PDA

View Full Version : Oleg can we have a campiagn and Pilot carrerr like in Combat flight Simulator 3

Sea_zero
12-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Hi

Thanks for the patch even though the spitfire ixe fails to load in the quick mission buidler, and i get stutters in the game, but I like the fire and smoke effects, not too sure about the lights etc, but still you gave us something.

Now can we have a campaign and weather effects like they have in combat flight simulator 3, the weather is fanstastic and so are the clouds, even Bob beats il2 in the clouds department. So could you give us all these for a new present, because without them il2 is technical a marvel but very very sterile. I want to care for my piliot/s. I do not want to do any kamikarzies with them

erm John Briggs
Age 22
Born Blackpool
join RAF in at 18 in 1938
etc etc

and I have a picture of his family
his flight log
etc

none of this in il2

pretty sad really, may this reflects the russian mentality life was cheap in ww2 so they did not bother with personalities, after all it was a war of extermination on both sides so why bother with mudane things like, hey is a real person. Also why no female pilots, in the russian sector I believe there was 1000s of women pilots none in this game.

best wishes

SeaFireLIV
12-27-2004, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sea_zero:
erm John Briggs
Age 22
Born Blackpool
etc etc

his flight log
etc

none of this in il2

pretty sad really, may this reflects the russian mentality life was cheap in ww2 so they did not bother with personalities, after all it was a war of extermination on both sides so why bother with mudane things like, hey is a real person. Also why no female pilots, in the russian sector I believe there was 1000s of women pilots none in this game.

best wishes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is an uninformed and quite ignorant post.

You get to put your name and details down in IL2. You get a flight log etc.

You DON`T get a picture of your family in CFS3.

There is a female in IL2 original (2 actually), but also in FB one of the pilots are female. If you`re female you can put yourself in the sim (your face) and add to it. If you REALLY want you can have EVERY pilot in IL2/FB and PF FEMALE by changing all the pilot pics! You can even change all the voices to be female as well if you have the inclination!

Can CFS3 do that?

Didin`t think so.

Now go away and think of some other TROLL excuse.

Sea_zero
12-27-2004, 10:34 AM
hi

Ah a fanboy, yes you get a picture in cf3 u get a personal log, of course you have a pilot career in il2 but it so poorly done most do not use it, that along with the sterile campaign. In cfs3 the pilots log is way a head of il2. One things that cf3 does is gives some content to the pilot, where he was born, how he got to the raf etc, none that in il2. IL2 gives us the ability to change their stock fotos which cfs3 does not, (i think)

Sea_zero
12-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi

Don't be so intolerant as well, I just want to see il2 have the immersive eniroment like cf3 and bob has to some extent. IL2 is great online, really good, nice graphics, great fms, good support in general, great user interface with controls, but its sterile, it needs to comea alive.

LStarosta
12-27-2004, 10:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hi

Thanks for the patch even though the spitfire ixe fails to load in the quick mission buidler, and i get stutters in the game, but I like the fire and smoke effects, not too sure about the lights etc, but still you gave us something.

Now can we have a campaign and weather effects like they have in combat flight simulator 3, the weather is fanstastic and so are the clouds, even Bob beats il2 in the clouds department. So could you give us all these for a new present, because without them il2 is technical a marvel but very very sterile. I want to care for my piliot/s. I do not want to do any kamikarzies with them

erm John Briggs
Age 22
Born Blackpool
etc etc

his flight log
etc

none of this in il2

best wishes <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will you shut the f*** up and quit complaining? If you love CFS3 so much, why don't you just go play that and ditch IL2? Nobody cares for your stupid comments. All you do is troll. Never have you posted anything helpful to anybody. If you are doing this on purpose, you ought to find a more constructive way of wasting your time. Otherwise SOD OFF!!!

You can shove your intolerance speech up yours. Your "fanboy" comments and all your BS posts don't give you an air of credibility to so much as lecture people on being "tolerant" of your views, especially since you present them in such a tone.

God, if after all your nonsense trolling I get banned for telling you off... I don't know what to think.

Capt._Tenneal
12-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Last I looked this was a flight sim, not a role playing game.

First pictures of families and background information. What next ? Personality quirks ? Stats like Strength (18) Dexterity (16) Flight Skills (3, noob heh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) ?

tsisqua
12-27-2004, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sea_zero:
hi

Ah a fanboy . . . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO . . . welcome to the club, Seafire!

Sea_zero,

Your campaign is very customizable, but unfortunately, doing so can be a bit tricky. One of the worst features of the IL2 games is the GUI, and I will be the first to admit it. Make sure that you try clicking every button that you see when starting a campaign. Also, click on your AC lists, because you can sometimes fly other planes than those that you immediately see listed. (I am not trying to sound "condescending", mate, if you know this already, just ignore me, I am only trying to helphttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) Also, you can add your own pictures, and even pics of your family if you want, but you will have to see the readme file for instructions on what format to use.

Good Luck, and remember, if anything I said helped you, it came from a fanboy.

