PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV rawwwks

Airmail109
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't care how immoral this game is, it royally rocks. It's 10/10 on IGN is deserved IMO

It's even got an anti-violance message to the story line

Multiplayer kicks arse. Most arcadey fun I've had in a looooong time.

Airmail109
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't care how immoral this game is, it royally rocks. It's 10/10 on IGN is deserved IMO

It's even got an anti-violance message to the story line

Multiplayer kicks arse. Most arcadey fun I've had in a looooong time.

HotelBushranger
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
<shakes fist> Bastage!

Airmail109
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
&lt;shakes fist&gt; Bastage! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mwwwwhahahahah I haz it an joooo don't neahhhh!

WOLFMondo
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
It indeed rocks. I'm trying to pace myself and not just rush through to get the point where I can fly the Annihlator helicopter.

The level of detail put into the city is also stunning.

jadger
05-01-2008, 01:27 PM
are the ******s good looking this time?

Choctaw111
05-01-2008, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jadger:
are the ******s good looking this time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if you are a not so good looking lady (by your standards)? How short is life for them? What defines a "chick" as ugly. I know plenty of "good looking" females who are despicable on the inside...and I don't like your sig btw. Your post here is what did it for me and I just had to say something. There are ladies on this forum you know. That is not a nice sig to have.

Back to the original post, I have read about it and it looks good, aside from all the needless violence http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

DrHerb
05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
It looks killer now, waitll it comes out on pc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Choctaw111
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrHerb:
It looks killer now, waitll it comes out on pc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they seriously looking to release it for the PC? THAT I didn't know.

Airmail109
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrHerb:
It looks killer now, waitll it comes out on pc http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll have to wait a year minimum, I was thinking though it would be an awesome game to mod into an online FPS.

64 player, tactical fps with civilians everywhere. Just think of all the scenario's you could make with such an engine.

Urufu_Shinjiro
05-01-2008, 04:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jadger:

Lol, the ******s are never good looking when you get done taking the crowbar to them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif "GIMME MY MONEY BACK BIATCH!", lol!

SeaFireLIV
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:

What if you are a not so good looking lady (by your standards)? How short is life for them? What defines a "chick" as ugly. I know plenty of "good looking" females who are despicable on the inside...and I don't like your sig btw. Your post here is what did it for me and I just had to say something. There are ladies on this forum you know. That is not a nice sig to have.

Back to the original post, I have read about it and it looks good, aside from all the needless violence http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don`t speak up for indivdual forumers usually, but why are people giving jadger such a tough time over his sig? As he once explained, there`s a rather sad reason for the sig (which i`ll leave him to explain). Neither do I see the sig as anything more than a silly playful remark without knowing the story behind it.

I bet you wouldn`t say anything if a known girl posted, "life is too short to date ugly men!"

Choctaw111
05-01-2008, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:

Back to the original post, I have read about it and it looks good, aside from all the needless violence http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don`t speak up for indivdual forumers usually, but why are people giving jadger such a tough time over his sig? As he once explained, there`s a rather sad reason for the sig (which i`ll leave him to explain). Neither do I see the sig as anything more than a silly playful remark without knowing the story behind it.

I bet you wouldn`t say anything if a known girl posted, "life is too short to date ugly men!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all frankness, I was not aware of a dismal reason for his sig and I am truly sorry to hear of this, really I am. As far as me saying something about a girl posting something about dating ugly men...wanna make a bet?
I am a firm believer that the real beauty is in the heart. It is a nice plus if the stuff on the outside looks good as well, but that only lasts for a short while. A good heart lasts a lifetime.

I don't want to give the impression of hijacking the thread, I just wanted to respond to this.

Airmail109
05-01-2008, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:

I bet you wouldn`t say anything if a known girl posted, "life is too short to date ugly men!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all frankness, I was not aware of a dismal reason for his sig and I am truly sorry to hear of this, really I am. As far as me saying something about a girl posting something about dating ugly men...wanna make a bet?
I am a firm believer that the real beauty is in the heart. It is a nice plus if the stuff on the outside looks good as well, but that only lasts for a short while. A good heart lasts a lifetime.

