PDA

View Full Version : So, will we be listened to this time?

RaZoRFINNISH
06-16-2011, 06:20 PM
This is the most important thing, it's the most important thing for the success of a game. Of course, mod tools and a proper (FULL for PC) map editor and of course mod tools are a must too, but you need to listen to the community otherwise, too. Do not think that the producer/lead designer of the game are gods that know everything that the community wants.

My fears are that, the destiny of this game (And the community.) is to die in a year - like Far Cry 2.

Also, Ubisoft, can't you really do a small favor? Get a damn employee registered on your own forums and make him discuss about things on the forums. Do it and be like a damn proper game publisher / developer, not like that deaf, careless one you were when FC2 was in development.

RaZoRFINNISH
06-16-2011, 06:20 PM
This is the most important thing, it's the most important thing for the success of a game. Of course, mod tools and a proper (FULL for PC) map editor and of course mod tools are a must too, but you need to listen to the community otherwise, too. Do not think that the producer/lead designer of the game are gods that know everything that the community wants.

My fears are that, the destiny of this game (And the community.) is to die in a year - like Far Cry 2.

Also, Ubisoft, can't you really do a small favor? Get a damn employee registered on your own forums and make him discuss about things on the forums. Do it and be like a damn proper game publisher / developer, not like that deaf, careless one you were when FC2 was in development.

spinetooth
06-18-2011, 06:35 PM
dude not every suggestion in the forums is a good one. There are plenty of things that people don't know about making games that are huge factors in their development, like money, time, producer's approval, what the engine is designed to do and what it isn't. It's not like they can do whatever they want. Just because Ubi doesn't put in some things doesn't mean they ignore their fans. I don't think any gaming company that wants to survive would do that.

BTW Far Cry 2 didn't die in a year. It took three years for it to end, and that's because Modern Warfare 2 came out so everyone moved onto the next shooter.

Mr_Shade
06-19-2011, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razorfinnish:

Also, Ubisoft, can't you really do a small favor? Get a damn employee registered on your own forums and make him discuss about things on the forums. Do it and be like a damn proper game publisher / developer, not like that deaf, careless one you were when FC2 was in development. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just in case you are unaware..

When a title is being developed - the devs do read these forums, daily, however as stated above, not every suggestion posted is a good one, or feasible to add to a game.

When the title is announced / near release it's also important that I point out that a member of the team does post and look at peoples reactions to news, ideas, and actively seek feedback from you guys, they are a Com Dev [Community Developer] - for FC2 - you had the lovly Kimi - this time it will be someone different due to her moving on to a different game.

That person is yet to be made public on the forum, but I'm sure they will pop in to say hello soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Feedback on game modes and other things such as bugs, is always welcome at any time - it's vitial that bugs and other issues when the game is released are reported though - not only on these forums, but via the correct method - Ubisoft Support..

Support take those issues, collate them and feed them back to the Dev team directly..

I joined the company after FC2 was released, however I have sent in many feedback reports, as has your other Forum Manager - Blackwidow..

So don't feel like your issues are not seen - they are, however not everything that everyone wants, can make it into a game..

You have a great team of Developers - I for one trust them to make the best title they can, in keeping with the FC universe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif