PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed... How long will it last?

LordWolv
12-01-2011, 11:21 AM
However much we hate it, all good things must come to an end. We can deny it, but we all know we'll have to say goodbye to AC sometime. I was wondering, when do you think the game will end? Of course we all hope it will have a lifetime like CoD (Which looks like it's absolutely nowhere near an end), but realistically what do you think?

kriegerdesgottes
12-01-2011, 11:26 AM
For me and I think many others, that all depends on how good ACIII is.

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I have no idea, but I voted 9.
I see no reason why this game can't continue like Final Fantasy, Zelda & the COD's you mention.

Imo, AC has alot more material to work with in creating new scenarios and stories - COD is pretty limited being one type of game only.

If they do this well, it could surpass 9.

S-EVANS
12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
The longest running franchise is mario developed in 1981 which is three decades of gaming however mario whilst still maintaining a fanbase has/is dropping...

Assassins creed title wise is around or close to resident evil which both are a million miles from things like sonic the hedgehog...

honestly unless this turns into a status symbol we be lucky to go beyond another trilogy (2 at the most)

im going to place money on 1more myself so this trilogy thus far has 4 titles and lets assume 1 more (nah im going to be kind - 2more) so thats 6 titles....

im voting more based on the above. but i think its going to be squeezed alot.

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I have a question where this is concerned - what the fans say they like or not (and I see this alot w/ complaints about COD since I do alot of review reading on games - -

But it confuses me when game fans want another game made, but when the game comes out, they complain if it's similar to the ones before it.
Yet when developers change stuff, people complain that they're moving away from the essence of what the game is.
Like they're changing things & it makes fans angry. How do you progress a game if the fans keep your hands tied for venturing out?

kriegerdesgottes
12-01-2011, 11:53 AM
It's true you can't please everyone but in this particular case the issue that many have is that yes we want ac games to continue of course but we want them to take more than freaking 10 months to make it so we can have a real successor to AC1 and AC2. ACB and ACR are good games but they are not on par imo with the first two games.

VexedRelic
12-01-2011, 12:02 PM
There was supposed to be only 3 games to the story, so I think AC3 will be the last. However they may push out two additional standalone expansions after just like how they did with Brotherhood and Revelations, where the last game could be all about an open world Desmond game with absolutely no animus or ancestors.

Also I think from a technical standpoint they will try to wrap up and end Desmond's story by 2014-2015 since the new consoles should be out then.

S-EVANS
12-01-2011, 12:05 PM
COD actually did very well call of duty modern warfare was released ages before modern warfareII, however in the case of the third game a very important factor played a huge role in the release of the third...

most of the development team left the company to work for codemaster i think it was (dont quote me there) and im not checking, anyway the fact they left forces the old development team to cash in on the game engine, graphics engine, blah blah blah...

fans on a new game which took a long time to create love that and why not, but that took a lot of cash and the budget for MW games are like stupid figures (again dont quote 11million+) making games using the same materials is cost effective but doesnt stun the crowds like a total overall.

if fans shout i want more, the devs say give em more then we make something new. in the biggest of games the residing factor is kids, mario and sonic are characters that make kids laugh and enjoy, and kids are easy to please they like simple colourful things...

adults want perfection, and that doesnt exsist. another side of the coin comes from people not understanding what it actually takes to create a brand new fresh game.

its a cat and mouse game the developers change what they can in a short time period to accomadate the fan base, knowing it wont please them all, and the fans are either fanboys or dissapointed veterans...

albertwesker22
12-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
It's true you can't please everyone but in this particular case the issue that many have is that yes we want ac games to continue of course but we want them to take more than freaking 10 months to make it so we can have a real successor to AC1 and AC2. ACB and ACR are good games but they are not on par imo with the first two games.

Well its been said that after AC 3, the devs will be allowed more time. Honestly though, in my humble opinion AC R and AC B have much more depth than AC 2.

I am still amazed that the only side missions AC 2 had were beat up random husband, mail delivery and a theif race(Thank god for Assassination contracts). ACB and ACR did more with less.

LordWolv
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't think I can make a valid decision until after ACIII. It really depends if at the end of ACIII Ubisoft are still 'closing', instead of 'opening' up a bit more.

rocketxsurgeon
12-01-2011, 12:12 PM
It depends what Ubisoft intend to do.
It can only go up to the present day, unless the animus can eventually see the future, lol.

There is potential to make it last, maybe not with the characters we have at the present, but it's possible.

SweetsMachineGun
12-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I feel like Desmond's story should be complete at the end of ACIII; but I would love to see future games with new protagonists. : )

Joker-Faces
12-01-2011, 05:24 PM
While I feel that Desmond's story will close in ACIII (atleast, we'll stop playing as him), I think the franchise will continue on longer after that. There are literally dozens upon dozens of time periods and conflicts to explore, either in new games, movies, comics, novels, or other projects (a la Project Legacy). Hopefully, it will last a long, long time.

rileypoole1234
12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I think that AC3 will be Desmond's last.

MajorMinus
12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Joker-Faces:
While I feel that Desmond's story will close in ACIII (atleast, we'll stop playing as him), I think the franchise will continue on longer after that. There are literally dozens upon dozens of time periods and conflicts to explore, either in new games, movies, comics, novels, or other projects (a la Project Legacy). Hopefully, it will last a long, long time.
this ^.

