PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine Free Festive Beverages...

foxyboy1964
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Giving up caffeine. It was either the caffeine or the heroin. No contest.

So far I've tried Twinings's Lemon and Ginger: very nice but even nicer with two spoons of sugar and a stiff double brandy. Twining's Pure Peppermint: nice enough, but not as nice as the Lemon and Ginger, although a stiff double brandy helps the medicine go down.

So, any of you guys got any recommendations?

P.S. please excuse any spelling mistakes etc...absolutely opi55ed. Thank you very nice.

Low_Flyer_MkIX
12-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Horlicks. Tastes great when sprinkled over flesh and licked off. Available in tablet form too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

foxyboy1964
12-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Horlicks? Does it go with brandy?

Low_Flyer_MkIX
12-21-2011, 11:35 AM
A bit chewy. Might need a fork.

foxyboy1964
12-21-2011, 12:00 PM
LOL, you're a man after my own heart, LF.

K_Freddie
12-21-2011, 12:39 PM
I prefer honey... it's a sticky mess and it tastes so good on the honey pot.

I've heard horlicks comes with a health hazard, so it might be risky with anything.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

raaaid
12-21-2011, 07:11 PM
you would need a mom like mine

she switched my caffo by decafenited

oh if only i hadnt found out

Ba5tard5word
12-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Why would you quit caffeine? It really doesn't do anything bad to you, if you have heart trouble then it can put your heart rate and blood pressure a bit too high but it doesn't give your chronic heart/blood pressure problems from what I know. But for me having caffeine in the morning does make it harder for me to fall asleep at night, and I don't like dealing with caffeine headaches. But when I've tried quitting caffeine I feel super tired all day even after being off it a couple months.

Anyway here are some good non-alcoholic, non-caffeine "cocktail" suggestions:

- ginger beer with a slice of lime or lemon squeezed in and thrown in

- sparkling water mixed with grape juice and a slice of lime squeezed in and thrown in

- pure cranberry juice mixed with water, with a slice of lime squeezed in and thrown in