PDA

View Full Version : MP, will it suck more than DA

Filipe2004
05-25-2007, 07:13 AM
I´m just asking if the SCC MP sucks mora than DA, will you play MP of DA?

Darkeye321
05-25-2007, 07:40 AM
SCDA mp didnt suck...it was more balanced than any other SC mp and i will be happy if Conviction has similar MP to DA.....and it better not lag....Ubi fixed DA too late and coz of that no one plays DA mp anymore...probably the best MP ever....sadly it was laggy and i hope Conviction aint laggy

scope2005
05-25-2007, 07:41 AM
I think the question should be - 'Will there be multiplayer for SCC?'

My answer: Multiplayer in the form of SvM - No.

SCDA's multiplayer blowed to be truely honest. By over simplifying the game to allow easier access to casual gamers, they ruined the experience for the old time veterans so it wasnt too popular, they wont be repeating it probably.

It would be more likely to expect a 'MGS3:Subsistence' esque 'Sam vs Guards' gametype, but I dont see how that would work too well really, And would probably just be competitive CQC rather than stealth.

My suggestion is you click the link in my Sig.

Filipe2004
05-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Darkeye321:
SCDA mp didnt suck...it was more balanced than any other SC mp and i will be happy if Conviction has similar MP to DA.....and it better not lag....Ubi fixed DA too late and coz of that no one plays DA mp anymore...probably the best MP ever....sadly it was laggy and i hope Conviction aint laggy
not saying is bad, never played it, maybe in the next days i will play in PS3, i like the vids afterall

An0nym0us.01
05-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Even though we haven't seen anything on the multiplayer yet, I have a feeling it will be awesome. Idk why, I just get that feeling. Montreal is in charge and they'll fix what Shanghai screwed up, they did the first time.

scope2005
05-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by An0nym0us.01:
Even though we haven't seen anything on the multiplayer yet, I have a feeling it will be awesome. Idk why, I just get that feeling. Montreal is in charge and they'll fix what Shanghai screwed up, they did the first time.

Neither Montreal or Shanghai had anything to do with the multiplayer portion of the game, multiplayer is the pure responsibility of Ubisoft Annecy based in france, No announcemets yet - but I wouldnt hold your breath. They either have no plans for SvM or they are keeping very tight lipped.

DrCactus
05-25-2007, 11:24 AM
They can go two ways. Classic SvM or This conviction crowd stuff.

They can't go wrong with good ol' SvM as it's already proven to be great and fun. The sucky part is that, like Ubi addressed, experience players can destroy new comers. Sadly with DA the poorly implemented the changes and direction. They do it right, SvM can become once again the coolest multiplayer game. Though it may have some tough competition against Team Fortress, ya that looks tight.

On the other hand they could go the Conviction route where somehow they implement the crowd. I don't see why or how this would work, because the crowd is on a certain path and unless the crowd is crazy smart. They will always be doing the samething when the level is played. Also their clothing would have to match opposing players. Unlike AI, humans are able to spot obvious give aways. For instance, if the AI is as smart as it was in DA, or CT, i can hide in a semi lighted area and not be seen at all with a guard in front of my face. That's not gonna happen in MP. They'll know. So i think pulling off this crowd nonesense is pretty limited.

I'd also like to add that like almost all MP games, the gameplay will evolve and could "not be played as intended". Something I wouldn't be surprised at.

The only reason I bought this series was for it's incredible MP. Though the single player story is apparently good, I can't stand the limitations of AI. So predictable and horrible it's not even funny.

I'll be keeping a close watch on Conviction's MP. My predictions of DA's gameplay style was bang on when I first heard details. I'm certain I can hit this one too.

Good luck UBI. You have a lot to do to impress.

XBfreak_101
05-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Darkeye321:

No actually it was not balanced at all. Spies were too weak and could ony carry one gadget. Spies also had no counter attack moves, what kind of spies can't couter a merc face to face? And the stupid beeping thing that mercs had was really ******ed, took the stealth out of the game that way.

XBfreak_101
05-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by scope2005:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An0nym0us.01:

Neither Montreal or Shanghai had anything to do with the multiplayer portion of the game, multiplayer is the pure responsibility of Ubisoft Annecy based in france, No announcemets yet - but I wouldnt hold your breath. They either have no plans for SvM or they are keeping very tight lipped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you are also wrong. Splinter Cell Montreal is also working on the MP portion, not Annecy. It's in the June issue of Gameinformer if you dont believe me.

randolfphe
05-26-2007, 04:20 AM
hopefully we'll get a gameplay style with more depth than just average spy vs merc(essentially deathmatch). with the crowd system. why not have police vs. spy/fugitive? with ai crowds. arrest=double points http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

SBD_SWAT
05-26-2007, 05:42 AM
IMO SCCT is still the best games ever made. Double Agent wasn't "BAD" it just wasn't that great. It was fun to play at first, but it didn't have the life span as SCCT did. I was playing SCCT from the time it came out, up until the 360 was launched. I still go back time to time because that game rocks.

I hoping that they do not ruin the Multiplayer for SSC. If they do I will be very disapointed. SCCT was flawless, so "if its not broke, don't fix it." Just add some new maps, new graphics, throw a couple old maps on there and lets go! I can't wait to see what its going to be like. Please, don't let us down again.

