PDA

View Full Version : Is cheating possible ?

norad_razor
01-07-2005, 08:56 PM
There have been some pretty heated debates and some accusations about this. The reason I'm asking is lately I've seen some things done in planes that defy every law of physics and flight physics.

#1. As an example a fellow squad mate has an enemy on his six. I pulled in behind the enemy plane, and litterally watched his plane move sideways at nearly 180deg angles while my squad mates plane flew perfectly straight. Everytime I pulled the trigger the engaging plane would shift. I don't see how this is just lag because it would have effected everyone's flight paths.

#2. I watched as rounds came off another enemy plane at weird angles to strike and opposing player's plane nearly .7k away. When I say weird angle it was like a 30+ deg shot ??????

#3. Watched opposing player's plane nearly come to a complete hault while in a vertical dive with no flaps exetended ! This was from pulling over the top at over 400kph.

In these three examples, and two players "opposing" had pings of high 300's or low 400's the rest were in the mid 100's. I didn't see any pings going spastic or jumping around they all looked very stable.

I'm really courious if any others have seen these things. I'm not going to name names or squads but it seems only certian squads and or members of squads are capable of such "super feats".
I'm not the only one to see this lately, so I know it isn't my pc or the pc of a few. even the hosts of servers have seen this.

Von_Zero
01-07-2005, 11:48 PM
#1 it is "lag" or better said "simulated lag"
there are programs that are producing intentional packet losses thus making the plane acting "strange" on other playes games. AFAIK if one person has such a packet loss, only his plane is acting like that. So if that guy was using such a prog, only he would be "warping" but since your mates were flying "fair" they would have no packet loss and thus they would not warp.
#2 i may be wrong about this, but you might have hit an armored place or something, thus you would see your rounds bouncing off and producing strange "tracers" (this can be usualy observed on an il2).
#3 like on #1. I've seen a LaGG3 once climbing vertically backwards, so....

Troll2k
01-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Packet manipulation has been around awhile.However there are a few settings on the server side to remedy this problem.It is up to the host to use these tools or not.

Tully__
01-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Please be aware that in this game the client side will take last known attitude and direction of travel for the enemy aicraft and combine it with last known direction of fire. In some cases this can result in some really weird looking stuff (I remember seeing a plane blow up 15 seconds after it was shot and the firey wreckage zoom across the sky to where the shooting took place) when there's some packet loss occuring. If the packet loss is on the target side, only the target will appear to be doing odd things.

LStarosta
01-08-2005, 09:28 AM
I've been known to use a wallhack once in a while. Aimbot, too, but those sort of take the fun out of the game.

Oh, Von_Zero, the LaGG was designed to do that, btw.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Da_Godfatha
01-08-2005, 09:50 AM
There is ALWAYS ways to cheat online. It makes no difference what game you play. In this game it is always "packet loss" or "lag". I myself have noticed a few VERY, VERY strange things online lately (since the 3.03 patch came out).

No one wants to admit that their favorite game has cheaters in it.

x__CRASH__x
01-08-2005, 10:48 AM
If you can't shoot them down there are several things you must realize are FACT:

1) Your substandard system can NOT be to blame.

2) Your substandard connection can NOT be to blame.

3) The streaming radio you like to listen to during flying on said connection can NOT be to blame.

4) The other guy has to be cheating, and not a victim of a server or connection glitch. There is no other explanation.

Now you know.

LStarosta
01-08-2005, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
If you can't shoot them down there are several things you must realize are FACT:

3) The streaming radio you like to listen to during flying on said connection can NOT be to blame.

4) The other guy has to be cheating, and not a victim of a server or connection glitch. There is no other explanation.

Now you know. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took the words out of my mouth.

norad_razor
01-08-2005, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:

I'm not looking to start something or see something get started only if there is "a possibility" of cheating and something that can be done to prevent it, if possible.

When we fly it is one member opening a temp server off his machine, we don't have a dedicated server.

NORAD_Zooly10
01-08-2005, 03:36 PM
------------------------------------------------
Troll2k

Packet manipulation has been around awhile.However there are a few settings on the server side to remedy this problem.It is up to the host to use these tools or not.
------------------------------------------------

would it be possible for you to enlighten me on the settings needed please?
~S~
Zooly

HelSqnProtos
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
I would love to hear this too. I know about nearmaxlag, farmaxlag, ect... but are there others?

