PDA

View Full Version : Stealth_chill's quick review: Saints Row 2

Stealth_chill
10-28-2008, 09:31 PM
for every game i play im going try to make a quick review of the game so you know if you should get it or not

Saints Row 2

Overview
The GTA4 clone is back in action baby! Well thats what you may think, but ill get to that later. Saints Row 2 starts of were you left off basically. You bust out of prision and you go and recollect your fellow saints (your gang). If you havent realized yet noobies, yes this is a game about creating a gang!Gameplay

Gameplay

Like i was saying earlier, this is not a GTA4 clone, i repeat NOT A GTA4 clone. I dont even see saints row in that perspective. Saints row is fun. bottom line. The story is what really sinks you in. From trying to destroy the other faction gangs, to customizing everything! BAsically everything in this game is customizable! Your character, your cars, your cribs, your gangs clothes, your gangs cars, your fighting styles, your gang signs, your gangs tag, and more. Most of the fun is just tricking out your character.

Cons
I think the shooting could have been better. I mean i wish they would have added mre things to it atleast. You don't know how many times i wanted to pull a max payne and dive and shoot. or put my back to walls and shoot from cover

Also, the helicopters suck! AGHHHH! I HATE THEM! Well actually i love them cause they get you places so much quicker, but if you ever want to land one of them........good luck. You will probobly flip the damn thing.

My biggest pet-peeve is that you need to build your "rep" before you go on with some missions. By rep i mean pointless missions like racing, police officer impersanation, and other things. sure some of them are fun, but i rather progress through the story

Co-op

the co-op in this game is what is really iffy in this game. Sure it is very fun to play with your friends, but often you need to wait for your friend to build his rep up in your game just so he could help you in a mission you could have already completed. Also, while in co-op you are only helping your friend out. You cant do your own missions while in another persons game. So i reccomend playing solo

Awesomeness
Oh yeah man! This game is just damn fun. In the game you can buy several cribs (houses) and in them you store all your cash, cars, weapons, and strippers. Yeah, the bigger crib you get, the more saints hang in it. You can customize a Tv, poles anything inside it.

The story itself is also very fun. It keeps me playing which is very sexy.

Also, i love the fact that if you pick up a gun and bring it back to your crib. No matter what that gub can be stored there even if you drop the gun.

Graphics: 8 (looks good)
Gameplay: 8 ( Story is sweet, but should have added more to gunfire)
sound: 6 ( I havent unlocked all the music in the game, but so far the music selection is just ok)
Controls: 9

Overall: 8(Pretty Damn Good)

This is a pretty damn good game. It deserves a rent, and is damn close to being a GTA killer. Hell, i think i might like it more than GTA4!

Scale
1= impossible
2= Garbage
3= horrible
4= just bad
5= acceptable
6= Alright
7= Average
8= Pretty Good
9= Damn Good
10 Chill Aproval MUST BUY!

Stealth_chill
10-28-2008, 09:31 PM
for every game i play im going try to make a quick review of the game so you know if you should get it or not

Saints Row 2

Overview
The GTA4 clone is back in action baby! Well thats what you may think, but ill get to that later. Saints Row 2 starts of were you left off basically. You bust out of prision and you go and recollect your fellow saints (your gang). If you havent realized yet noobies, yes this is a game about creating a gang!Gameplay

Gameplay

Like i was saying earlier, this is not a GTA4 clone, i repeat NOT A GTA4 clone. I dont even see saints row in that perspective. Saints row is fun. bottom line. The story is what really sinks you in. From trying to destroy the other faction gangs, to customizing everything! BAsically everything in this game is customizable! Your character, your cars, your cribs, your gangs clothes, your gangs cars, your fighting styles, your gang signs, your gangs tag, and more. Most of the fun is just tricking out your character.

Cons
I think the shooting could have been better. I mean i wish they would have added mre things to it atleast. You don't know how many times i wanted to pull a max payne and dive and shoot. or put my back to walls and shoot from cover

Also, the helicopters suck! AGHHHH! I HATE THEM! Well actually i love them cause they get you places so much quicker, but if you ever want to land one of them........good luck. You will probobly flip the damn thing.

My biggest pet-peeve is that you need to build your "rep" before you go on with some missions. By rep i mean pointless missions like racing, police officer impersanation, and other things. sure some of them are fun, but i rather progress through the story

Co-op

the co-op in this game is what is really iffy in this game. Sure it is very fun to play with your friends, but often you need to wait for your friend to build his rep up in your game just so he could help you in a mission you could have already completed. Also, while in co-op you are only helping your friend out. You cant do your own missions while in another persons game. So i reccomend playing solo

Awesomeness
Oh yeah man! This game is just damn fun. In the game you can buy several cribs (houses) and in them you store all your cash, cars, weapons, and strippers. Yeah, the bigger crib you get, the more saints hang in it. You can customize a Tv, poles anything inside it.

The story itself is also very fun. It keeps me playing which is very sexy.

Also, i love the fact that if you pick up a gun and bring it back to your crib. No matter what that gub can be stored there even if you drop the gun.

Graphics: 8 (looks good)
Gameplay: 8 ( Story is sweet, but should have added more to gunfire)
sound: 6 ( I havent unlocked all the music in the game, but so far the music selection is just ok)
Controls: 9

Overall: 8(Pretty Damn Good)

This is a pretty damn good game. It deserves a rent, and is damn close to being a GTA killer. Hell, i think i might like it more than GTA4!

Scale
1= impossible
2= Garbage
3= horrible
4= just bad
5= acceptable
6= Alright
7= Average
8= Pretty Good
9= Damn Good
10 Chill Aproval MUST BUY!

MadamTampini
10-28-2008, 11:11 PM
I saw this game when I got Fable II and almost purchased it... But I hadn't played Saints Row 1 so I didn't.

Hayden_v
10-29-2008, 01:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stealth_chill:
You bust out of prision and you go and recollect your fellow saints (your gang). If you havent realized yet noobies, yes this is a game about creating a gang! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ME b H4RDc0R3 GANGST4r!? Fo' real?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Stealth_chill
10-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I should have also added that you absolutely don't need to play saints row 1 to play this game! There are some things from saints row 1 in the game but it wont leave you EDIT stumped

EDIT: no matter how subtle bypassing the language filter isnt permitted.

GrImReApEr192
10-29-2008, 11:37 AM
It really bothers me that they kept the rep thing in Saints Row 2,it was terrible and an annoyance in saints row 1 and they had to bring it back! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

MKCC14
10-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Take the rep thing as they dont want you to miss out on the other fun activities in the game other than the story. Anyways, this game was just to wrap up SR1 story basically. Oh, and SR3 is already being worked on.