PDA

View Full Version : SP1, shadows, spotlights, GF6-7's and PCX cards

davet366
01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
A while back I posted a gripe about issues with SP1 buffer shadow mode not working on a 7600GT. (You can force the projector mode). And since I never rest until i find a solution, and I may not get out very much but I just learned there were PCX cards available. PCX is the AGP to PCI-E- bridge for the FX (GF5) series cards. At least that's how I understood the purpose behind them.
And since I love my eye candy in SP1....
I have P5nSLI main board, so I ordered a PCX5750 and stuck it in the slot below the main PCI-E. The PCX has no SLI support so I just disable the 7600GT in the device manager, restart and use the PCX5750. SP1 now looks like it should, but, I lost about 20-25 fps. Suck. I know this is probably remedial for you hotshots but I was proud of myself. I enjoy going to the police station and whacking the guy with the big shadow in the video surveillance room even more now.
Oh and if you try this, some monitors will read, "input not supported" at first. Give it a minute. I also trouble shooted all the different drivers and if it would run faster in the main slot etc. but got no differences. Mine is an MSI PCX5750 and does not overclock worth a ****.
Hell it was only $17 vga, so...word.

davet366
01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
A while back I posted a gripe about issues with SP1 buffer shadow mode not working on a 7600GT. (You can force the projector mode). And since I never rest until i find a solution, and I may not get out very much but I just learned there were PCX cards available. PCX is the AGP to PCI-E- bridge for the FX (GF5) series cards. At least that's how I understood the purpose behind them.
I have P5nSLI main board, so I ordered a PCX5750 and stuck it in the slot below the main PCI-E. The PCX has no SLI support so I just disable the 7600GT in the device manager, restart and use the PCX5750. SP1 now looks like it should, but, I lost about 20-25 fps. Suck. I know this is probably remedial for you hotshots but I was proud of myself. I enjoy going to the police station and whacking the guy with the big shadow in the video surveillance room even more now.
Oh and if you try this, some monitors will read, "input not supported" at first. Give it a minute. I also trouble shooted all the different drivers and if it would run faster in the main slot etc. but got no differences. Mine is an MSI PCX5750 and does not overclock worth a ****.
Hell it was only $17 vga, so...word.

Vth_F_Smith_
01-02-2008, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davet366:
Hell it was only $17 vga, so...word. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure that will be of help to others with the same problem. Great work! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

scworld
01-02-2008, 06:26 PM
While the original StarCraft is still being updated regularly, it's not too common. It's a pity that Ubi cant even support Vista or the 7xxx and 8xxx graphics cards for Double Agent. Actually, what DO they support? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

On-topic: thanks. I've already run my walkthroughs, and dont plan on buying something for SC1 anymore, but it's a nice solution.