LStarosta
01-08-2005, 07:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
I would love to hear this too. I know about nearmaxlag, farmaxlag, ect... but are there others? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah there's an auto aimer. That's why people are whining about the dots being bad because the Aimbot tracks moving objects, and if the aimbot cant notice the moving objects, then they can no longer cheat. Remember how Oleg talked about introducing anti-cheat measures in the new patches? Well the dots were one of them. Now all the cheaters want the old big ones back. Fact.

Wilburnator
01-08-2005, 08:51 PM
What would "dot" size matter to an aimbot? If it's still a dot (any version, big, small, whatever) isn't it out of weapon range anyway? If you're in shooting range of your opponent, you're not a dot to him anymore, he can see you, and you can see him.

LStarosta
01-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Point is that people use it to FIND enemies in the first place. They just suck that much. Think about it, if you boom and zoom, the aircraft becomes difficult to see against the ground, especially at low altitude. It wasn't always this way. Maybe if you turn and burn all the time, (like me), you don't have this issue, but there are some cowards who like to hit you and then go back up again so you can't catch them (yes, even in your La7, like me). Since we always T&B in a superior aircraft, we never worry about losing sight of our target. Not only are those boom and zoomers being cowards, they use cheats too. Unacceptable. Fact.

As for up close, this has been somewhat addressed in the 2.04 patch and more so in the 3.01 patch. The aimer has trouble locking on due to the fact that the location of an enemy is shuffled around a bit when someone is on their 6 o'clock. This effectively throws off the aimer, but also punishes non-cheating players.

I guess all priority should be given to eliminating these awful cheats. I don't mind the sacrifices because there is nothing worse than some cheater shooting me down. Because there's no f'in way that bastard is better than me. I'm flying an La7, after all, dammit!

AnaK774
01-08-2005, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
I would love to hear this too. I know about nearmaxlag, farmaxlag, ect... but are there others? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah there's an auto aimer. That's why people are whining about the dots being bad because the Aimbot tracks moving objects, and if the aimbot cant notice the moving objects, then they can no longer cheat. Remember how Oleg talked about introducing anti-cheat measures in the new patches? Well the dots were one of them. Now all the cheaters want the old big ones back. Fact. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Load of something brown and smelly

Prob with current dots is that not even HONEST player can find em low making B&Z very difficult.

As game doesnt model sunglare from metal/glass surfaces in way real eye would see em, considered those dots in 2.04 and 3.0 tolerable compromise

Seeing the enemy first is half of victory, now it turns all fights to competition who can fly lower to spot nme first if theres no icons.

LStarosta
01-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Actually, wet and fishy.

But all the same.

I see you are jealous of my perfect looks. I, like all aces, am ridiculously well groomed. Fact.

You, my friend, are the one who should take a look in the mirror. Here's a fun thing to do. Breathe on the mirror and then try to spell:

G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E

Then, smile, and carry on.

AnaK774
01-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Added that quote from forums as signature to remind myself that its not always the pooched game, cheater, etc when i get my rearside waxed online

but even paranoid ppl have enemies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

harryklein66
01-09-2005, 05:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by harryklein66:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
but there are some cowards who like to hit you and then go back up again so you can't catch them (yes, even in your La7, like me). Since we always T&B in a superior aircraft <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a coward B&Z,who fly 190 OL,and u must be realy <span class="ev_code_RED">BRAVE</span> to face us with your : <span class="ev_code_RED">"SUPERIOR ARCRAFT"</span>
...brave... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lav69
01-09-2005, 06:32 AM

Your are nieve. You guys are insane if you think this game is untouchable. What makes PF so special. That it is beyond hackable and that all the other games out there that have been hacked are made by losers. I too have seen some strange things and have been gaming long enough to know lag issues when i see them. And when I don't. I have discussed some of the things i have seen with other credible individuals that have seen some of the same strange happenings.