AssassinTrio
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I think they should bring back the style of AC1. It was classical, vintage, and it was original. The people who are not huge fans of the AC series like AC1 the most. If Ubisoft helps get that image back of AC1, more people would probably buy their games. After all, AC1 and AC2 were top sellers.

MajorMinus
12-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I can see 2 more after ACIII. They won't drag it on like cod. Hopefully http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Agentbarto
12-02-2011, 12:28 AM
While I hope they have established a solid series the likes of Mario or Zelda, I think whether we get any more than the post-Desmond cycle depends entirely upon how well crafted the products are perceived to be, both by Ubi and especially the consumers. That being said I say 6 definitely but in theory 10+

SolidSage
12-02-2011, 01:07 AM
There are so many franchises that have been around for more than a decade, I was playing Prince of Persia on a Gamegear in the 80's. Metal Gear is what 15, how about Zelda?

Creed is better than ALL of them, or at least has had the same impact in the modern era as those other titles did in their emergence time.

The big difference is that Creed has released 4 episodes in half the time of the others, and quality, on a game for game basis, in comparson to the quality with other franchise sequels, is on par or above.

Residential Evil 2 wasn't more better than it's predecessor than AC2 was when compared to AC1.

Look how populated this forum is in comparison to others, even if it's people complaining, they're here because they are passionate about the game.
Careers are made off of this game. It's not a game, it's an entity and it's not going anywhere.

Assassin_M
12-02-2011, 01:50 AM
They can make 3000 of these http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Agentbarto
12-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
how about Zelda?

Creed is better than ALL of them, or at least has had the same impact in the modern era as those other titles did in their emergence time.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/images/smilies/onion/dies.gif

Riften
12-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by VexedRelic:
There was supposed to be only 3 games to the story, so I think AC3 will be the last. However they may push out two additional standalone expansions after just like how they did with Brotherhood and Revelations, where the last game could be all about an open world Desmond game with absolutely no animus or ancestors.

Also I think from a technical standpoint they will try to wrap up and end Desmond's story by 2014-2015 since the new consoles should be out then.

But AC3 is ending Desmonds story arc....

DavisP92
12-02-2011, 05:56 PM
They can keep making more if they keep improving but they need to fix some of the dumbest things for the game. Like the walking tank issue and how it's not stealthy at all, in terms of commen sense

crash3
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I think there is so much to explore, the series shouldnt end with desmonds story, there should be other modern day assassin reliving the memories of their ancestors as part of the effort against the templars in this on going, secretive war

There are so many historical periods, places and people to explore, I think the AC series can easily release as many games as COD has

SnazzyPanic
12-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Well there is soo many things they could do with it AC3 won't be the last http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rd820
12-02-2011, 07:44 PM
they will probably make another trilogy for the next generation consoles and other games like brotherhood and revelations to go with it but if they dont finish desmonds story in the next game i wouldnt keep buying them the story is startin to drag out a bit

reini03
12-03-2011, 04:29 AM
AC III certainly won't be the last game in the series. Try this: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12...an-carry-on-forever/ (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/03/ubisoft-assassins-creed-franchise-can-carry-on-forever/)

“Assassin’s Creed is a big brand not just for us, but for the industry,” Ubisoft senior VP of sales and marketing Tony Key told [a]list. “The meta story is supposed to be carried on forever. [...]"

dxsxhxcx
12-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
I think there is so much to explore, the series shouldnt end with desmonds story, there should be other modern day assassin reliving the memories of their ancestors as part of the effort against the templars in this on going, secretive war

There are so many historical periods, places and people to explore, I think the AC series can easily release as many games as COD has

I think after Desmond' story ends they should just make games without the animus, what'll be the excuse to use another modern day assassin, another end of the world?!

IMO this would bring that feeling: Hey, I already did that before!! What would be really boring..

the only modern day "assassin" I would like to see is S16, how was his life at Abstergo, he hacking the animus, etc (the modern parts would probably be similar to AC1 until the moment he dies), and some of his ancestors (the more important ones, and Adam or Eve, of course, I still want to play that memory from the truth video)..

playassassins1
12-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Somewhere i saw/read that they CAN do 35 AC games, but it won't be a thing that will be for sure. I hope they will do More AC games than 9.

Lurker178
12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Desmond's story should end in AC3, but I can see Ubisoft continuing the series even after his story arc is complete. Hopefully, they won't resort to making more AC games under those harsh 1-year deadlines.

rileypoole1234
12-03-2011, 12:24 PM
I can see one other Desmond type series with another character after AC3. New main character, and three new ancestor, which would be three more main games with one or two offshoots like ACB and ACR.

EdgeR44
12-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by VexedRelic:

I agree. I believe the series will have the same fate as Prince of Persia. I know Prince of Persia existed a long time ago in the 80s but Ubisoft took control of it only recently. Released a trilogy and was never able to really carry the game into newer consoles.

And I certainly expect Desmond's story to mostly end in AC III. Of course I definitely expect the writers to leave a bunch of stuff unsolved and up to the imagination.