PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Revelations pushed back for PC

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Proof (http://kotaku.com/5845232/assassins-creed-revelations-delayed-to-december-for-pc) Check out the link, I don't play on PC, but I hope they don't push it back further for you guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Proof (http://kotaku.com/5845232/assassins-creed-revelations-delayed-to-december-for-pc) Check out the link, I don't play on PC, but I hope they don't push it back further for you guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

NewBlade200
09-29-2011, 05:16 PM
What a surprise. I did not expect this at all. Never. I was expecting them to release it on the same day without DRM. They may have even sent chocolate and an apology letter for all the previous times they delayed it and had DRM. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

And strippers.

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
What a surprise. I did not expect this at all. Never. I was expecting them to release it on the same day without DRM. They may have even sent chocolate and an apology letter for all the previous times they delayed it and had DRM. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

And strippers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love how you added that last little bit in.

SixKeys
09-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Congratulations, Ubi. You can officially go **** yourselves. Never pre-ordering anything from you again.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Lol?

Over-reaction.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Lol?

Over-reaction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
indeed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Look, not liking that the date was pushed back is okay and all, but why do you have to over-react to the game being delayed?

Hell, people are already (replace with expletive) about the DRM, and nothing on that has even been released yet. And judging by Brotherhood's DRM, it won't have the requirement of being online past the first registration.

'sides, what are a couple of weeks to ya? I personally was going to wait until December, to hopefully get the game at a lower price in Christmas sales. Anyway, with the couple extra weeks they might add on some extra things, more then just the standard graphical upgrade.

twenty_glyphs
09-29-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't understand why so many people say it's overreacting to say you'll never preorder/buy from a company again over something like this. If this were the first time, I might agree with you. But this makes the last 3 Assassin's Creed games on PC that have been delayed and had overbearing DRM to boot. If anyone thinks this is getting delayed because of some technical issue or that they will spend the extra couple of weeks furiously adding bonus content, they are misinformed or just plain na´ve. As with Batman Arkham City, it's obvious that the games are being delayed as a measure to fight piracy. What's probably upsetting SixKeys, and would upset me as well if I played on PC, is that Ubisoft has probably known all along that they were going to do this. Yet they've constantly told people that the PC version is releasing on November 15 and have happily taken preorders for it.

Sure it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but to people who are big enough fans to be on the forums it is a big deal. Just because you were going to wait to play doesn't mean someone else hadn't already made plans to play it immediately and take a day or two off work to enjoy something they've been waiting several months for. On top of that, they obviously have to be super careful about not visiting any site that has to do with Assassin's Creed AND try to avoid the spoilers on the general Internet and amongst their friends. It makes what should be a fun event into a pain, taking a lot of the fun away.

I think all a lot of PC gamers are asking for is some respect. If a company is going to release the PC version of their game after the console version, it would be nice to feel respected and told the truth. Instead, they feel lied to when rumors surface months before the release date that the PC version will be delayed and Ubisoft says don't worry, no delay here. Then when the delay finally does come, the company doesn't even have the guts to just come out and announce it. Instead they eventually confirm the delay after the rumor circulates around for a while. Some people just don't want to give their money to a company that they feel like is lying to them, and I don't blame them.

SleezeRocker
09-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Well at least it's delayed until end of november and not for about 3 months like Brotherhood....right?

least that's what the US Gstop says O_o

SixKeys
09-30-2011, 12:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I don't understand why so many people say it's overreacting to say you'll never preorder/buy from a company again over something like this. If this were the first time, I might agree with you. But this makes the last 3 Assassin's Creed games on PC that have been delayed and had overbearing DRM to boot. If anyone thinks this is getting delayed because of some technical issue or that they will spend the extra couple of weeks furiously adding bonus content, they are misinformed or just plain na´ve. As with Batman Arkham City, it's obvious that the games are being delayed as a measure to fight piracy. What's probably upsetting SixKeys, and would upset me as well if I played on PC, is that Ubisoft has probably known all along that they were going to do this. Yet they've constantly told people that the PC version is releasing on November 15 and have happily taken preorders for it.

Sure it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but to people who are big enough fans to be on the forums it is a big deal. Just because you were going to wait to play doesn't mean someone else hadn't already made plans to play it immediately and take a day or two off work to enjoy something they've been waiting several months for. On top of that, they obviously have to be super careful about not visiting any site that has to do with Assassin's Creed AND try to avoid the spoilers on the general Internet and amongst their friends. It makes what should be a fun event into a pain, taking a lot of the fun away.

I think all a lot of PC gamers are asking for is some respect. If a company is going to release the PC version of their game after the console version, it would be nice to feel respected and told the truth. Instead, they feel lied to when rumors surface months before the release date that the PC version will be delayed and Ubisoft says don't worry, no delay here. Then when the delay finally does come, the company doesn't even have the guts to just come out and announce it. Instead they eventually confirm the delay after the rumor circulates around for a while. Some people just don't want to give their money to a company that they feel like is lying to them, and I don't blame them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ This. All of it.