WTFK
01-09-2005, 07:21 AM
"Your are nieve. You guys are insane if you think this game is untouchable. What makes PF so special. That it is beyond hackable and that all the other games out there that have been hacked are made by losers"

I totally agree with this post.Why are u all so blind to see that "facto" that this game,like all others has several ways to cheat.No use to say:"Ok,gimme proofs,gimme adress so i can download those progs..."useless...i`ve seen it,tried it(just for experiment).Like when sturmovik first came out,remember those insane "sharpshooters"who blow u away from 1km.I own few puter myself and its easy to make LAN game and mess around with
those "cheats" like what was mentioned earlier
post ex.causing packet loss,just use Google folks... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
It makes me laugh when someone who claims to be an "expert" in these matters and says that u cant cheat.And i know, i know,lag is the worst enemy in this game(besides bad server settings and crappy `puters)Call me cynic but i really enjoy these post about cheating and how in hell its impossible to cheat in this game.After all,for me this game is just an game,i dont need any cheats to proof me i`m an"ace" `cause after
3years i spent with these `maddox sims i`m still
lousy pilot and prbly will allways stay that way.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif For me i can fly hour in full real server without a kill,but when i finally get that perfect kill im satisfied,unlike few pilots who seems to have somekind of "pointWho***g sickness".First time i really thinked that there is something wrong with this game was when FB first came out.There was an axis pilot who was superior pilot and shooter.I once looked and taped those flights he made in DF servers and one flight he really made me think.He spent 1.5 hrs in server and every plane he shot he used only one cannonround(bf109 30mm)Still...nobody cant fly 1.5 hrs shooting down 32 planes down using nothing but one round of 30mm......oh well he had he`s fun and i "saw the light" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Well aventually patch came up and i never saw that guy again shooting so accurately....(afterwards i found what trick he used and it worked......).Oh well,like to wish happy new year to everybody who enjoy this game,lets be careful out there....

PS.I did have trim on slider..long live
"King of slider" mr. "who was that
mr. unibrow" anyway.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

LStarosta
01-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Yup. People cheat all the time. You wanna know why? It's because you can't bring yourself to admit that there's someone better than you.

"Oh no, I was just looking around when I noticed a big blue arrow on my screen. I look back and there I see a Fw190 approaching me. He was doing MAD CRAZY #$@&, yo! I turn right in my La7 as hard as I can, and you know what this guy does? He FIRES! Can you BELIEVE that?! I was instantly going perpendicular to him and he set my engine on fire!!! Don't tell me I was seeing things cuz I saw him on externals! IF THAT SHOT WASN'T CHEATING THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!!!"

Please...

I've seen so many games ruined by paranoid tossers who blame every one of their deaths on a cheat, and I don't want IL2 to become one of those games.

As for warping, etc. that is indeed nothing more than lag. Sorry, we don't live in a perfect world. If you'd like to donate a brand new rig to me and the countless other simmers with subpar equipment as well as new servers for hosts, then maybe you could have yourself a "cheat-free" playing environment.

I have been a regular in many game hacking communities for the sole purpose of keeping on top of things. And other than speed hacks which have been addressed by Mr. Maddox, there are really no cheats for IL2. Everyone's busy making wallhacks and aimbots for CoD or some other stupid arcade game.

Paranoid? Go ahead and slander me for being a cheater, if it makes you feel better about yourself and your subpar skills.

KGr.HH-Sunburst
01-09-2005, 08:37 AM
and there is printscreen........... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LStarosta
01-09-2005, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KGr.HH-Sunburst:
and there is printscreen........... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shhhhh... keep it on the DL. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

WTFK
01-09-2005, 12:01 PM
"I have been a regular in many game hacking communities for the sole purpose of keeping on top of things. And other than speed hacks which have been addressed by Mr. Maddox, there are really no cheats for IL2. Everyone's busy making wallhacks and aimbots for CoD or some other stupid arcade game."
U certainly know as i do that nobodys talking `bout bringing up console and adding lines like "invincibility" or "warp-speed 9 mr.zulu","unlimited ammo" or nothing of those hacks.I just wanted to say that there are certain possibilities to exploit this game.period.As i said in my opinion most of so called "hacking" is normal lag or packet loss.When i personally started palying this game during original IL-2 sturmovik i used cable-modem but i switched to ADSL pretty soon when i realized the benefits of stable network conn.Personally i like to see more conversation
about tweaking the actual network connections,i had great help from friend of mine who`working in firm that provides ADSL.conns.every tech-talk is only tweaking game`s network settings ,not the actual network on u`r comp.I put one link just if someones interested of getting better gaming throw knowing what actually happens when data is transferred in net.peace. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/index.html

WTFK
01-09-2005, 12:17 PM
And one more thing...u said
"Paranoid? Go ahead and slander me for being a cheater, if it makes you feel better about yourself and your subpar skills."...ROFL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Another real "Ace" go and figure...but dont flame
others who might not be good as u.peace bro. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

See u in virtual skyes.

JG5_UnKle
01-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Wireframes and speedhacks are about it IMHO.

Fly with peole you trust or join a squad if you are really worried about it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

WTFK
01-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Medication is not the answer to schizophrenia. It can dilute the meaning of your life. Medication is easier than true understanding.
planning to use these comments to inspire hope in me with my psychosis. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

LStarosta
01-09-2005, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTFK:
And one more thing...u said
"Paranoid? Go ahead and slander me for being a cheater, if it makes you feel better about yourself and your subpar skills."...ROFL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Another real "Ace" go and figure...but dont flame
others who might not be good as u.peace bro. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

See u in virtual skyes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you are jealous of my skills, but that doesn't mean you should whine about it.

Also, as I mentioned, "Hacking" a game is not considered typing in something in the console. Most often, it involves seperate 3rd party applications running in the background, and file alteration. Such things often include openGL hacks etc. But I shall not go into further detail, for your, mine, and the general public's health.

I'm sure you are a very intelligent individual, WTFK, and I'm sure you speak of the aforementioned medications from experience; you are, indeed, a wise person (I was prescribed Ritalin in my youth for misdiagnosed ADHD. It was actually my Ace potential in grade school. Fact.), but I advise you to read my posts again and interpret them without your witty bias.

The universal truth is that people blame their lack of success, r0xx0rzn3ss, and ridiculously awesome grooming, not on their lack of skill, but instead on "cheats" and "hacks". It is far easier to blame your failure on something else rather than face the fact that someone is better than you, but you already know that due to your psychiatric background. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

And please, refrain from Ace hating on me in the future.

I, like all aces, can only take so much Ace hating before I start busting caps up in hurr. Fact.

WTFK
01-09-2005, 02:52 PM
My god...
U missed the whole point,u started flaming,not me,and one thing i know im not certainly jellous in anyway of you`r good f(lying) skills whatsoever.the thread was about can u cheat in this game and the answer is yes.as i said there is NO cheats IN this game but if someone wishes to use "exploits" or "cheats" which are accessible via another programs or in my case when i tried certain things i used Linux machine between my gaming machines.So stop bulling me.The question was "can u cheat in this game" and answer is still yes you can.Next time someone stucks mk.108 shell in ur behind it`s prbly me....

"so many a‚¬§‚¬§‚¬§oles and so few bullets"

LStarosta
01-09-2005, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTFK:
My god...
U missed the whole point,u started flaming,not me,and one thing i know im not certainly jellous in anyway of you`r good f(lying) skills whatsoever.the thread was about can u cheat in this game and the answer is yes.as i said there is NO cheats IN this game but if someone wishes to use "exploits" or "cheats" which are accessible via another programs or in my case when i tried certain things i used Linux machine between my gaming machines.So stop bulling me.The question was "can u cheat in this game" and answer is still yes you can.Next time someone stucks mk.108 shell in ur behind it`s prbly me....

"so many a‚¬§‚¬§‚¬§oles and so few bullets" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strong words, albeit presented with great artistic license, coming from someone with 9 posts.

I was praising your intelligence and wisdom, and you continue to Ace hate on me. That's not cool at all. We agree that you can cheat in IL2, but the Fact. is, you can in nearly ANYTHING in life. Jeeze, me going on HL while downloading a dirty movie off the Net constitutes cheating in IL2 because you're lagging worse than Jimmy through the 12 Days of Christmas, for crying out loud.

Since you're a newb on the forums, allow me to so kindly give you a tip:

If you continue with this uptight attitude on these not so uptight forums, many people probably won't like you. Learn to take things with a grain of salt, instead of complaining that Oleg didn't give you enough bullets, or whatever.

When you pull that piece of coal that's been up yer butt for 2 weeks, can I have it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I, like all aces, do not take things personally. Fact.

