PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer....

Paragon Fury
11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
is really annoying. All of the previews I read definitely did not tell the truth about the MP. Here I came expecting a stealthy, patient, stalk-prepare-kill-dissappear game, and what I got is Convictions without guns. Actually, scratch that; its worse than Convictions.

And what gets me even more is that is has all the foundations of a great MP, but some choices absolutely baffle me. Just like Convictions, its like Ubisoft saw how great the base of what they had was, were too afraid of putting it out there and having to beat it later on, so they piled a bunch of BS on it and called it "better".

Some are worse than others, but lets see here:

1: No guards - there isn't anything to discourage people from acting like a ***, since the only reprocussions are from their trackers, who if they don't have them in their LoS will never know their target is being a *******. If you're going to go on the roofs and run around like an idiot it should be only when absolutely nessacary, and you should have to deal with the guards and a big ruckus in order to get your way.

2: Too many people - there are too many people in the FFA matches. The team matches aren't so bad, but 8 people on the maps we have right now is too many. Its hard to keep the cover of "steath" and "disguise" when there are 5-6 idiots running around; its even harder to concentrate on a target when you know there are 5-6 idiots running around with almost no consequence who can interrupt your planned-out kill in mere seconds, making you wish that they were your target instead so you could stab them in the face for a reason.

3: THE @#$%^&*((%# COMPASS! - Of all the things, the compass ****es me off the most. I could tolerate MP if it weren't for this @#$%^*&(* thing. The hand-holding needs to stop; all you should get is a picture and thats it. Maybe a little "Your target is nearby" warning, but thats as far as it should go. I don't need the game to hold my god damn hand and point me to the enemy; I'm not blind and stupid. And I certainly don't need the game placing a giant @$#$%^&* "HERE I AM" sign on my back for my pursuers. If they find me, let it be because I slipped up, or because they cased and followed and tracked me down; not because the game led them to me.

I mean, I see the basic reason why its there; but its like they needed a pinch of pepper for their recipe, but went ahead and dumped in a whole bucket of road salt instead. They could've gone with a small screen hue or notice that says "Your enemy is nearby", and perhaps a power that shows you the general direction of your enemy for a short time.

And even made random objectives/contracts that occur, that would make tracking and searching more interesting. IE: Carry this item from A to B in X time; 150 points added for completion, 100 substracted for failure. NPCs wouldn't do these things, and it would add another layer to the game.

I think one of the best things that could happen for MP would be a couple of completely new game modes.

Showdown
4 Players
No Respawns
15 Minute Rounds
3 Rounds
No Compass
No items or special abilites
Guards are present
At the start of the game, every player is assigned a random, different target. When a target is elminated, each remaining player's targets are scrambled. This goes on until there is one player remaining. The player with the most points at the end of three rounds wins.

Assassination
8 Players, 4v4 teams
Offense vs. Defense
Guards Present
No compass
2 rounds
One player on the defense is the VIP. In order to win the round, the VIP must complete a certain number of objectives. The rest of the defensive team must keep him safe. The offense attempts to stop the defense. Most rounds won, or points gathered wins the game. No points for kills.

Paragon Fury
11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
is really annoying. All of the previews I read definitely did not tell the truth about the MP. Here I came expecting a stealthy, patient, stalk-prepare-kill-dissappear game, and what I got is Convictions without guns. Actually, scratch that; its worse than Convictions.

And what gets me even more is that is has all the foundations of a great MP, but some choices absolutely baffle me. Just like Convictions, its like Ubisoft saw how great the base of what they had was, were too afraid of putting it out there and having to beat it later on, so they piled a bunch of BS on it and called it "better".

Some are worse than others, but lets see here:

1: No guards - there isn't anything to discourage people from acting like a ***, since the only reprocussions are from their trackers, who if they don't have them in their LoS will never know their target is being a *******. If you're going to go on the roofs and run around like an idiot it should be only when absolutely nessacary, and you should have to deal with the guards and a big ruckus in order to get your way.

2: Too many people - there are too many people in the FFA matches. The team matches aren't so bad, but 8 people on the maps we have right now is too many. Its hard to keep the cover of "steath" and "disguise" when there are 5-6 idiots running around; its even harder to concentrate on a target when you know there are 5-6 idiots running around with almost no consequence who can interrupt your planned-out kill in mere seconds, making you wish that they were your target instead so you could stab them in the face for a reason.

3: THE @#$%^&*((%# COMPASS! - Of all the things, the compass ****es me off the most. I could tolerate MP if it weren't for this @#$%^*&(* thing. The hand-holding needs to stop; all you should get is a picture and thats it. Maybe a little "Your target is nearby" warning, but thats as far as it should go. I don't need the game to hold my god damn hand and point me to the enemy; I'm not blind and stupid. And I certainly don't need the game placing a giant @$#$%^&* "HERE I AM" sign on my back for my pursuers. If they find me, let it be because I slipped up, or because they cased and followed and tracked me down; not because the game led them to me.

I mean, I see the basic reason why its there; but its like they needed a pinch of pepper for their recipe, but went ahead and dumped in a whole bucket of road salt instead. They could've gone with a small screen hue or notice that says "Your enemy is nearby", and perhaps a power that shows you the general direction of your enemy for a short time.

And even made random objectives/contracts that occur, that would make tracking and searching more interesting. IE: Carry this item from A to B in X time; 150 points added for completion, 100 substracted for failure. NPCs wouldn't do these things, and it would add another layer to the game.

I think one of the best things that could happen for MP would be a couple of completely new game modes.

Showdown
4 Players
No Respawns
15 Minute Rounds
3 Rounds
No Compass
No items or special abilites
Guards are present
At the start of the game, every player is assigned a random, different target. When a target is elminated, each remaining player's targets are scrambled. This goes on until there is one player remaining. The player with the most points at the end of three rounds wins.

Assassination
8 Players, 4v4 teams
Offense vs. Defense
Guards Present
No compass
2 rounds
One player on the defense is the VIP. In order to win the round, the VIP must complete a certain number of objectives. The rest of the defensive team must keep him safe. The offense attempts to stop the defense. Most rounds won, or points gathered wins the game. No points for kills.

SirPhist
11-23-2010, 11:01 PM
concurrence with strong conviction

there should be guards

the maps are rather small for 6-8 players

the compass should be a 3 second ability itself

there shouldn't be a time limit in which to attempt to complete as many contracts as you can. instead, i think i've said this three times already, a certain score should be reached in order to win the match. the score being very high and virtually not obtainable by the constant conspicuous slashers.