PDA

View Full Version : New player and cut scenes

Loino
08-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Ok guys the concept of the game is great, genetic menories and all that stuff, so Davinci Code. But seriously i installed the game yesterday no problems with that. What is irritating is the 30 plus minutes of cut scenes before you actually get to go in the game and do something. There has to be a way to blow past the cut scenes, i am so tired of watching the cut scenes. I dont care about the movie, i want to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people. The whole office scene and animus explination, dont care, i want to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people. Figuring out what the mystery of the orginization involving the animus don't care, i want to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people. So if this is what you have planned for AC 2 i can assure you that unless there is more emphisis on i want, to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people, and less on insignifigant story lines i probably will have to give it a pass. At least allow some sort of a way to click through the cut scenes as i dont really care i want to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people. It is like a fancy dinner sometimes folks get so hung up on the presentation they forget that it is supposed to be eaten.

God someone please help me with these annoying cut scenes and office time for lack of a better word.

Loino
08-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Ok guys the concept of the game is great, genetic menories and all that stuff, so Davinci Code. But seriously i installed the game yesterday no problems with that. What is irritating is the 30 plus minutes of cut scenes before you actually get to go in the game and do something. There has to be a way to blow past the cut scenes, i am so tired of watching the cut scenes. I dont care about the movie, i want to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people. The whole office scene and animus explination, dont care, i want to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people. Figuring out what the mystery of the orginization involving the animus don't care, i want to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people. So if this is what you have planned for AC 2 i can assure you that unless there is more emphisis on i want, to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people, and less on insignifigant story lines i probably will have to give it a pass. At least allow some sort of a way to click through the cut scenes as i dont really care i want to scale the walls like spiderman and kill people. It is like a fancy dinner sometimes folks get so hung up on the presentation they forget that it is supposed to be eaten.

God someone please help me with these annoying cut scenes and office time for lack of a better word.

Xanatos2007
08-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Maybe you won't find the story so annoying if you actually try paying attention to it. Who knows, maybe you might learn something?

EmperorxZurg
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
then get spiderman and kill people, the game is intruiging and most of us like the cutscenes and story with the game, sure it's a bit hard the second time, but ya they're going to do it again for the second and I am personally for it

Iskander_Estel
08-03-2009, 11:03 PM
jajaja, that's fun, well half of Assassins Creed is the history line... so you're losing half of a great game... and if you expect less cinemas on AC2 you're going to have a hell

Loino
08-03-2009, 11:11 PM
All i want to be able to do is skip the cut scenes. I bought this game because of the presentation of scaling the walls like spiderman and killing people, if they had shown me the office and animus crap in any of the game videos i would have probably passed on this title. I thought i was buying one thing and i find it is something else. Supposed to be a free roam game but i cant leave the fortress. I figured that once i was in the game i would just go explore, avoid the whole animus deal as long as i can, your stuck in the fortress. I have been reading the forums and i find out there is some pen i gotta steal and some emails i gotta read....? The game is so cool the free run mode, the hidden blades, climbing up a wall and taunting the idiots on the ground, man thats awesome. Then you come back to the office and have to listen the the characters in there go on and on and on. Lets get back to the cool stuff, the stuff i bought the game for in the first place. Less talking more walking. Less chilling more killing. Have you aquired my drift? All i want to do is be able to click through the cut scenes and get to the cool stuff. does anyone who is willing to answer know how to do that? Or do you treat them like commercials during a baseball game, you know go get a fresh beer, take a leak, allow your wife to speak, and hopefully when you come back the game is on.

Iskander_Estel
08-03-2009, 11:26 PM
you can't skip the scenes

and you should look at more than just a trailer before buying a game

Edengoth
08-03-2009, 11:27 PM
The designers keep sayin that's what's different in ac2. Less of the stuff that's repetitive and turned people off to the first game. And more action, less dialogue-engorged cutscenes.

Grimm-X67
08-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Don't buy the game then, and just so you know in the future: Video games are NOT like movies, Videogames you have to look at MORE than the trailer, you have to look at gameplay videos and so forth.

thekyle0
08-04-2009, 07:42 AM
You have to do the story to unlock more of the world. It's not like TES oblivion.

Danvish
08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
You have to do the story to unlock more of the world. It's not like TES oblivion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad game... such a waste of money... morrowind however...

Truth is, I wish you could cut through the starting scene, with the ubi logo and "This fiction was work of all religious". Not that I don't respect it, I very much do, but it gets annoying reading it all over again.

MeAltairLol
08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">scale the walls like spiderman and kill people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Officially the worst set of words, ever.

EmperorxZurg
08-04-2009, 11:14 AM
seriously just get Spiderman dang it! and the others are right do some more research next time, and u actually can stay out of the animus, after the fortress scene u go out into the kingdom and u can freeroam there as much as u want, it brings u back after u assassinate the people, but if u dont like it then just leave and stop trying to hate on it

Realjambo
08-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Loino- welcome to the forums.

It's always worth running your idea for a topic through the 'FIND' facility to see if it has already been covered.

Pros and cons of cut-scenes has been debated many times before here - both for AC1 and AC2. You are welcome to your opinion of course, but I will now close this thread before it becomes even more of a flame fest.