the tiniest mention of multiplayer. And now you say al ot can change? you, good sir are a hypocrite. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

bimbo11991
11-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Times have changed. No one even talks about RS2 on this forum anymore. The moderators were getting mad at us for making so many irrelevant threads, so I thought I would revive an ancient thread and see whant happened. Please don't take offense to my previous actions. I offer an apology to you. You may talk about anything(even multiplayer) on this forum.
I had to make some excuse for Ubi abondoning this forum.

Blue_panda_123
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
s'all right. one of the things that made me a little ticked off was that I was making (hopefully) good suggestions but I felt they were being ignored because I had the audacity to mention MP in even in the smallest form. I accept your apology, rock on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

PicaroDeSombras
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Multiplayer is one feature that made Red Steel a great experience. No multiplayer will kill sales and the game's longevity. I hope Ubisoft will change their minds pretty quick. Please don't dissapoint your fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

.....GET OVER IT!!! IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Fender0
01-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Right thing to say for someone with 8 posts, isn't it bimbo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif?

bimbo11991
01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Really?! I posted that July 11, 2009! That was when the rumor was going around that there wouldn't be any multiplayer.
Yes, Fender0. Some of these noobs are so intelligent when they post.

HeroOfTime007
01-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Progress has been made in terms of engines for the Wii and they have been working on Red Steel 2 for quite a while. Other development teams have included atleast a decent multiplayer for their games in the same amount of time. A multiplayer DLC would be a dream come true for Red Steel fans, but shouldn't they include it in the game from the beginning. If they do make DLC, it better be free. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to say it but I've only seen 1 or 2 wii games that have decent online multiplayer (rock band and The Conduit) and even then it wasn't very groundbreaking (the conduit's is great but it can get really glitchy and due to working on the multiplayer the single player suffered) personally I think if they were to make DLC multiplayer it should be about 500 Wii points (around $5 since it's something extra) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? Medal Of Honor Heroes 2, Call Of DutyModern Warfare Reflex, and World at War, Mario Kart Wii, Guitar Hero 5, to name a few.