"r0000xxxx000rrrrzzzz"
-The Elegant Words of Prefontaine

KGr.HH-Sunburst
01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
LStarosta you judged someone by post count ,wich indicates you are not an ACE.fact.

a real ACE would reply in kindness and does not judge untill a 1on1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
you clearly didnt read the so called "i wanna be a forum wannabe ACE" handbook written by RBJ himself
another fact.

LStarosta
01-09-2005, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KGr.HH-Sunburst:
LStarosta you judged someone by post count ,wich indicates you are not an ACE.fact.

a real ACE would reply in kindness and does not judge untill a 1on1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
you clearly didnt read the so called "i wanna be a forum wannabe ACE" handbook written by RBJ himself
another fact. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, my point was not to humiliate him. I noticed he was new (both by his post count and his demeanor), and I wanted to offer him words of advice so he may blossom to be a fruit of knowledge bearing post *****, ready to dispense satirical remarks, and nonsense comments readily percieved by gullible people as fact, just like me. Fact.

Sunburst, I appreciate your efforts in trying to keep tabs on people's Acehood. As you probably suspected, I am, indeed, a real Ace, a rare group of people who display pure r0xx0rity in both the virtual and the real skies. Prefontaine, AKA JG7_Rall, is one of the best Aces I know. He took his Cessna 170 and totally did a flyby over an abandoned airfield in formation with another Ace with which he then proceeded into a hammerhead. When confronted by the owner of the not-so-abandoned field, he simply stated, "r0xx0rZ LOLOLOL!" and flew back home for some Ace sleep. The owner of the field was so deeply enlightened both spiritually, and by Pre's landing lights shining in his face after a few more flyby's, that he, to this day, knows the true values of an Ace. This story is one of many which serves as a reminder that Aces are rare, but when one sees one in person, he's really cool and r0xx0rz. Fact.

I, like real aces, enjoy the occassions when people take sarcastic and purposefully bull shat comments seriously, to the point where their knickers are in such a twist, that it is cutting circulation to their legs. Fact.

WTFK
01-10-2005, 04:11 AM
Does it really makes u an "real ace" just because
u got pilot licence to fly some s(hitty) cessnas?
C`m√¬∂n dude ...u`r so full of u`r self.
I really miss mr."unibrow" `cause he was guy who know what he was talking about,and he never,never
judged another player(yes,this is a freakin GAME)
but instead helped many of us.And yes,u can have the "coal thingie"...afterall diamonds are GIRLS
best friend.

thisisjustangamethisisjustangamethisisjustangame
thisisjustangame..................... :hamme

LStarosta
01-10-2005, 04:29 AM
LOL Buddy, you are a RIOT!

You think I am being serious? Jesus, I'm having myself a ball here 'cause any time I say something you just make a bigger idiot of yourself. Even though I have NOT ONCE judged you, you are making it all too difficult with your half arsed comments. Relax, kid, I have been nothing but laid back towards you, and you REALLY go off the scale ranting about how much of a girly man I am because I fly Cessnas and wouldn't mind to cash in a nice diamond.

I'm being serious when I said (and say) read my posts again without feeling all p1ssed at me, and you will notice that surely I jest through every single one of them. It's really sad that I have to interrupt my facade like this, because I was really having fun. Unfortunately, some people don't have a sense of humor.

Well, I'm off to be an Ace again today. After all, I am a real Ace.

Have a pleasant day, and I mean it. You REALLY need to learn to relax.

I, like all aces, started my Acehood Career flying Cessnas and Piper Cherokee's. Fact.

JG7_Rall
01-10-2005, 02:40 PM

another fact. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, my point was not to humiliate him. I noticed he was new (both by his post count and his demeanor), and I wanted to offer him words of advice so he may blossom to be a fruit of knowledge bearing post *****, ready to dispense satirical remarks, and nonsense comments readily percieved by gullible people as fact, just like me. Fact.

Sunburst, I appreciate your efforts in trying to keep tabs on people's Acehood. As you probably suspected, I am, indeed, a real Ace, a rare group of people who display pure r0xx0rity in both the virtual and the real skies. Prefontaine, AKA JG7_Rall, is one of the best Aces I know. He took his Cessna 170 and totally did a flyby over an abandoned airfield in formation with another Ace with which he then proceeded into a hammerhead. When confronted by the owner of the not-so-abandoned field, he simply stated, "r0xx0rZ LOLOLOL!" and flew back home for some Ace sleep. The owner of the field was so deeply enlightened both spiritually, and by Pre's landing lights shining in his face after a few more flyby's, that he, to this day, knows the true values of an Ace. This story is one of many which serves as a reminder that Aces are rare, but when one sees one in person, he's really cool and r0xx0rz. Fact.

