PDA

View Full Version : Black Sea Problem

wm4668
02-25-2007, 04:22 AM
I have recently started a career in the Black Sea using a Type IId, just for the fun of it. The little Duck is quite a good boat, cetainly better than the IIa which I tried for 3 Patrols in my very first Vanilla career. Having upgraded to a Flakzweiling, I'm managing to take out a few Coastal tankers and Trawlers etc without wasting valuable eels. However, I seem to have a wee problem which I wonder if it might be a problem with a particular class of enemy vessel.

My previous sojourn into the Black Sea was in a pre GWX career which on upgrading I continued without many glitches until transferring to Costanza with my then current Type IXb. Every time I encountered a Type 7Y destroyer and they opened fire on me, I would CTD. At the time I put this down to the fact that this was a Pre GWX career and using a Type IXb which having read the Manual, was not used in the Black Sea. Imagine my annoyance at having another CTD when being attacked by - you guessed it - a Type 7y. Interesting I have sunk one of the offending 7ys without them detecting me, so wonder whether it's something to do with the sound files or something used by that ship.

Any ideas?

wm4668
02-25-2007, 04:22 AM
I have recently started a career in the Black Sea using a Type IId, just for the fun of it. The little Duck is quite a good boat, cetainly better than the IIa which I tried for 3 Patrols in my very first Vanilla career. Having upgraded to a Flakzweiling, I'm managing to take out a few Coastal tankers and Trawlers etc without wasting valuable eels. However, I seem to have a wee problem which I wonder if it might be a problem with a particular class of enemy vessel.

My previous sojourn into the Black Sea was in a pre GWX career which on upgrading I continued without many glitches until transferring to Costanza with my then current Type IXb. Every time I encountered a Type 7Y destroyer and they opened fire on me, I would CTD. At the time I put this down to the fact that this was a Pre GWX career and using a Type IXb which having read the Manual, was not used in the Black Sea. Imagine my annoyance at having another CTD when being attacked by - you guessed it - a Type 7y. Interesting I have sunk one of the offending 7ys without them detecting me, so wonder whether it's something to do with the sound files or something used by that ship.

Any ideas?

WilhelmSchulz.
02-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Same problem here

wm4668
03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Tried using 1.02 patch, as it stated gun fix solving some CTD problems - no good. Rather sad really as I'm considering deserting the Black Sea due to the constant CTDs

Hoatee
03-03-2007, 01:18 PM
It's not so much a problem with a particular class of enemy vessel as it may be due to the fact that the Type 7Y destroyer is one of the many vessels that have been added to the stock game by third parties.

The Graf Spee is another (I don't have GWX installed by the way) and has a nasty habit of being fired on by my very own gun crew. This was in a mission I made, set I think after the historical date of her scuttling (I haven't messed around with the date since its creation). So it's almost as if my crew were remarking 'Ahoy there me mateys, you shoudn't be here' and then go about trying to sink her.

Perhaps it is a property and/or parameter altered with the author having overlooked a negative con sequence of events.