Tsisqua

LStarosta
12-27-2004, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
Last I looked this was a flight sim, not a role playing game.

First pictures of families and background information. What next ? Personality quirks ? Stats like Strength (18) Dexterity (16) Flight Skills (3, noob heh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL.

On a related note, I need midol.

Red_Russian13
12-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Wow. As soon as someone critiques his post, he throws around some "fanboy" crud.

Red_Russian13
12-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Huh, I can't edit my post...

I was going to say, I liked the RPG comment by Capt_Tenneal. I like RPGs, just not in my flight sim!

Capt._Tenneal
12-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Me too, Red Russian. I'm in the middle of KOTOR II right now (aside from my IL-2 flying). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ThreeCrow
12-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Great immersion, like great sex, is mostly mental. For a buck fiftynine you can by a notebook and a pen..... keep your own diary.

DmdSeeker
12-27-2004, 11:59 AM
"Great immersion, like great sex, is mostly mental. For a buck fiftynine you can by a notebook and a pen..... keep your own diary. "

And for free you can download IL stab; which does it for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

To the original poster:

While I'd agree that there's far too much focus on new planes the whole time; and allmost no focus on actually improving the IL-2 game and interface; you skillfully managed to whine about things that are actually possible in the current version.

That's to say you can import photos/skins on to your pilots; IL-2 has a logging engine which various third party apps can pick up and use to make a war diary; etc. etc.

In short; you may have a point; but it missed!

wayno7777
12-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Funny, I can input birth dates and place of birth...

F0_Dark_P
12-27-2004, 12:30 PM
if you want some background etc on your pilot you can do like me and my squad

first we make a pilot, we name him and put we in some info about birthplace and his age, then we start flying with him

and we make new missions every other day or so, and then we write reports about the mission and how it went, and we give out points for the mission success and kills, and then when you have enough points you rise one level in your rank, and you can receive medals if you do something great

this is a really fun thing to do, but you have to play with some friends couse you need some people for this to work, but man it is fun, but **** i where angry the last mission, i lost my pilot couse i crashed and died when i was taking off, i survived 6 missions with that pilot RIP Ulf http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

but anyway, Sea_zero you just need some imagination http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif the game dont have to do everything, some guys in the squad even writes a diary about their pilots hardships, so the pilot info can you make on the side your self http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

BaldieJr
12-27-2004, 12:30 PM
I have +15 Charisma with the ladies.

tsisqua
12-27-2004, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
I have +15 Charisma with the ladies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may as well hand those points over to someone else. Now that you are married, you won't be needing them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Tsisqua

Old_Canuck
12-27-2004, 01:09 PM
hi

Ah a fanboy, ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah a Microsoft troll. You're late. The sequence for CFS3 posts is normally a little tighter. See you in a couple weeks then.

SeaFireLIV
12-27-2004, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tsisqua:
hi

Ah a fanboy . . . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO . . . welcome to the club, Seafire!

Tsisqua <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, that made me chuckle, concerning your thread about fanboy calling not long ago. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That guy just annoyed me with his whine. Granted, IL2 could do with even more `Human` touches, but Sea_zero examples he touches on are untrue. It`s so obvious he`s not even really flown the sim long enough to get a true idea of the depth of the sim. So many great things about FB and he chooses to use his whine to say that the Russians are basically Humanless machines.

Just annoying. If he`d made his complaint after flying the sim so he really knew what he was talking about it would have had a far better reception.... When I had CFS3 I never saw any family pic, but maybe that`s with the add-on.

FoolTrottel
12-27-2004, 01:29 PM
He's done this before you know!

We cannot find any post left of him now...
guess why?
He got an uberban, in which his name only appeared as <Sea_Zero> including the brackets, and for a brief period only... and then he faded away I guess..

So just ignore him, he will go away...
And yes, he will come back.
And if so, then, once again, ignore him.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Combat Simulation not RPG (Role Playing Game) I hear Guild Wars is quite good maybe you should try your hand there.

PBNA-Boosher
12-27-2004, 03:45 PM
RTFM dude, RTFM.

LStarosta
12-27-2004, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
RTFM dude, RTFM. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What... what can... what does this mean?

R..rr... read

T...tt...the

Ff...ff..ffu..f*ckin

Mmmm..m.. this one's tough...mmm ... Manual?!

Seriously, a shot in the dark, but am I right, or am I right?

Sea_zero
12-27-2004, 05:11 PM
hi

Yes the 303m patch did screw up, I cannot help that if it did. Now I got it working ok.

My my al queda is recruiting u know guys you do your self proud for the cause. I think your missing the point . I like il2, i bought it, i fly it, i love it and I just it better and if you think cfs3 is rubbish why get upset>

Airmail109
12-27-2004, 05:18 PM
I am absaloutely disgusted by some posts on here....how dare you be so nasty to the guy. Hes got a point. Ive played this sim for 3 years an i love it! We do need more atmosphere in the game........hes dead right. In BOB i want the feeling of 1930's Britain to be there, with the classic British countryside rolling past. I want really good areodromes and missions that make it actually feel like your in the middle of the battle of britain. I cant believe how rude some people are.......Seafire get lost and leave the guy alone. Im speachless, id have banned you for that if I was mod. And id ban the guy who swore. You absaloute bunch of childish idiots.....THE LOT OF YOU. THIS GUYS RIGHT..............OLEG PLEASE STOP GIVING US NEW PLANES............PLEASE GIVE US MORE IMMERSION........BETTER SOUND.......BETTER RADIO........IMPROVED FMB......RADIO BANTER.....ALL THE LITTLE NIGGLY BITS OF FLYING IN A WORLD WAR 2 SQUADRON!

Chivas
12-27-2004, 05:20 PM
What do you expect Sea_zero

You come into the forum and insult the Russians, then insult IL-2 by wanting it to be like CFS3.

Old_Canuck
12-27-2004, 05:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aimail101:
I am absaloutely disgusted by some posts on here....how dare you be so nasty to the guy. Hes got a point. Ive played this sim for 3 years an i love it! We do need more atmosphere in the game........hes dead right. In BOB i want the feeling of 1930's Britain to be there, with the classic British countryside rolling past. I want really good areodromes and missions that make it actually feel like your in the middle of the battle of britain. I cant believe how rude some people are.......Seafire get lost and leave the guy alone. Im speachless, id have banned you for that if I was mod. And id ban the guy who swore. You absaloute bunch of childish idiots.....THE LOT OF YOU. THIS GUYS RIGHT..............OLEG PLEASE STOP GIVING US NEW PLANES............PLEASE GIVE US MORE IMMERSION........BETTER SOUND.......BETTER RADIO........IMPROVED FMB......RADIO BANTER.....ALL THE LITTLE NIGGLY BITS OF FLYING IN A WORLD WAR 2 SQUADRON! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why of course sir. Considering all the positive contributions you've made to the community in the last (20 days?) you should certainly have everything you demand and more.

knightflyte
12-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Animal....
ZERO is a troll. He's about 3 feet tall with green hair, and a fuzzy belly. He also lives under a bridge.

Quite frankly he posts in such a way that he seems OWED the things he asked for. A few weeks ago he was as GIDDY as a school girl about the COPYRIGHT problems. As a matter of fact I STILL would like to know how he knew the **** was going to hit the fan BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE. It was at LEAST TWO DAYS BEFORE ANYONE POSTED ABOUT IT.

We may be FANBOYS of IL2....but we respect the effort and talent that goes into making this sim and we're a tad bit protective of it.

I can't speak for EVERYONE but I certainly have ZERO respect for him. (But, that's MY problem)

regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back

knightflyte
12-27-2004, 06:48 PM
HAVOK.....

I can't wait till the AFC champeenship with the Steelers and the Patriots.

Go Pats!

regards,
Robert

-HH- Beebop
12-27-2004, 07:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightflyte:

Go Pats! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GO STEELERS! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

bird_brain
12-27-2004, 07:19 PM
This thread is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

knightflyte
12-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Or if you're FROM Pittsburg....it's pronounced
"STILLERS!"

Good luck either way...I know it's going to be a GREAT game.

I may call my uncle so I can console him after the game. (He's in McKeesport)

dannyworkman
12-27-2004, 07:24 PM
I am a FANBOY I stand proud.I am a fan of IL2,go ahead knock this chip off my sholder i double dog dare you.
'better SMILE when you say FANBOY

umm what does fanboy mean?

wayno7777
12-27-2004, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aimail101:
In BOB i want the feeling of 1930's Britain to be there, with the classic British countryside rolling past. I want really good areodromes and missions that make it actually feel like your in the middle of the battle of britain. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why can't it be the atmosphere of a French aerodrome with the French countryside to fly over.

Anyway from the eastern part of the state, GO EAGLES!!!

BaldieJr
12-27-2004, 07:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tsisqua:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
I have +15 Charisma with the ladies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may as well hand those points over to someone else. Now that you are married, you won't be needing them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Tsisqua <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to give them to a younger man, but as you know, they are non-transferable.

Besides, I need em now more than ever: I have a mother-in-law

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

wayno7777
12-27-2004, 07:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Targ
12-27-2004, 08:04 PM
I like cheese.

dannyworkman
12-28-2004, 12:29 AM
goo packers

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-28-2004, 12:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightflyte:
HAVOK.....

Go Pats!

regards,
Robert <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...who knows maybe Colts@Steelers
Manning looks unbeatable http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
12-28-2004, 12:35 AM
http://www.steelers.com/images/screensavers/04_Roethlisberger_SCR.jpg

knightflyte
12-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Three words..... and if you remember the AFC championship last year you know what I mean.

"fourth and one."

Pats have the Colts number.

regards,
Robert

PS... the Terrible towels will be handy hankies. LOL
(LOL... I just hope I won't need one)

No matter who wins it will be good. I've got interest in Pittsburg, as I was born there, but moved when I was a tyke.