PDA

View Full Version : tips for no shooting technique

raaaid
04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
i think it was the apache the ones who introduced the warfare technique terribly demoralizing for the enemy of instead of smashing their heads touching them slightly with a stick and run away

now best plane for this is the spit 25 lbs with which with climbing spiral i can handlle up to 3 turners and one zoomer

then when you have energy advantage you set your self in enemys six for fun as long as posible till you need to getting e advantage again

any advice to improve this technique farther?

main advantage this technique has its you avoid target fixation so its more fun

raaaid
04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
i think it was the apache the ones who introduced the warfare technique terribly demoralizing for the enemy of instead of smashing their heads touching them slightly with a stick and run away

now best plane for this is the spit 25 lbs with which with climbing spiral i can handlle up to 3 turners and one zoomer

then when you have energy advantage you set your self in enemys six for fun as long as posible till you need to getting e advantage again

main advantage this technique has its you avoid target fixation so its more fun

K_Freddie
04-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Jump into an FW190 or ME109 (or any plane for that matter), and twist and turn 'like last summer' and you'll see many a red plane stall out behind you, and hit the ground with a big thump.
Yes Yes.. the charts say something different, and this plane is better than that.... It's the pilots that make the mistakes, hence the hole in the ground.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DKoor
04-30-2009, 01:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-30-2009, 02:11 PM
When I run out of ammo I like to get on someones six and just stay there, close, for...a...long....time, lol. Drives'em nuts. I've driven a few folks into the ground this way, no points though, lol.

jamesblonde1979
04-30-2009, 03:11 PM
I like to fly over to the enemy airfield and do slow rolls across their noses as close and as low as possible whilst they are taking off.

You would be surprised how many of them prang.

danjama
04-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Yea i love killing people by simply out flying them

ROXunreal
04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Two stories in my relatively short time playing IL-2 online.

Managed to get a mustang that was pursuing me for almost half an hour to overshoot me by snap rolling my Ki-84, got a small shot on his wingtip and then went into a downward spiral pursuing him. He was trying to make my wings snap from the high speed and G but I didn't turn enough to do this and was very near blackout. In the end he blacked out and slammed into the sea.

The other was just today, a La bounced me at 2000 meters and I made a run for it, as I got higher his performance suffered and I managed to keep him at about 2-2.5km, but he wouldn't stop pursuing. 20 minutes later we were above 10000 meters and way outside the map. My plan was to get him to run out of fuel, which he did. Unfortunately, just as I was turning to shoot him down my internet crashed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

slipBall
04-30-2009, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

main advantage this technique has its you avoid target fixation so its more fun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sprinkle salt on the tail...works every time! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

VW-IceFire
04-30-2009, 04:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ROXunreal:
Two stories in my relatively short time playing IL-2 online.

Managed to get a mustang that was pursuing me for almost half an hour to overshoot me by snap rolling my Ki-84, got a small shot on his wingtip and then went into a downward spiral pursuing him. He was trying to make my wings snap from the high speed and G but I didn't turn enough to do this and was very near blackout. In the end he blacked out and slammed into the sea.

The other was just today, a La bounced me at 2000 meters and I made a run for it, as I got higher his performance suffered and I managed to keep him at about 2-2.5km, but he wouldn't stop pursuing. 20 minutes later we were above 10000 meters and way outside the map. My plan was to get him to run out of fuel, which he did. Unfortunately, just as I was turning to shoot him down my internet crashed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The guy didn't complain? I've done that a few times where someone gets on my six in a plane that doesn't climb quit as well or have the ability up high that the plane I'm flying has and I get them up to 8000 meters where I'm still fine and their engine is just not producing the power anymore....and thats when the water works come on.

crucislancer
05-01-2009, 10:00 AM
There was one time online where I was chasing a 109 (I was in a Spit V), and we were at around 300 feet over the water. He did his best to shake me off his tail, but I stayed on him the whole time, but my ammo was nearly dry at the start of it. However, I kept on him hoping to force him into a crash. After a while, I was on fumes so I RTBíd, and he didnít pursue. Upon reviewing the track later I found that he had nearly burned out his engine trying to get away from me (mine was pretty hot, too, but I was managing better), so when I broke off he looked for a place to land. IIRC, he bellied in on a beach.

There was another time I got into a scuffle with a 109, me in an La-5, and again I was nearly out of ammo when it started, having just got done with one of his buddies. I got a burst in his general direction, and that was it. For 5 minutes we danced around each other, and I was pretty sure that if I had ammo I could have gotten him, and fortunately his attempts failed, but he was a really good pilot. The chances of him making a mistake crashing were slim. The mission ended after about 5 minutes of that.

While I didnít succeed in getting these guys to crash, it was a lot of fun trying. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ROXunreal
05-01-2009, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
The guy didn't complain? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. But I was surprised that his La even made it up to some 9500 meters.

baronWastelan
05-01-2009, 10:32 AM
AI B-25s (default weapons, no bombs) are fun to kill without shooting.

1. Mountainous area (Slovakia or Kuban)

2. Player flies low and slow AC: U-2VS or Storch set to "Empty" weapons