PDA

View Full Version : Fix Pickpocketing in AC:B

amugae
07-01-2010, 09:04 PM
At first it was kind of cool that you could pickpocket anybody in AC2, but the novelty quickly wore off when you found that you couldn't pickpocket the guards, and then you also realized that all you could ever get from pickpocketing was paltry sum of coins (50 at max).

So you forget about the whole pickpocketing thing and just hold the pickpocket button to walk faster, which is actually useful when you're trying to quickly approach the target inconspicuously. And then you brush by a pedestrian and accidentally pickpocket him and then he alerts half the guards in the block...

Basically in AC2, pickpocketing was useless at best and frustrating at worst. Can we fix that in AC:B?

First of all, no more unintended/accidental pickpocketing. I want it so that you'd have to lock on to a target before you can pickpocket. That way I can at least use the fast walking feature without risking unnecessary exposure.

Also, let us pickpocket the damn guards! They're my enemy. I want them to go home and get yelled at by their wives because they misplaced their entire month's paycheck.

While we're at it, let the marks (pickpocket targets) carry something worth stealing. Weapons, ammos, get out of jail free card, anything more than spare change basically. Also make it so that different types of npc carry different kind of loot, just to keep it exciting. Nobles carry a sack of coins, guards carry knives and ammos, peasants carry half eaten carrots, etc etc

And let us pickpocket friendly npc too, like thieves and courtesans. I know it's kinda ****ish of me to wish so, but isn't that what makes sandbox games so great? That we can choose to be as heroic or as ****ish as we want to be?

Spell check keeps drawling red scrawly lines under the word ****ish. I will change that soon..

-grabs hidden blade and reserves a flight to oxford dictionary headquarter-

amugae
07-01-2010, 09:04 PM
At first it was kind of cool that you could pickpocket anybody in AC2, but the novelty quickly wore off when you found that you couldn't pickpocket the guards, and then you also realized that all you could ever get from pickpocketing was paltry sum of coins (50 at max).

So you forget about the whole pickpocketing thing and just hold the pickpocket button to walk faster, which is actually useful when you're trying to quickly approach the target inconspicuously. And then you brush by a pedestrian and accidentally pickpocket him and then he alerts half the guards in the block...

Basically in AC2, pickpocketing was useless at best and frustrating at worst. Can we fix that in AC:B?

First of all, no more unintended/accidental pickpocketing. I want it so that you'd have to lock on to a target before you can pickpocket. That way I can at least use the fast walking feature without risking unnecessary exposure.

Also, let us pickpocket the damn guards! They're my enemy. I want them to go home and get yelled at by their wives because they misplaced their entire month's paycheck.

While we're at it, let the marks (pickpocket targets) carry something worth stealing. Weapons, ammos, get out of jail free card, anything more than spare change basically. Also make it so that different types of npc carry different kind of loot, just to keep it exciting. Nobles carry a sack of coins, guards carry knives and ammos, peasants carry half eaten carrots, etc etc

And let us pickpocket friendly npc too, like thieves and courtesans. I know it's kinda ****ish of me to wish so, but isn't that what makes sandbox games so great? That we can choose to be as heroic or as ****ish as we want to be?

Spell check keeps drawling red scrawly lines under the word ****ish. I will change that soon..

-grabs hidden blade and reserves a flight to oxford dictionary headquarter-

Account_Deleted
07-01-2010, 09:21 PM
well there is a trick i found out with pickpocketing , idk if it's been said before
but basicly
you find a large crowd , maybe one around a town crier ( the guy that talks on a platform in brown robes)

you throw coins * this should onyl subtract 10f*
the crowd gathers and you can pickpocket them while they're busy picking up 2 florings
you can get bout 10F - 20F per pickpocket....

IMO...
i agree with your post beside the " walking faster = pickpocketing"

amugae
07-01-2010, 11:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
well there is a trick i found out with pickpocketing , idk if it's been said before
but basicly
you find a large crowd , maybe one around a town crier ( the guy that talks on a platform in brown robes)

you throw coins * this should onyl subtract 10f*
the crowd gathers and you can pickpocket them while they're busy picking up 2 florings
you can get bout 10F - 20F per pickpocket....

IMO...
i agree with your post beside the " walking faster = pickpocketing" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that's the point, each pickpocket only nets you about 10-20F, which is hardly worth the effort. I want pickpocketing to be more rewarding than that.

And I don't know if you noticed, but holding down the fast walk button also makes you automatically pickpocket anyone you bump against.

Vey03
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Yep, totally agree! And must be doing it all wrong, because posters of you immediatelly go up as soon as you've robbed someone. WTF is that about?! By the time i hear someone going on about their money, i'm out of sight and around the next building, but still, posters go up everywhere!

*SPOILERS - sort of*
And the only time i ever used it was to steal that mask from Dante.
* END SPOILERS*

Never used it to actually get money. I too thought the nobles had more cash on them, so first time i played the game, i went for them. But they're just as poor as everyone else! Just doesn't make sense.

EzioAssassin51
07-02-2010, 12:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
Yep, totally agree! And must be doing it all wrong, because posters of you immediatelly go up as soon as you've robbed someone. WTF is that about?! By the time i hear someone going on about their money, i'm out of sight and around the next building, but still, posters go up everywhere!