I, like real aces, enjoy the occassions when people take sarcastic and purposefully bull shat comments seriously, to the point where their knickers are in such a twist, that it is cutting circulation to their legs. Fact. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO!

Minus my reply and to the field manager, its all true!

SlickStick
01-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Wow, this thread got ugly fast, eh? Much to the delight of the topic starter, I imagine. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Cheating in FB/AEP/PF?!?! Let me count the ways....let's start with a few basic ones:

1. Print Screen - Once every ten seconds in game, unlimited using third-party S/W. Causes big lags, especially if many pilots on the screen and the cheater in question is pounding the key like a triphammer.

2. Speed Gear - A nifty little program that can speed-up or slow down your Operating System clock, giving you time compression online and can be tied to a hot key for instant on/off use.

Game code has settings to detect the use of this program via MAX LAG and Speed Check settings in conf.ini file when creating a server and the use of this program is easily spotted once you know what to look for.

Hosts must understand and use these settings to limit cheating in their servers.

The really shrewd ones don't go faster, they go slower. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

3. AEP V2.04 - One can be invincible using the planes added per patch V2.01, if they patch to V2.04 without applying patch V2.01 first. This was supposedly fixed, but is still possible with current AEP V2.04, as I've seen it a few times over the past month or so.

The plane in question will take every shot you can hit it with, show every aspect of the visible 3D damage modeling and just keep on flying. If they crash, the server does not recognize that they have even been hit.

The cheater in question can also be invisible to other players, but I have yet to see them cause damage in this state, although it may be possible.

I have to check back through my notebook for specific details on some of the others, so as not to cloud the issue.

More to follow.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

BaldieJr
01-10-2005, 07:31 PM
The Whos Who Thread.

HelSqnProtos
01-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Fantastic SlickStick that is the stuff I was looking for, I plan to use really tight anticheat on our Sqn's Dedicated Server. We will also have a ping cap of 300ms. Do you have any particular settings you would recommend to Admins?

SlickStick
01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
From the conf.ini file:

[NET]
speed=5000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=11
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=0
serverName=No Name
serverDescription=
remoteHost=
localHost=
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1
checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.03
checkTimeSpeedInterval=3

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=2.0
nearMaxLagTime=1.0
cheaterWarningDelay=5.0
cheaterWarningNum=3

MAX LAG detects packet loss and speed check is used to check client speed vs host speed. I have cable and like to run a tight server. It keeps the cheaters at bay and boots crappy, packet-losing connections. I also set-up my connection for 56K in the setup menu and usually run 10 players with minimal problems.

The MAX LAG times are in seconds. The Warning Num is the number of cheat warnings before a player is autokicked. Don't forget the decimal points. The speed differense is a percentage and the interval is in seconds. The main thing is to experiment and find the balance of settings that limit cheating, but can let good dial-up connections stay in the server without too much trouble.

Also, find the netmessages.properties file in the i18n folder of your main game folder. Open it with Notepad or similar text editor and find these three lines:

user_cheating1 Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating2 Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating3 Cheating has been detected!

Add a {0} in front of each of the entries like this:

user_cheating1 {0} Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating2 {0} Cheating has been detected!
user_cheating3 {0} Cheating has been detected!

You can also edit the "Cheating has been detected!" text to whatever you like, as you can edit all the lines to have them say what you want to see, as long as you keep the {0} and {1} descriptors correct.

Save and close the file and now whenever someone sets off the cheat message, you'll see their handle in the chat. This only works locally on your PC, even if hosting. Everyone who wants to also see the name of the pilot setting off the message must modify the file the same way.

HelSqnProtos
01-10-2005, 10:05 PM
S~!

Thank you Sir. I am copying and pasting this into a word doc. Well done!!

