PDA

View Full Version : Can't get 1946 dvd to install on win7 64bit machine.. help?

DocSigma
01-02-2010, 02:09 AM
I can't get the dvd to install. It will not auto run the setup file thats required to run the installation. I tried running it directly off the dvd and still it won't open. I tr4ied running it as admin and in xp sp3 mode and still it didn't run. Any help would be great. I know my dvd drive is working fine.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">I fixed your Title, and moved post to Community help, and placed a shortcut back to GD so you will be able to find it.</span>

DocSigma
01-02-2010, 02:09 AM
I can't get the dvd to install. It will not auto run the setup file thats required to run the installation. I tried running it directly off the dvd and still it won't open. I tr4ied running it as admin and in xp sp3 mode and still it didn't run. Any help would be great. I know my dvd drive is working fine.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">I fixed your Title, and moved post to Community help, and placed a shortcut back to GD so you will be able to find it.</span>

T_O_A_D
01-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Long ago, we used to see this before DVD and using CD burner's.

We used to recommend copying entire disc, to a folder on desktop, and then running the setup exe from there.

WhiteSnake_76
01-02-2010, 04:49 AM
Just browse the Disk for a.exe and run it as Administrator (Make Sure you Do Not Install the game in ProgramFiles(x86).

Install it in C:\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 or even better on a difrent drive if you have that.

That way you avoid problems later on as Windows Vista and 7 try to protect files installed into Programfiles against changes.

And read this post also wich should be of help to you also:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...9310655/m/2861000908 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/2861000908)

TheWitty97
01-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't know if will help or not but recently I upgraded to Win7 and I couldn't get 1946 to install correctly. I tried everything. Finally, I just installed it on my laptop running WinXP, patched it to 4.09, and burned the entire IL2 game directory to DVD. I copy and pasted the directory onto my Win7 hard drive and it works just fine....

DocSigma
01-14-2010, 07:14 AM
I did get it to work on win7 64 bit. What i did was to browse the CD and I bypassed the setup.exe, which would not open or do anything, so there is an executable on the 1946 DVD entitled A:/ and i just ran that and it installed no problem. This works and gets around problems with the installer on win7 this DVD suffers from.