IMport

Vth_F_Smith_
05-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Ok, just to clear this up (once again):

Ubisoft Annecy created: Spy VS Spy / Spy VS Merc multiplayer
Ubisoft Milan created: Coop multiplayer
Ubisoft Montreal created: Single Player of SC1, SCCT and SCDA (current gen)
Ubisoft Shanghai created: Single Player of SCPT, SCDA (next gen)

And now about the future of SC:

Ubisoft Montreal creates: Single player AND multiplayer of SCC

Maybe I should add this to my signature.....just in case! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Shadowcancer55
05-26-2007, 08:15 AM
well if you ask me, it better not suck, because if you really thought SCDA was a success in multi, well you're just a big lol. Barley anyone is playing it anymore, I remember playing SC CT for the longest time, I can't even stand to play DA, ****.

Stealth_chill
05-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Splinter cell CT multiplayer was amazing. I played that games multiplayer almost every day at nighttime till DA came out. Also i played CT singleplayer over 5 times.

Now DA- I played its multiplayer like 20 times or less. i pleayed through the singleplayer<span class="ev_code_RED">.....once</span>

DrCactus
05-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, I'm hoping for the best simply because I love the gameplay of the SvM. If the classic version is revived by Montreals staff that'd be wonderful.
I'll be heading there in August to see DAFT PUNK. I'll stop by and give them a piece of my mind.

osborne10
05-26-2007, 08:34 PM
wonder when they will make a trailer for MP

ROLNIK
05-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm hoping for CT MP mixed with DA MP - more ballanced, dynamic, easier(not to easy) for nOObs than CT.

FSA_shadow
05-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I really disliked the DA mp... I tried to give it a chance i really did... hell i was playing it today and i cant stand playing spy... or merc for that matter too much has changed and IMO it wasnt for the good

but what i'd really like to see the MP go back to the CT,PT MP i spent hours playing that... some nights stayed up til 4-5am playing versus matches lol... sad i know but hey... awesome i loved it

now the SC:C MP I'm hearing about doesnt sound all that good... i mean i have no idea how it will work... but hey lets see what Ubi pulls off with this you never know... it could be good

psyichic
05-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Vth_F_Smith_:

Maybe I should add this to my signature.....just in case! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Do not praise anything ever because of it's reputation. Praise it on a product by product basis. The question of how well a game can be coded can normally be answered by it's dev team but it's gameplay cannot.

You already stated a perfect example of this. Annecy created SvS and SvM. SvM's gameplay has spawned almost an entire sub-culture. SvS.....well......not so much.

And even Shanghai had a good moment with PT. The story was pretty well done. Then came DA and we all know the story with that.

Never praise a game until you can make a judgement concretely. Never blindly believe that the game will come out just fine. You know what I said back in the DA days Smith. I was the evil doomsayer who was the troll on the board proclaiming the death of DA's MP before anyone even had some good insight into it. Well I was right. DA is dead Smith, but interestingly enough SCCT multiplayer numbers raised after DA came out.

I get the same feeling with Conviction that I got with DA. They are just trying to hard to appeal to the casual gamer. They said they wanted to make DA more accessible to normal gamers. Look what it did to the multiplayer portion. Look at the "new" stealth system in DA. A series of color coded lights. Green good, yellow not good, red bad. Now they want to break the game into 15 minute sections and get rid of the idea of patience. Sounds like another over simplification to me!

External_Light
05-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Vth_F_Smith_:

Maybe I should add this to my signature.....just in case! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif shanghai also did sc1 4 ps2/gc montreal made it 4 xbox/pc

Seifer1921
05-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Wont play both, it´s a waste of my time and money to plat something i hate

Sir_Jams
05-27-2007, 10:42 PM
If Montreal is smart, they'll create a new MP that will not be anything like SCDA's MP. I pray to God that the oversimplification will be taken out and that both teams (SvM) will be balanced out so that one doesn't have an advantage over another. I want Montreal to keep some of the features that Shanghai put into the SvM, but definetly a very small portion of the added content.

Talking about added content, when the heck is Ubisoft going to release the damned extra content we were promised how many months ago?

scope2005
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
IMHO, versus multiplayer using this crowd nonsense will not work.

Its already been tested in a game called "The Ship".

The premise of that game, is that you spawn on a ship with a random model, and a random name amongst a lot of equally random AI.

You are given the name of a player - who is also randomly named amongst the AI, and your objective is to kill that player without anyone seeing.

It is so easy to tell the difference between AI bots and player-controlled characters.

AI will walk around randomly, they are predictable - whereas Humans think out of th box and do spontaneous things. While it was fun, it was tiresome after a few hours play - It didnt work.

Its too easy to spot humans - its ridiculous.

Any guard or merc or whatever the opponent to these fugitive players would be, could easilly recognise a player controlled character strolling off where they shouldnt, or straying from the AI paths..

If ubisoft are smart, they will make a classic SvM to make up for the lack of classic splinter-cell.

Edit:

originally posted by xbfreak 101:
Actually, you are also wrong. Splinter Cell Montreal is also working on the MP portion, not Annecy. It's in the June issue of Gameinformer if you dont believe me.

The guy said montreal will fix what SHANGHAI screwed up in the multiplayer, I was correcting him that Annecy made the previous SvM, NOT Shanghai http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RaulO4
05-02-2010, 12:17 AM
the ghost of lambert
is here lol