VK_Dim
01-11-2005, 03:02 AM
I've noticed a couple of times somethin weird that could be a cheat. i find myself in a sudden death, no hits, no nothin, just like a sniper bullet-black screen-dead. Happened to me a few times no matter in the air or ground, bam, next thing i know PILOT DEAD, no planes near, anything. Just seems to me like a guided auto-aim cheat.
Could be somethin else that i am not aware also, but seems like a cheat. Some fellas on the server experienced it also.

-HH-Quazi
01-11-2005, 05:24 AM
You two m8's that are going at it. Don't stop now. This is the best read that has been around here in quite a while. Civilized bashing. Good enetertainment and clean enough to keep the thread unlocked.

In my experience and time flying online, at least two hours a day, 7 days a week, for the last two years, I have seen some crazy brown stuff. It can be attributed to allot of other brown stuff mentioned here. But cheating? I mean all out cheating hacks? No way without the code. And the code is locked up and has been that way since the beginning with the original. You know how I know this? Cause Oleg told me. He told us. He has said it many many times. And if all you have to support any claims to being able to truly cheat, as in CFS series cheats (real cheats), is what we all see from time to time while online, you don't have nothing. Everything is atributable to lag, ping, packet loss, and every thing else that playing online opens the door to. What is called cheats in this sim is fixed by the hosts tightening up the settings to their servers. That's it. No real cheats in IL2/FB/AEP/PF. Some just can't get over this fact. There was once something called a speed hack. A change in server settings fixed that. It never was a hack. Just a unique way to induce lag. No hack. This has been the only "cheat" I have ever heard of in this sim, and you really can't call it a cheat. If there were really cheats, we would have heard of many more by now. So if you get your rear end shot out from under you, you got beat. Plain and simple. No magic planes or super duper laser guided bullets. Just plain, "you got smoked".

LStarosta
01-11-2005, 06:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
You two m8's that are going at it. Don't stop now. This is the best read that has been around here in quite a while. Civilized bashing. Good enetertainment and clean enough to keep the thread unlocked.

In my experience and time flying online, at least two hours a day, 7 days a week, for the last two years, I have seen some crazy brown stuff. It can be attributed to allot of other brown stuff mentioned here. But cheating? I mean all out cheating hacks? No way without the code. And the code is locked up and has been that way since the beginning with the original. You know how I know this? Cause Oleg told me. He told us. He has said it many many times. And if all you have to support any claims to being able to truly cheat, as in CFS series cheats (real cheats), is what we all see from time to time while online, you don't have nothing. Everything is atributable to lag, ping, packet loss, and every thing else that playing online opens the door to. What is called cheats in this sim is fixed by the hosts tightening up the settings to their servers. That's it. No real cheats in IL2/FB/AEP/PF. Some just can't get over this fact. There was once something called a speed hack. A change in server settings fixed that. It never was a hack. Just a unique way to induce lag. No hack. This has been the only "cheat" I have ever heard of in this sim, and you really can't call it a cheat. If there were really cheats, we would have heard of many more by now. So if you get your rear end shot out from under you, you got beat. Plain and simple. No magic planes or super duper laser guided bullets. Just plain, "you got smoked". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to explain the same thing you just said, but someone took it the wrong way. Not being able to pass up an opportunity, I went on with it to see how far I could go. Unfortunately, due to some lack of comprehension, this had adverse effects.

As for VK_Dim, NO, there's NO AUTO AIM BOT. Sheeeesh.

The only way I suppose you COULD cheat is by using openGL hacks. This has been done in MANY a First Person Shooter whose source code had not been released to the public. Anyone care to comment on the possibilities of someone creating an OpenGL hack for IL2? Please keep in mind that I'm not advocating this, I just want people to share their thoughts on the consequences of something like this being made.

I, like all aces, find the countless people yelling "ha><0rZ111!" after being shot down to be the final step to turning IL2 into Air-Quake. Fact.

SlickStick
01-11-2005, 06:48 AM
Although, I also agree that there are no plane FM or DM hacks, aimbots or other code hacking, rest assured that the things that can be done, do influence the outcome of many online competitions.

"Wireframe" in Full Real, Speed Gear and packet manipulation is very prevalent in this game. Granted the packet stuff and speed gear can be very limited by server settings, but wireframe is local to one's PC and unstoppable.

JG5_UnKle
01-11-2005, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:
Although, I also agree that there are no plane FM or DM hacks, aimbots or other code hacking, rest assured that the things that can be done, do influence the outcome of many online competitions.

