PDA

View Full Version : Unistall PF+FB+AEP

Simjock
11-07-2004, 08:16 PM
I was messing with my config file trying to tweak the water and screwed it up. So I backed up my user file and tried to re-install.

Thats when things went downhill. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

In WindowsXP SP2 "Add / Remove Programs" I removed PF+FB+AEP. After the process was complete the FB unistall program ran automaticly and uninstalled FB.

Everything was removed from the program list, but all the FB files were still there, and FB was still in the regestry.
When I went to reinstall FB the CD only would not give me the install option.

So I was left with a FB folder full of files that looked like a complete instalation but I couldn't run the game from the CD, the short cut, or the main root EXE file.

Very perplexing.

So I deleted the entire folder and inserted the PF disk #1 to install PF stand alone...and it offered me the PF+FB+AEP installation. Mind you by now I had deleted my FB folder, but FB was still in my regestry.

I manually edited my regesrty to remove FB from the program list, and then I was able to re-install all the games, FB AEP and PF.

Anyone else tried to re-install yet? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

S 8
11-08-2004, 05:54 AM
I have without any problems.I guess every computer is a different induvidual.Give it love and you will get back tenfold. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Now,where is that so called "life" they talk about....

JG52Uther
11-08-2004, 09:48 AM
When i uninstalled FB/AEP/PF to do a fresh install,i too was left with the program files http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif.i sent these to the recycle bin and deleted them,and then reinstalled FB/AEP (no patches)then PF with no problems.It did confuse me at first when i could'nt work out why i still had my original skins file in the new install until i uninstalled and found the program files still there.

LilHorse
11-09-2004, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:
When i uninstalled FB/AEP/PF to do a fresh install,i too was left with the program files http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif.i sent these to the recycle bin and deleted them,and then reinstalled FB/AEP (no patches)then PF with no problems.It did confuse me at first when i could'nt work out why i still had my original skins file in the new install until i uninstalled and found the program files still there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For reasons of having to chase down a computer problem I had to uninstall FB-AEP-PF and I want to do a fresh install. I found the program files mentioned above. Should I delete these? And also I still have patches. If I do a fresh install should I also first get rid of the patches? Will they mess with the install?

Simjock
11-09-2004, 01:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LilHorse:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:
When i uninstalled FB/AEP/PF to do a fresh install,i too was left with the program files http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif.i sent these to the recycle bin and deleted them,and then reinstalled FB/AEP (no patches)then PF with no problems.It did confuse me at first when i could'nt work out why i still had my original skins file in the new install until i uninstalled and found the program files still there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For reasons of having to chase down a computer problem I had to uninstall FB-AEP-PF and I want to do a fresh install. I found the program files mentioned above. Should I delete these? And also I still have patches. If I do a fresh install should I also first get rid of the patches? Will they mess with the install? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have the Pacific Fighters box set, Forgotten Battles box set, and the Ace Expansion Pack, you can forget about downloading patches. You already have all the updates in PF.

As for unistalling PF+FB+AEP, I'm certain you need to unistall PF first, and then FB.
Back up your Users file, missions, and skins.

Delete everything in the Forgotten Battles folder, otherwise when you go to reinstall the CD will detct the IL2FB.exe and you won't be able to install.

I mentioned earlier that I was confused about the game still in my regestry, but thats my error. It should be in there along with any other software you ever installed.

LilHorse
11-09-2004, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simjock:
If you have the Pacific Fighters box set, Forgotten Battles box set, and the Ace Expansion Pack, you can forget about downloading patches. You already have all the updates in PF.

As for unistalling PF+FB+AEP, I'm certain you need to unistall PF first, and then FB.
Back up your Users file, missions, and skins.

Delete everything in the Forgotten Battles folder, otherwise when you go to reinstall the CD will detct the IL2FB.exe and you won't be able to install.

I mentioned earlier that I was confused about the game still in my regestry, but thats my error. It should be in there along with any other software you ever installed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, since I already had FB+AEP+ all needed patches, I then added PF for FB+AEP+PF. But I had to uninstall PF (or at least that's all I wanted to do). But it uninstalled ALL of 'em. So I know that the discs already contain all the updates. I was just concerned about the left over prog. files which you mentioned and I have seen still on my comp. So I guess these have to go. That's cool. Just wanted to make sure.

oFZo
11-09-2004, 03:29 PM
I had no problem whatsoever uninstalling and reinstalling PF+AEP+FB.
That doesn't help you but does say something about it being system-specific.

x6BL_Brando
11-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Actually, it's a GOOD idea to clean out those old registry entries every now and again, to avoid these kinds of reinstall hassles. I've used a little ute called Reg Cleaner for quite a few years now, written by Juono Vuori. It went out of circulation for a while, but is now available again from MajorGeeks.