*SPOILERS - sort of*
And the only time i ever used it was to steal that mask from Dante.
* END SPOILERS*

Never used it to actually get money. I too thought the nobles had more cash on them, so first time i played the game, i went for them. But they're just as poor as everyone else! Just doesn't make sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nicely dressed people actually carry more florins than the poorer looking people but only like 10 coins more at max!

I agree with the OP's Post but not the 'pickpocket weapons' cause that sounds stupid! I like the idea of pickpocket ammo off guards when they are alive because you can only do that when they are dead!

But we wouldn't pickpocket a carrot because we assassins do not eat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

jimbo11235813
07-02-2010, 04:40 AM
I think they should make pickpocketing more useful by reducing the amount of money you get from missions or no money at all from missions, then pickpocketing will actually have a true purpose.

As for pick pocketing guards, that would be quite cool. I don't think you should be able to take a weapon, unless Ubi made it so you steal it (stand behind and hold buttons that normally pickpockets people) and a fight automatically starts, with one soldier with no weapons. But ammo and small weapons, like throwing knives, would be cool.

Murcuseo
07-02-2010, 04:57 AM
A return to the old AC pickpocketing would be much appreciated, you could also pick up side missions through picking pockets.

Say you pick someones pocket and find a letter, you read the letter and discover a meeting between Templar conspirators at a certain location. From there you can either find and tail the target/s or beat them up to get information... or just stick a blade in their neck. Each action would have it's own result and you could extend or end the misssion with each action. If you gain information it could be related to a mission or location of a special item... say a feather,glyph,chest or whatever.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things you could do with it.

EzioAssassin51
07-02-2010, 05:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
A return to the old AC pickpocketing would be much appreciated, you could also pick up side missions through picking pockets.

Say you pick someones pocket and find a letter, you read the letter and discover a meeting between Templar conspirators at a certain location. From there you can either find and tail the target/s or beat them up to get information... or just stick a blade in their neck. Each action would have it's own result and you could extend or end the misssion with each action. If you gain information it could be related to a mission or location of a special item... say a feather,glyph,chest or whatever.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things you could do with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is it with you and great ideas??

notafanboy
07-02-2010, 05:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

I'm sure there are plenty of other things you could do with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
gr8 idea

Typhonahriman
07-02-2010, 05:23 AM
I hope they fix the animation too... Violently punching someone in the thigh is not pickpocketing. Who thought the current animation would be even remotely acceptable?

tyrce111
07-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Most of the time in ACII it was annoying but I got used to not fast walking when I went near a civilian...

But I just love how when your board you can just go pickpocketing big FAT and choke slam them on the spot...

Not to be mean or anything but I dont think men should be the only ones to stick up for them selves when they are robbed...

It would be pretty fun to have some old italian woman try and slap you with a big pasta sauce ladel or wooden spoon.

Something off topic. that I just thought of...
I never liked it when I was throwing guys around so I could take them to my villa or throw them off a cliff...

So there should be a third grab option...
where you pick them up as if they whear unconsious and put him/her over your shoulder...
And when you put them down they are still standing and are too scared to move.
This ability could be used for things such as target practice with your crossbow...

THANKS!!!!

Tyrce,

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

EzioAssassin51
07-02-2010, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Typhonahriman:
I hope they fix the animation too... Violently punching someone in the thigh is not pickpocketing. Who thought the current animation would be even remotely acceptable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't punch someone in the thigh! If you look closely his hand moves really quickly and that's him taking the money!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
It would be pretty fun to have some old italian woman try and slap you with a big pasta sauce ladel or wooden spoon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a stereotype... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SWJS
07-02-2010, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
It would be pretty fun to have some old italian woman try and slap you with a big pasta sauce ladel or wooden spoon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I love his emphasis on the particular word. I think it's hilarious.

tyrce111
07-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorry guys for the inapropriate language...

And I wasnt trying to be mean to any Italian women in the forum...

No hard feelings guys... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

AMuppetMatt
07-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Yes... he does pickpocket them normally. Whilst hitting them in the thigh rather hard. That isn't a "socially acceptable action" as the Animus would put it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And as for the gentle push... that's hardly gentle is it, man handling someone and shoving them out of the way. It needs to be more like AC1 in that respect, make it gentle.

Deathgrim666
07-03-2010, 08:27 AM
i just wish they did mission where i pickpocket like ac:1. in ac:2 is was more of a useless skill.

amugae
07-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Here's another idea for pickpocketing: make a side quest out of it.

You could target certain corrupt nobles (revealed by eagle vision), pickpocket them and give the money to poor people around the city. Ezio's fighting to free the city and make people's lives better anyway, why not go all out and be Robin Hood?

Also you should be able to dye your clothes green at a local clothes shop. And put a feather on your hood maybe.

Pelotero_10
07-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Also, when you pickpocket someone, it should be smooth and inconspicuous, Not obvious to the everyone and their mothers.

SWJS
07-03-2010, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes... he does pickpocket them normally. Whilst hitting them in the thigh rather hard. That isn't a "socially acceptable action" as the Animus would put it Wink </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He doesn't 'hit' them at all. His hands are open to the palm when he pickpockets. Ezio brushes up against his victim to make it seem like he accidentally bumped into them. While he's 'bumping' into them, he runs his hand along their waist gently in order to snatch their money pouch. The entire time the victim just thinks Ezio's an idiot who doesn't watch where he's going.

It has nothing to do with hitting.

Vey03
07-04-2010, 05:14 AM

Wow, that's a great idea.

Because apart from that one item from that one particular person, the pickpocketing is totally useless. If you need money, find a treasure chest.