PDA

View Full Version : help with controllers

blownapart
11-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I just pulled out IL2 recently after a long absence. I have CH pro pedals and an X45 (don't laugh please). If the pedals are plugged in the game doesn't see the stick. How can I make the game see both controllers.

blownapart
11-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I just pulled out IL2 recently after a long absence. I have CH pro pedals and an X45 (don't laugh please). If the pedals are plugged in the game doesn't see the stick. How can I make the game see both controllers.

Buzzsaw-
11-13-2009, 09:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blownapart:
I just pulled out IL2 recently after a long absence. I have CH pro pedals and an X45 (don't laugh please). If the pedals are plugged in the game doesn't see the stick. How can I make the game see both controllers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salute Blownapart

Are you using the CH Controller software? You shouldn't if you are using another manufacturers joystick.

CH Pro Pedals will typically list themselves as the primary controller in Windows.

What you need to do is number them as the secondary controller, with your joystick as number 1.

You do that by going into Windows Game Controllers in your Control Panel.

blownapart
11-13-2009, 10:19 PM
The suggestions you gave were the first things I tried before making my post. I use XP and for some reason it will not let me define the stick as the primary/default controller when the pedals are plugged in.

Chivas
11-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Do you see your joystick listed in your Start/Control Panel/Printers and other hardware/Game Controllers in windows xp. If it shows up there the game should see your stick.
When you go to Controls/Hotas Controls/ click on the space opposite the Ailerons then move your joystick. It should come up as X-Axis ID2, or X-Axis ID3 depending on how the X45 is seen in windows.

Sokol__1
11-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Windows organize joysticks based in VendorID number. CH use lower number than Saitek...

After set in Controls functions like Chivas say, use Il2JoyControl to settings deadzones, axis curves... out of the game.

Sokol1

blownapart
11-15-2009, 09:47 AM
The problem I'm having is, windows will not set the stick to number one, the game does not detect it. Thanks for the advice, but so far the advice is nothing more than what I attempted doing before I checked the forum archives for help which was what I did before posting the question. I guess what I'm asking is if there is a way to maually FORCE the game to recognize the stick?

FoolTrottel
11-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Even if the stick is not number one, the game will detect it.
Just ignore the 'Input' screen, where you can check the input and change sensitivity settings, as that screen will only show the first controller.

Goto controls, all the way down to HOTAS section, and re-assign the controls to the correct Axis...

DD_crash
11-15-2009, 11:07 AM
download JOYCONTROL (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1021) Also run QMB and go external view and see if the control surfaces are moving.

blownapart
11-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Thank you FoolTrotte, got it working.

Chivas
11-15-2009, 11:48 AM
We got confused when you said "If the pedals are plugged in the game doesn't see the stick. How can I make the game see both controllers."

Windows and the Game see your joystick but you just couldn't change the priorty. You can't with windows XP, thats why most everyone with Hotas uses IL-2 Sticks, and JOYControl to adjust their sticks input.