PDA

View Full Version : Private games on the PS3? How?

Doc.Canis
06-30-2009, 12:21 PM
I am a member of a community of PS3 gamers with around 500 members. We have a lot of gaming nights and I can see this fantastic game becomming one of our favorites. But how do I set up a private game (doesn't have to be ranked) for just friends?

I'm on the PS3

Doc.Canis
06-30-2009, 12:21 PM
I am a member of a community of PS3 gamers with around 500 members. We have a lot of gaming nights and I can see this fantastic game becomming one of our favorites. But how do I set up a private game (doesn't have to be ranked) for just friends?

I'm on the PS3

Doc.Canis
07-01-2009, 04:45 AM
UBI... answer this question. It's a fairly basic feature of a shooter on the PS3, being able to set up your own games with friends.

indysolo
07-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Had the same question last night when I played with my Bro’s. You can not invite friends, so that sucks. However, you can create and search for games. So what we did was have one friend create a specific game (ranked, map, etc.) and as soon as it was created we search for that criteria and joined the game. It is not as user friendly as other online games, but it works. We use Skype to talk, so it was easy to coordinate.

Hope this helps,

Doc.Canis
07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by indysolo:
Had the same question last night when I played with my Bro’s. You can not invite friends, so that sucks. However, you can create and search for games. So what we did was have one friend create a specific game (ranked, map, etc.) and as soon as it was created we search for that criteria and joined the game. It is not as user friendly as other online games, but it works. We use Skype to talk, so it was easy to coordinate.

Hope this helps, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually you can invite friends, when you create an unranked match http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But still anyone can join it as well.

indysolo
07-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Really? How do you invite them? I did not see see anything where you can invite friends?

Doc.Canis
07-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Press start and then square for options. In unranked games there will be a friend invite option and also an option to accept invites.