"Wireframe" in Full Real, Speed Gear and packet manipulation is very prevalent in this game. Granted the packet stuff and speed gear can be very limited by server settings, but wireframe is local to one's PC and unstoppable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said on page one - I totally agree. Wire frames especially; there is nothing (that I know of) that oleg can do about that sort of thing.

One of the bonuses to having the "closed" FM/DM system we have is it makes it nigh-on impossible to manipulate the code. It does mean that community driven add-ons are not possible either though.

Personally I don't think I have ever definately seen cheating not where I could be sure it wasn't lag or something similar.

Then again I fly with my squad and we usually fly against other squads which we have generally flown with before.

Cheating is so unbelievably lame anyway, and cheating in a flight sim, oh lordy. Somne people just don't get that it can be more fun to learn how to do it properly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SlickStick
01-11-2005, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG5_UnKle:
Cheating is so unbelievably lame anyway, and cheating in a flight sim, oh lordy. Somne people just don't get that it can be more fun to learn how to do it properly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said, UnKle.

HelSqnProtos
01-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Gentlemen can we get a description of the causes and effects of Wireframe? I have heard ofspeed hacks and understand how they could affect play. What is wireframe and how would a cheater use it to his advantage?

Mulleteer
01-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I think they mean OpenGL driver hack that eliminates the texture drawing on selected elements. So it's like you would be 'cockpit always on'-option disabled server flying in a glass-cockpit.

nickdanger3
01-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Wow - that's lame. You join a cockpit on server so you can fly cockpit off...sheesh

LStarosta
01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
I get disoriented with cockpit off.

norad_razor
01-12-2005, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlickStick:
Wow, this thread got ugly fast, eh? Much to the delight of the topic starter, I imagine. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I about gave up on the topic, and wasn't interested in people having a go at each other.

I do thank you though for your information, as THAT is what I was looking for or hoping to see. Not this other **** which has no value at all. In all honesty I would have been satisfied if the question has been answered either way.

I was hopeing Ivan would have stepped in and put some valuable input also.

To answer or reply to an earlier comment, I do belong to an honest squad, and fly with two other squads that also have the same beliefs as we do. There is just no reason for cheats "if possible" anyways. In my eyes they are as low as a pedafile !

SlickStick
01-12-2005, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by norad_razor:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I about gave up on the topic, and wasn't interested in people having a go at each other.

I do thank you though for your information, as THAT is what I was looking for or hoping to see. Not this other **** which has no value at all. In all honesty I would have been satisfied if the question has been answered either way.

I was hopeing Ivan would have stepped in and put some valuable input also.

To answer or reply to an earlier comment, I do belong to an honest squad, and fly with two other squads that also have the same beliefs as we do. There is just no reason for cheats "if possible" anyways. In my eyes they are as low as a pedafile ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to hear, norad_razor. Welcome to the "He-Man Warper Haters Club". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I wrote that first line because one of the signs of a troll post is the starter disappears from the "hot topic" thread right after starting it and just sits back to watch the sparks fly.

Thanks for clarifying your position and please accept my apology for jumping to conclusions about the thread's intent. I hope you found something of value in it that you can use in the future on your servers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Rakugi
01-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Salutations,

Knowledge of human nature is important. If there IS a way to cheat, there will be those that will do it.

They are losers. They can't win fairly.

They are insecure. They think their cheating the "system" and others, shows how clever they are.

I personally don't want to deal with such online losers. That is why I fly with mature people that I can trust.

I fly for the Opposition Force OBFOR(the Japanese)in my squad. We fly against fellow squad mates that fly for the Marines in the Pacific theatre.

I may win, I may get shot down... but I KNOW I won't be cheated on.

www.rakugi.com (http://www.rakugi.com)

Join a unit like ours. Stop worrying about cheaters or possible cheaters.

norad_razor
01-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Thank you SlickStick and I fully also understand not only your position and reasoning but all those that have participated in a viable way.

I really enjoy this game. Getting shot down or doing the shooting. I purpose built this pc just for this game.

Sometimes I do get frustrated and I know there are WAY better pilots out there than me, and I've flown against some very very very good ones.

Hopefully in a future patch the guys who write them will figure a way to bounce those with constant packet losses ways to block those who feel a need to manipulate the way the game is played.

~S~