I don't want to give the impression of hijacking the thread, I just wanted to respond to this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A good heart doesn't last a life time, it can be considerably darkened by enviromental factors. Including being ugly. What's sad about this is the idea of uglyness=bad perpetuates evil in those on the recieving end which in term strengthens the myth. Whats sadder is that me, despite once being socially outcast for a long time for being goofy and weird looking (something that I am still dealing with, let that be a warning to anyone who wants plastic surgery...the nip tuck line "they fixed me but I'm still broken" rings true) until orthodontists did all sorts of stuff to me....I still knowingly discriminate against fat chicks. I'm nice to them and everything, on face value. But it's still there under the surface.

My take on it is that evil is passed around, you always have a baseline of it in you. But certain things can be done to pass more on. I try to cut it being passed on ever so often, to the point that sometimes I intercept it and say dance with that girl I don't find attractive or compliment another. Etc. Cancel the negativity out.

Other times I just like to get punch drunk so I don't think about this stuff.

Choctaw111
05-01-2008, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:

A good heart doesn't last a life time, it can be considerably darkened by enviromental factors. Including being ugly. What's sad about this is the idea of uglyness=bad perpetuates evil in those on the recieving end which in term strengthens the myth. Whats sadder is that me, despite once being socially outcast for a long time for being goofy and weird looking (something that I am still dealing with, let that be a warning to anyone who wants plastic surgery...he nip tuck line "they fixed me but I'm still broken" rings true) until orthodontists did all sorts of stuff to me....I still knowingly discriminate against fat chicks. I'm nice to them and everything, on face value. But it's still there under the surface.

My take on it is that evil is passed around, you always have a baseline of it in you. But certain things can be done to pass more on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right. I should rephrase my statement. A good heart is not based on outward appearances and a person's good heart can change over time, or change caused by events.
I have gone through such changes myself, and now the smallest things can set me off, triggers if you will, and I may display at times what people might consider unruly behavior as a result...sometimes even here. I apologize if anyone has noticed this.

I would like to know more about GTA4. For those of you that have played it, tell me more.

Airmail109
05-01-2008, 06:13 PM
My take on it is a good heart is not based on outward appearances but often society dicates life in such a way that this perception actually becomes real.

Airmail109
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
GTA4 is amusement. Cops v Robbers mode online is hilarious. Just utter insanity, it's great like IL2 online there are moments of sheer brilliance.

Eg somehow the multiplayer event turns into a "chase the baddies through the streets of new york in a helicopter whilst they're shooting out the back of their van with AKs"

Or Bullit'esque style chases in vintage cars.....or or or

the list goes on

Urufu_Shinjiro
05-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Wow guys, lets stop being serious and get back to bashing ****** with baseball bats already, lol.

Airmail109
05-01-2008, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
Wow guys, lets stop being serious and get back to bashing ****** with baseball bats already, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GTA IV is incomplete....

wheres the fooookin trunk monkey?

Urufu_Shinjiro
05-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Trunk monkey would totally rock in GTA, lol.

Choctaw111
05-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Press the button and... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/PublicPhotoAccount2/smileys/zzwildmonkey.gif

HotelBushranger
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Aw, no screenies for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

jadger
05-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Choctaw, first off, "ugly" does not necessarily refer to just the physical appearance, but can refer to a person's personality as well.

And my sig comes from the book "Fifteen Days (http://www.amazon.ca/Fifteen-Days-Stories-Friendship-Canadian/dp/0385664664/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209719198&sr=8-1)" by Christie Blatchford. In it, she describes the funeral of a deceased Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan, his buddy left a T-shirt with this statement on his tombstone. Basically, it means that one cannot waste life's precious moments, as life is too short.

Phobia337
05-02-2008, 09:34 AM
YEA GTA IV IS BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love running from the cops in a high speed chase and boom you connect something head on and you go flying through the window. There is now a risk/reward factor rather than just mindless running over every car in your way with no negatives. I love ejecting Niko as far as I can over ledges and see how far I can get him to fly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Choctaw111
05-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Choctaw, first off, "ugly" does not necessarily refer to just the physical appearance, but can refer to a person's personality as well.

And my sig comes from the book "Fifteen Days (http://www.amazon.ca/Fifteen-Days-Stories-Friendship-Canadian/dp/0385664664/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209719198&sr=8-1)" by Christie Blatchford. In it, she describes the funeral of a deceased Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan, his buddy left a T-shirt with this statement on his tombstone. Basically, it means that one cannot waste life's precious moments, as life is too short. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree about a person's personality, and I lost soldiers in their late teens and early 20's, so I know how short life can be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Badsight-
05-03-2008, 03:08 AM
the most honest review of gta4 ive read yet

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3297

i wish we were allowed access to the command console in-game

SeaFireLIV
05-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Good review, thnx. If it ever comes out on a PC i`ll take a pew.

Airmail109
05-05-2008, 08:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Badsight-:

i wish we were allowed access to the command console in-game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the ****** that wrote that review realizes you can change the controls to classic mode

foxyboy1964
05-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I've been watching some videos of it on youtube, it looks great. Some of the language would make a docker blush.

The cover mode looked interesting, is it useful?

I'm with SeaFire, I'll wait till it's out on PC.

BTW SeaFire, nice sig. Is that the one you did recently, yes?

SeaFireLIV
05-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Yea, it`s a day old. Paint\ink barely dry...

Feathered_IV
05-05-2008, 09:47 PM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That has been on my mind for some time too. I'm glad someone brought it up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Edit: The supposedly deep and poignant reasoning behind it seems a little shallow to me. For the "message" it is claimed it is trying to convey, any number of others could have done the same job - and done it better. Unless of course it is intended to serve a dual purpose, in satisfying some mysoginistic tendancies in the poster. In which case, it must succeed admirably. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

jadger
05-06-2008, 12:45 AM
settle down. I didn't know the PC police were taking over the UBIzoo now.

I have all the freedom in the world to make statements that I like, and I don't give a rat's arse if you don't like them.

Badsight-
05-06-2008, 05:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Badsight-:

i wish we were allowed access to the command console in-game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the ****** that wrote that review realizes you can change the controls to classic mode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anandtech has writers that know their stuff

but i digress , the fact that GTA still has a cartoony look is fine by me . still loving the single player

but the charater has regressed this time around when it comes to controlling him .

its like Driv3r in how the character has become more awkward to use

& the camera slack difference between on-foot & driving is annoying , not so much that there is a difference but that the camera is too ridgid when following him running around

other that that its a great addition to the gta series

SeaFireLIV
05-06-2008, 06:41 AM

I have all the freedom in the world to make statements that I like, and I don't give a rat's arse if you don't like them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must back jadger up on this. the reasons for the attacks on him over a little sig writing are stupid.

jadger
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM

I have all the freedom in the world to make statements that I like, and I don't give a rat's arse if you don't like them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must back jadger up on this. the reasons for the attacks on him over a little sig writing are stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed, especially since I dont see them going and complaining in the "breasts vs Thighs" thread about it being chauvanistic, though it is on the same forum.

waffen-79
01-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi guys I know you have superb taste regarding PC games and here's the proof

ArmA 2
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...781092177#1781092177 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/2131040177?r=1781092177#1781092177)

Warband Mount&Blade
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...061081188#3061081188 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/1861027088?r=3061081188#3061081188)

Oblivion
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...231077607#2231077607 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/7501085607?r=2231077607#2231077607)

Fallout 3
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...781079207#2781079207 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/4421062207?r=2781079207#2781079207)

Fallout New Vegas
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...421097888#7421097888 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/5371077888?r=7421097888#7421097888)

and I agree 100% with you, since I have all of them currently installed on my pc

I wanted to ask you, what do you think of GTA:IV and the standalone Episodes from Liberty City? <span class="ev_code_RED">[for PC]</span>

I want to know if any of you have played it online?

Do you recommend it?

Is there still people playing it online?

danjama
01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
People still play gta4 on ps3. Not sure about on PC. Only PC games I play are:

Il2
Theatre of war
GTRevo
Red orchestra (and mod addons)

Gta4 has a good single player aspect though. Have you considered Red Dead Redemption?

Ba5tard5word
01-26-2011, 10:18 PM
GTAIV is pretty fun but make sure you have a quad core and a good graphics card if you're playing it on pc. No idea what it's like online.

As for Episodes from Liberty City, I thought Lost and Damned was kind of boring and disappointing, but I had fun with the Ballad of Gay Tony, which was one insane mission after another.

