PDA

View Full Version : No rearming for buddies.

Semi-on
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi! It's a nice feature in Ultrapack 2.0 that there is a possibility to land and rearm during a coop mission (Buttons Tab-8-8-2). What is annoying is that there seems to be a bug when I am able to rearm as a host but my buddies who join me online cannot rearm. A message appears, something like "Unable to comply. Check chocks and\or position". What is wrong?
Thx

Semi-on
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi! It's a nice feature in Ultrapack 2.0 that there is a possibility to land and rearm during a coop mission (Buttons Tab-8-8-2). What is annoying is that there seems to be a bug when I am able to rearm as a host but my buddies who join me online cannot rearm. A message appears, something like "Unable to comply. Check chocks and\or position". What is wrong?
Thx

FoolTrottel
04-21-2010, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You asking that question over here.

Go ask at the place you got that mod from...

Boosher
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Something tells me they don't have their chocks set. It's a key you have to assign yourself.

Semi-on
04-21-2010, 08:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boosher:
Something tells me they don't have their chocks set. It's a key you have to assign yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. Their chokes are fine. Actually I can rearm with or without choks as long as AC doesn't move. They can't in any way.

Zeus-cat
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Come on guys, you have been told nicely once. You can't discuss mods here.

M_Gunz
04-21-2010, 10:43 PM
max looks out the door at the hot, dusty street, hears the harmonica music and decides....

IBTL!

Sillius_Sodus
04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Sorry partner, I'm IBTL! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

general_kalle
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
IBTL too... a bit childish sayin that aint it?...sorry

also I thought the update on the forum policiy meant that you were allowed to discuss, or has that changed since bearcat resigned?

na85
04-22-2010, 01:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Members are permitted to discuss in game modifications (mods) for the IL2/ Maddox series on these boards with exception to the following:

Members cannot post direct link to the mods or sites which promote them

Members cannot post requesting advice/ guidance/ instruction on how to use/ implement these mods

Members cannot discuss mods that alter flight, damage or weapons models unless it is within the capacity of warning the community of their existence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Discussion is ok. What they don't want is this board turning into a mod support forum.

RAF_OldBuzzard
04-22-2010, 04:05 AM
What's interesting, is that when the 4.10 update is released, the OP's question will be OK, since the "evil mod" he is asking about will be in it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

AndyJWest
04-22-2010, 05:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAF_OldBuzzard:
What's interesting, is that when the 4.10 update is released, the OP's question will be OK, since the "evil mod" he is asking about will be in it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A valid point, except that the 'mods are evil' viewpoint isn't really supported by anyone much any more. There are shades of opinion about how good/necessary they are, but that is a different matter. As na85 possibly implies, the prime reason for not answering questions about mods on this forum has got to be that we often don't have access to the answers, except by reference to the original source of mods. Not only is supplying second-hand support information bad practice, it also prevents the source forum from getting feedback about problems.

There may possibly also be legal considerations involved in a Ubisoft-funded site providing support for unapproved mods, but even if this isn't the case, I'd still argue that encouraging people to ask for mod support here isn't in anyone's long-term interest.

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Well said Andy. As for 4.10, when that is out we will of course support it and whatever features are in it, but it is not out yet.