PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt versus Wanted musings

Just Krispy
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I play mostly Manhunt but now that I have been playing for awhile, I am seeing some real differences between the 2 game types. First of all I find the quality of my kills is going down in Manhunt because most games turn into a kill steal free for all. You have to run up and nab the 150 point kill before team mate steals it from you. People running all around the map like idiots chalking up those 150's..no one has mics so attacks can be coordinated etc etc. I was more cautions to play Wanted but I have jumped in some the last few days and find after a warm up game, my kills are much more high point kills. Since its more of a free for all, you pay more attention to the quality of your kills. I am also a Halo player and in our Rumble Pit and other FFA's its just the opposite. FFA's are the kill steal game types. Anyway I am actually getting better at spotting targets in Wanted now and do better at stuns than watching 3 Beard Bead action Beards run up to me in a blend group. Honestly its easier for me to stun a guy who is walking rather than try to time a runner..I don't know why...I like Manhunt because it gives you a chance to practice your defense and offense skills without having a contract on you but I am really getting tired of the offense part.at this point I think I am just going to concentrate on working on certain offense skills like poison without caring about the number of kills I get...
On another note has anyone played ACB and then went into a Reach or Black Ops (or other COD games) right after? Holy crap it all seems so fast! I have found my Reach game has improved..I play way more paranoid! LOL Although if I had a choice between Reach armor lock and smoke bombs, I'd take the SB...I would love to sucker punch someone in Halo!

Just Krispy
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I play mostly Manhunt but now that I have been playing for awhile, I am seeing some real differences between the 2 game types. First of all I find the quality of my kills is going down in Manhunt because most games turn into a kill steal free for all. You have to run up and nab the 150 point kill before team mate steals it from you. People running all around the map like idiots chalking up those 150's..no one has mics so attacks can be coordinated etc etc. I was more cautions to play Wanted but I have jumped in some the last few days and find after a warm up game, my kills are much more high point kills. Since its more of a free for all, you pay more attention to the quality of your kills. I am also a Halo player and in our Rumble Pit and other FFA's its just the opposite. FFA's are the kill steal game types. Anyway I am actually getting better at spotting targets in Wanted now and do better at stuns than watching 3 Beard Bead action Beards run up to me in a blend group. Honestly its easier for me to stun a guy who is walking rather than try to time a runner..I don't know why...I like Manhunt because it gives you a chance to practice your defense and offense skills without having a contract on you but I am really getting tired of the offense part.at this point I think I am just going to concentrate on working on certain offense skills like poison without caring about the number of kills I get...
On another note has anyone played ACB and then went into a Reach or Black Ops (or other COD games) right after? Holy crap it all seems so fast! I have found my Reach game has improved..I play way more paranoid! LOL Although if I had a choice between Reach armor lock and smoke bombs, I'd take the SB...I would love to sucker punch someone in Halo!

obliviondoll
01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
If you've got a good team (rare with randoms), you don't need a mic to co-ordinate.

Lock on, poison icons, etc. tell good players a lot about what's happening and who's doing what, when to take the kill opportunity, and when to wait and lock on for the co-op bonus.

I rarely get a lot of kill sin Manhunt (usually only 2 or 3), but they're good kills, and I get quite a lot of co-op points for the team.

My teammates like having me alongside, because they get better scores with me than most other people they could have - I'm patient and focus on making sure "we" win, rather than making sure "I" win.

Also, good teams on defense stay together, work together, and don't die as much, again whether they have mics or not.

If at least one teammate has a mic, I use mine, if not, I don't, because I can manage myself, and give advance warning that I'm going to poison someone, but it's generally not needed if your teammates are decent - if you're closer, I'll go for the co-op, if I'm closer, you go for the co-op - and if you steal my kill, I'll make you a really obvious target for our hunters in the next round http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Because I'm friendly like that.

Rainie
01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
The description you gave about manhunt is basically why I don't enjoy that mode. I've never been the FFA type and I'm more of a patient hunter so I get annoyed a lot when a teammate rushes for a target for 100 where I could have earned 400. Whenever I play an FPS I'm usually the sniper class so I can take time to aim rather than shoot anything that moves. I'm also more of a solitary player, so I like playing against other people rather than with them. I have a hearing disorder that makes it difficult to understand what people say on a mic so that doesn't help me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

My favorite part of Wanted is the fact you are hunted while you are hunting at the same time. It forces you to be aware of your surroundings and cautious of people at all times. With only defending or attacking in manhunt it feels boring to me so I don't play it. Also the fact that the target knows the persona coming after them takes the fun out of trying to guess who they are.

That's my opinion on the 2 modes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

beacuase...
01-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I don't really like Manhunt too much either. It feels a little too stale. The defenders are almost always using Morph + Smoke, and the attackers are almost always using Templar Vision + Charge/Firecrackers. There are a few who get a little bit creative and go that extra mile, but they seem fairly rare.

It seems like the same thing happens in every Manhunt game I play. I'll use Templar Vision from a rooftop, aerial kill somebody in the morph group, get stunned, they'll get killed, their killer will get stunned, I'll get up, kill that stunner, and then we'll all move on to the next person.

Requiscent
01-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I found this out when I decided to play Wanted after playing Manhunt exclusively for awhile. The habits you develop there really don't do you well. Fortunately, I play Wanted more now.

Whenever I play Manhunt now, its usually because I just want a relaxed game.