PDA

View Full Version : SOUND PROBLEMS??

RaVe_N
10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
The sound hack seems to be creating troubles for many that SHOULD SPEAK VOLUMES.
some times I here bullets/engines some times I don't .That never happened before.

Whats happening is, that my plane gets all shot up and I don't hear a thing Its almost like what one would get in a laggy server. It happens way to often in way to many servers now.

I look at this sound Hack like I would a skin.
If one doesn't have it yet then how can the guy on the other end receive it?
whats the story on this part of it?

I have been with this Sim since day 1 and this is a very obvious and noticeable new thing that I am experiencing.

I'm sure it is related to the silly sound mod.

I would hope Olag and the boys make a better sound pack for future patches as well as SOW and put measures in place to stop this

RaVe_N
10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
The sound hack seems to be creating troubles for many that SHOULD SPEAK VOLUMES.
some times I here bullets/engines some times I don't .That never happened before.

Whats happening is, that my plane gets all shot up and I don't hear a thing Its almost like what one would get in a laggy server. It happens way to often in way to many servers now.

I look at this sound Hack like I would a skin.
If one doesn't have it yet then how can the guy on the other end receive it?
whats the story on this part of it?

I have been with this Sim since day 1 and this is a very obvious and noticeable new thing that I am experiencing.

I'm sure it is related to the silly sound mod.

I would hope Olag and the boys make a better sound pack for future patches as well as SOW and put measures in place to stop this

JG53Frankyboy
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
a Help FQA about a Hack - i LOVE it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SeaFireLIV
10-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I was just WAITING for something like this to pop up!

It`s either a fishing tale or someone trying to start an inferno. Probably all of the above.

Or maybe he just hasn`t explained himself properly....

Urufu_Shinjiro
10-08-2007, 11:22 AM
I've gotten that problem before, and long before the sound hack was available, never figured out what caused it as it eventually went away on it's own.

Skunk_438RCAF
10-08-2007, 11:23 AM
The sounds are not transmitted over the net as a skin would be. Its not the same architecture, and the sounds are there to be played LOCALLY.

People who think this sound mod is causing lag are not experiencing lag at all, but rather their machine is slowing down in order to process the information.

Now the above should be enough to motivate people to not use the hack while playing online. Because when playing online your computer is already slowing down a bit to process the info coming from the net and interpreting it so you can see it in reasonable delay on their screen. So if you have something that slows your machine down more, doesnt that sort of ruin your flying experience even just a bit?

SlickStick
10-08-2007, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
I've gotten that problem before, and long before the sound hack was available, never figured out what caused it as it eventually went away on it's own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

It's a weird quirk of the sim, akin to how after you've landed damaged and respawned, hitting F6 will still lock on the last target if he is still flying, regardless of how far away he is.

I rarely get the sound bug these days, but I recently messed with my conf.ini file and damn if I can remember what I changed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Petrosky
10-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I am one that has had extreme
sound problems for weeks now.
It just started one day and
will not stop.

Only place i have the troubles is IL2

Have reinstalled the Sim twice no help
Removed almost new Razor sound Card
Installed New XF1 Xtreme Gamer

No help at all
Major problem is alot of planes close to me
have no sounds,
and can not hear bullets or planes from behind or passing in front of me.
I'm not sure what started this but I'm
at a loss to Fix it.

Any Ideas?

Rjel
10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petrosky:
I am one that has had extreme
sound problems for weeks now.
It just started one day and
will not stop.

Only place i have the troubles is IL2

Have reinstalled the Sim twice no help
Removed almost new Razor sound Card
Installed New XF1 Xtreme Gamer

No help at all
Major problem is alot of planes close to me
have no sounds,
and can not hear bullets or planes from behind or passing in front of me.
I'm not sure what started this but I'm
at a loss to Fix it.

Any Ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe try the new sound mod I've been reading about???? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif