PDA

View Full Version : just played the game

rosncreutzOrden
11-08-2007, 03:44 PM
anyway through people that know people that know people sort of deal a guy here got a copy. I got to play maybe an hour but just to confirm it definately lives up to the hype. The controls are really easy to get ahold of and the combat really has a viceral feel to it. They do a good job giving you the feeling of running those guys through like you see in the screens. So no new info that hasn't been said already really other than it's alot of fun. Definately can't wait to pick up my copy on wednesday.

rosncreutzOrden
11-08-2007, 03:44 PM
anyway through people that know people that know people sort of deal a guy here got a copy. I got to play maybe an hour but just to confirm it definately lives up to the hype. The controls are really easy to get ahold of and the combat really has a viceral feel to it. They do a good job giving you the feeling of running those guys through like you see in the screens. So no new info that hasn't been said already really other than it's alot of fun. Definately can't wait to pick up my copy on wednesday.

robert_brownny
11-08-2007, 03:50 PM
So you have a copy, or you don't?

P_Gryffin101
11-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Where did you get to play it?

Opticaly
11-08-2007, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rosncreutzOrden:
Definately can't wait to pick up my copy on wednesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robert_brownny:
So you have a copy, or you don't? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

robert_brownny
11-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Ok, ok...details.....details....details

rosncreutzOrden
11-08-2007, 03:57 PM
no I don't, one of the guys at work does and he brought it in today to play.

Opticaly
11-08-2007, 03:58 PM
How'd he get it? :S

robert_brownny
11-08-2007, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rosncreutzOrden:
no I don't, one of the guys at work does and he brought it in today to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, ok...tell us more about the gameplay.....details, details....

rosncreutzOrden
11-08-2007, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How'd he get it? :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
One of the perks of being in the industry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif All I'll say about that.

Anyway I dunno what I can say about gameplay that hasn't been already. I didn't play long enough to do the horse at all, just went through all the beginning stuff. The story feels like it will really be in depth from the little I saw which was refreshing. The main thing that surprised me was how good the controls felt. I was playing with a bunch of guys watching and going in for a kill really illicited alot of cringing behind me. They really got that sense of "ah, that's gotta hurt" feeling which I didn't get as much through the videos.

robert_brownny
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Tell your friend we all hate him for having the game so soon... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

chewie1890
11-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Explain the Sci-Fi element, revealed in the first five minutes of gaming, no?

rosncreutzOrden
11-08-2007, 04:17 PM
haha no way I'm going to be the one to spoil that. But yeah the first part of the game is a cut scene with the all the sci-fi stuff. If you read through the forums you'll get a pretty good idea. I wasn't really surprised by it or anything.

Strikefromabove
11-08-2007, 07:13 PM
One question...do you die if you jump in the water.. because all of the developer controlled demos people have been instructed to stay away...I would like to know what happens very much.

madanath
11-08-2007, 09:46 PM
This guy isnt giving me enough reason to believe him. He didnt state anything new and i bet many people would like to know the sci-fi element now so id like to see him make a thread explaining it.

MNewman15
11-08-2007, 09:58 PM
My biggest, and only fear really about the game is the controls. What are the button layouts, how do you do things, I know you said it was easy but like, is it awkward at all? Please go in depth I would really like to know.

sweetlou280
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I played the game today too, the main character's name is Altair and he has a cool hidden blade...and it takes place in the umm third crusade.
Prove to me that you played bro. Anyone can pull that

rosncreutzOrden
11-08-2007, 11:30 PM
sigh...first off it's of no consequence if anyone believes me. These post are for info and help and just to confirm that it is indeed a cool game and you won't be let down, I could care less about bragging about it. Anyway..

Controls...for 360

holding down the right trigger will switch modes to more agressive. ie..pushing foward will walk, foward with A will do a slow walk, but holding foward with A and right trigger will put you into aggressive run mode and free running. So to free run you basically hold down A and the RT and just point where you want to go with the L stick.

fighting...you hold down the left trigger to "lock on" to someone that you want to fight. once you're locked on you hit X to swing whatever weapon you've chosen with the directional pad. holding the right trigger while fighting puts you into a defensive stance and this is where i found all the cool combo kills to come out of. It was a little tricky at first to keep locking on to different people while your surrounded. I went in to defense mode and then would lock on whoever was about to attack to take them down. Attacking first leaves you pretty open from behind.
You can attack with the hidden blade whenever you want but I wouldn't recommend it. I did pull off one kill when a soldier was fighting someone else. Walked up and stabbed him right in the face which was pretty gruesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

No idea about the water thing, I didn't make it to acre.

SPOILERS -- major ones, don't read unless you want to ruin the first part.
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">
Lets see....at the beginning you don't have the short sword..guessing that comes after a bit. You start off doing your botched mission and then going back to maysef to help out against the templar who raid it after you tried to kill their leader. Altair dies..ie you get killed by the head assassin as punishment and that's as far as I made it.

Sci-fi thing.

You start the game off as desmond in the lab and then you pop back out to desmond after you die so I'm assuming you get restarted back in before that or something and lose your status instead of them killing you. As for the rest of the stuff it's the same thing we've all been talking about, genetic memeory etc..everybody around me was talking while it was going on so I didn't hear all the conversations. What's her face Lucy is a scientist there when you start.

Anyway there, spoiled it for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif As I said it wasn't much of a surprise after all that's been leaked.

</span>

sweetlou280
11-08-2007, 11:40 PM
wow I heard about all of that stuff in video interviews.....

Lost_Control303
11-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Bugger <span class="ev_code_WHITE">he dies.</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

dd22cowboys
11-08-2007, 11:50 PM
1. are you sure altair dies? or do they just cut his...erm..face? Cus ive seens pics of him with a scar on his lip, and how would he "regain his rank" (as said in tons of previews) if hes dead?

2. When you play Desmond, do you get to run around as him like altair? Or is it just cutscene like stuff?

thx for the info

numnutz13
11-09-2007, 03:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">wow I heard about all of that stuff in video interviews..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
same here, but it's usually best to just ignore it and forget about it cause the only ways he can prove it are NOT going to happen and you have no proof to say he is lying, all you can say is that he doesn't have proof

lostassassin123
11-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Don`t read my post, if You avoid SPOILERS:
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">So Altair dies!!!!!Damn, he pretends to be God of War!!!!
Why did I read That?!?!???!!!Dammit!</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

MasterNeilson
11-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Your a bunch of <span class="ev_code_RED">****</span> asking for the story, you can't even wait 4 ****ing days!! OMFG

please keep posts in good taste

lostassassin123
11-09-2007, 05:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MasterNeilson:
Your a bunch of <span class="ev_code_RED">****</span> asking for the story, you can't even wait 4 ****ing days!! OMFG </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LoL I know!!!
But I can`t stop!!!!!Now i feel like I'm finding out too much about the game and I wanna stop reading previews and watching interwiews and reviews but i CAN'T!How can You hold Yourself? xD

LiTos456
11-09-2007, 05:38 AM
i just wanna know 2 things:

what happens when you die?
and about freerun, do you just press a button and let go of the controller (which is..lame?) or do you press buttons to grab jump etc.?

PS i decided not to read that post he made in white cuz i really want to play and find out myself :P

MiniAssasin
11-09-2007, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dd22cowboys:
1. are you sure altair dies? or do they just cut his...erm..face? Cus ive seens pics of him with a scar on his lip, and how would he "regain his rank" (as said in tons of previews) if hes dead?

2. When you play Desmond, do you get to run around as him like altair? Or is it just cutscene like stuff?

thx for the info </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so basically the dude above you blanked the writingout and you went ahead and wrote it for others who didnt want to know

well ***in done

MasterNeilson
11-09-2007, 06:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dd22cowboys:

thx for the info </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so basically the dude above you blanked the writingout and you went ahead and wrote it for others who didnt want to know

well ***in done </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I know his a genious huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

MiniAssasin
11-09-2007, 06:41 AM
im not even angry coz of the spoiler personally. because i already knew, and i had chosen to find out.

but i know others make it their mission to not find out the storyt and they want to experience it themselves.

rosncreutzOrden
11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
yeah it's hard to warrent being to mad though as being in a post like this I would expect to find spoilers so it's almost asking for it.

Anyway answers to the questions.

for the freerun you have to hold all the buttons down. if you let go of the trigger he'll slow down to a hop and then start walking with his hands folded again. but there isn't any button for jumping or anything but I'm pretty sure all this has been told already too.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">
Yeah I'm pretty sure he dies, I guess I don't know for sure but you get stabbed in the stomach with a pretty big knife causing you to de-sync pulling back out to desmond.

You can walk around some as desmond but it's mostly just pushing buttons to activate scripted sequences like listening in on conversations and such. Nothing altair like but I've only seen 2 of them.
</span>

But anyway I think the game's been pretty thoroughly spoiled before this as they leaked almost everything and it's been speculated about in other posts. For those that need some weird proof I actually played it I think most stuff has been given away previously so not much I can do there. I mainly just started this to let everyone know it was a blast to play and that any fears I had about it were put to rest. Now to just avoid reading that art book thread that spoils the end for you as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VampiricGranny
11-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Seriously...
About 2 of you ******s just shouted out the story without even making the font blend in with the background...

Sure, spoil it for those who want it all you want, but not for everyone else

People like lostassassin123 for example, used white font.
God bless them? =P

dd22cowboys
11-09-2007, 05:17 PM
avert your eyes then.thx for posting rosn, you could have just went home and left those of us who want to hear about the game in the dark. Bless you for sharing the wealth! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

mefninja
11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
lies!

lostassassin123
11-10-2007, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mefninja:
lies! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep!
He lies!
Don`t believe him!
Proof (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2661024606)
In that link You can enter the walkthrough...
I (Suddenly) watched the ending, and You lied loser.
Go get a life http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

isah_505
11-12-2007, 02:07 AM
this guys fkin talkin ****

JACKREAPER564
11-12-2007, 07:41 AM
spoiler

* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">altair does not dies </span>

*<span class="ev_code_WHITE">when the master stabs him he returns to the anonimus the machine thats linked with desmond </span>

*<span class="ev_code_WHITE">when they put desmond back in the machine and altair apears he says to the master (dint you stabbed me and the master says no you saw what i wanted you to see)</span>

so there you have it **

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gifTHE REAPER IS BACK http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

sickcough
11-12-2007, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
Explain the Sci-Fi element, revealed in the first five minutes of gaming, no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The movement is epic, more fluid than anything I've seen although the fluidity feels like it comes at the expense of user input (i.e. you use the left joystick to run and hold right trigger and A and it's basically auto-do anything. Same with combat YOU have to make it interesting, once you get counter attack.. every guy just stares at you while you kill his friends one at a time with a pre-determined random animation. It's kind of disappointing here but so far I've been very happy with the rooftop portion.

***** SPOILER *****
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">You play as desmond miles a descendant of Altair. A group of scientists have a machine called an Animus that looks at your DNA or more specifically genetic memory. You go through Altair's life trying to find information they're looking for.. this is the entire theme of the game. You have what is called a sync bar.. it's also your health bar if you deviate too far from Altair's life or you die.. the Animus reloads the latest 'strong' memory (checkpoint).</span>