PhantomKira
01-27-2011, 02:14 AM
Personally, I was rather disappointed with GTAIV. I've always liked the GTA types for their open game play, and the many things you could do that weren't core storyline related. IV didn't have anywhere near the options and little missions, etc that GTA SA had. Despite the awesome job they did on modeling a big city, it felt like they were so busy making their pretty city that they forgot to put in all the little side missions/ extras that all the previous games had built on. That real or perceived reduction in the scope of the game, when all previous titles had been expansions, kinda turned me off to it. That doesn't mean I don't play it, you understand (it's still #1 for my run-around-playing-cop fix). It's just not as enjoyable as it could be, or as I was expecting it to be.

waffen-79
01-27-2011, 03:55 AM
thanks for the responces guys

@DanJama

sadly I rely only on my PC for gaming, don't have any console, but I'm hoping they port RDR to PC

@BastardSword and PhantomKira

I'm thinking on getting them from steam, I checked the system requirements and apparently I'm on the safe zone

It's just that I'm watching all these videos on youtube, its engine is very cinematic, there's all kinds of videos up, some very complete like The Trashmaster, and some other just hilarious

I can picture myselft recreating scenes from HEAT and THE TOWN online hehehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

the way I see it, there are two options

GTA IV and GTA EFLC &lt; this one with 2 dlcs

BUT, and here's the trick, you can only choose one from the 3, to play the SP story or multiplayer matches

question is, should I get them both? if not, which one have the most players online?

Choctaw111
01-27-2011, 07:52 AM
I still play Oblivion and have loads of fun with it.
There are some truly remarkable mods for it.
As far as FO3, I haven't really played it much.
If someone came up with a non-destroyed, trees and grass kind of world for it, I would have much more fun playing with it and exploring.

Low_Flyer_MkIX
01-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Something different in PC games, eh? Take a look at 'The Witcher'.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/912/912130p1.html

The platinum edition comes with all the 'enhanced edition' improvements plus fan-made mods and extra adventures. If you can handle Il2/FB at reasonable frame rates, you should be o.k. The (quick) prologue is so-so, but once you're through that you'll end up in a beautifully rendered and very immersive world. I love it. It's nice just wandering about sometimes, but it gets nasty after dark in Witcher World. I'd love a hybrid Witcher/Mount & Blade, free of sorcery and monsters, but maybe that's just me.

Ba5tard5word
01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhantomKira:
Personally, I was rather disappointed with GTAIV. I've always liked the GTA types for their open game play, and the many things you could do that weren't core storyline related. IV didn't have anywhere near the options and little missions, etc that GTA SA had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always found that stuff to be really boring and pointless in GTASA, and the map in SA was way too big. GTAVC got a lot of use out of a very small map. I thought GTAIV was just right in terms of size. Yeah there could have been some side mission stuff though, but doing taxi missions and putting out fires and going to the gym is really lame. They should have had stuff in IV like going through tough scenarios to get perks like more health and armor, like the police missions in GTAVC which were a lot of fun and very tough.

Airmail109
01-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Rockstar need to make an even more inflammatory game, something along the lines of Grand Theft Auto: Mogadishu

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090316211416/uncyclopedia/images/d/d4/GTA_Somalia_sm.jpg

waffen-79
01-27-2011, 03:41 PM
I still play Oblivion and have loads of fun with it.
There are some truly remarkable mods for it.
As far as FO3, I haven't really played it much.
If someone came up with a non-destroyed, trees and grass kind of world for it, I would have much more fun playing with it and exploring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a mod -ESP- for Fallout3 that makes trees and green vegetation appear thru the wasteland it's called GreenerWorld, look it up at Nexus, also there is a mod that let's you aim thru the Ironsights in FO3 like FNV

I find myself expending to much time at the nexus mod sites http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

oh and AiMail that pic is very funny I also found one of GTA: Vatican that was hilarious

PhantomKira
01-28-2011, 12:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
I always found that stuff to be really boring and pointless in GTASA, and the map in SA was way too big. GTAVC got a lot of use out of a very small map. I thought GTAIV was just right in terms of size. Yeah there could have been some side mission stuff though, but doing taxi missions and putting out fires and going to the gym is really lame. They should have had stuff in IV like going through tough scenarios to get perks like more health and armor, like the police missions in GTAVC which were a lot of fun and very tough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I agree about the map, 100%, it's wayyy too unpopulated in SA. When I said "open", I was referring to GTASA not being in a linear format, like a console shooter. You could go places, do things, and didn't HAVE to to X, Y, and Z, in that order, right now, because it's the ONLY option presented to you at any given time. But then that's a major draw for that sort of game, why a lot of people play it to begin with. Tend to agree about those little goofy missions too. 100 taxi fares? Gimme a break! There seemed to be fewer open buildings, and things like the destruction derbies of GTAVC, but, again, maybe it's just a matter of expectations.

Love your GTA:Somolia idea Aimail.