I'm probably going to cancel my pre-order now. Come December, Ubisoft are just going to say "oops, did we say December? We meant March 2012". Then all the extra stuff (artwork, character cards, soundtrack and whatnot) and DLC are going to be released on the consoles several weeks before PC players have even gotten the chance to play the game. Yet they expect us to pay big bucks for all the extra content when the general public will get them weeks or even months in advance.

If they had just told us the truth from the start, or even had the cajones to announce it to the fans officially, instead of confirming it on the downlow to sites like Kotaku, hoping we wouldn't make a fuss, I wouldn't be so annoyed. But their communication is crap, and all their trailers now which mention PC among the other platforms can be called false advertising.

Chronomancy
09-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Everyone knew that this was going to happen this is old news.

Jexx21
09-30-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm still not 100% sure if this was completely completely confirmed by another UbiSoft source other than the Czech Facebook page...

Anyway, I don't see a problem with a delayed release date. We are still getting the game, after all, and that's all I could really care about, as long as it is also a good game.

dxsxhxcx
09-30-2011, 05:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
Well at least it's delayed until end of november and not for about 3 months like Brotherhood....right?

least that's what the US Gstop says O_o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can say this on december when the PC players have the game in their hands, until there, we don't know for sure when it'll be released for PC...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Anyway, I don't see a problem with a delayed release date. We are still getting the game, after all, and that's all I could really care about, as long as it is also a good game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if I'm not wrong you are the person who started playing AC after ACB was released, right?!

if you only play on PC, you should wait until next year when they release AC3, then say the PC version will be released the same day the console versions and then one month before the release date they simple say the game will be delayed and they aren't even capable to give us a new date, and then you wait, search for new info about a new date on the internet everyday, end up discovering the end of the game (or any other major spoiler) in a page that has nothing to do with AC and can't even play the damn game, then let's see how you'll feel...

now multiply this for 4 and think in those who play the game since Assassin's Creed 1 on PC and have been treated this way since AC1... (I'm not one of those, but I already felt like I was being cheated just waiting for ACB to be released on PC, imagine those who play on PC since AC1 and even PRE-ORDERED the game expecting to be released at the same date the console versions)

Jexx21
09-30-2011, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:

least that's what the US Gstop says O_o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can say this on december when the PC players have the game in their hands, until there, we don't know for sure when it'll be released for PC...

Anyway, I don't see a problem with a delayed release date. We are still getting the game, after all, and that's all I could really care about, as long as it is also a good game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if I'm not wrong you are the person who started playing AC after ACB was released, right?!

if you only play on PC, you should wait until next year when they release AC3, then say the PC version will be released the same day the console versions and then one month before the release date they simple say the game will be delayed and they aren't even capable to give us a new date, and then you wait, search for new info about a new date on the internet everyday, end up discovering the end of the game (or any other major spoiler) in a page that has nothing to do with AC and can't even play the damn game, then let's see how you'll feel...

now multiply this for 4 and think in those who play the game since Assassin's Creed 1 on PC and have been treated this way since AC1... (I'm not one of those, but I already felt like I was being cheated just waiting for ACB to be released on PC, imagine those who play on PC since AC1 and even PRE-ORDERED the game expecting to be released at the same date the console versions) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, release dates are relatively meaningless to me. I only play games on the PC seeing as I only have a PC to play games on.

Release dates are just the dates when the game comes out. Not when I get to play it. Chances are I would try to finish up with another game once I got it. I remember being so excited to get Civilization V, only to play other games for a couple weeks before I played it.

And I don't care about spoilers, I essentially read the plot for both AC2 and ACB before I could play them because I really wanted to get them after I first played AC1, but I needed to wait for my Dad to get his paycheck.

jmk1999
09-30-2011, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
Congratulations, Ubi. You can officially go **** yourselves. Never pre-ordering anything from you again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and if you continue to talk like that, you'll never post on these forums again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

AnthonyA85
09-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Well, to be frank, who can honestly say they DIDN'T see this coming? I know I can't.

I've known this was going to happen since they first announced ACR, but at least it's only a month delay this time (maybe)

And you guys do know that the forums are always, ALWAYS the last to know about these sorts of things, the game websites and mag publishers are always told this stuff weeks or months before the forums get even a hint of a possible delay. "Why?" some of you may ask? Simple. The forums, while full of Ubi's (irked) fans, also give 0 profits, so there's no real incentive for them to tell us before they tell the game sites and mag publishers. It's sad but true.

LightRey
09-30-2011, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dom1999:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
Congratulations, Ubi. You can officially go **** yourselves. Never pre-ordering anything from you again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and if you continue to talk like that, you'll never post on these forums again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*plays dramatic music*

SixKeys
09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dom1999:
and if you continue to talk like that, you'll never post on these forums again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big deal. In about two months these forums will become useless to me anyway seeing as I'll have to hide from spoilers starting November 15th until probably March next year.

CRUDFACE
09-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Okay, according to THIS (http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/assassins-creed-revelations-pc-release-delayed-until-december/) I'll come out on December the 2nd. Just to give you guys a date.

just throwing this out there, but does ubisoft ever give reasoning to stuff like this? or why they have all these versions of their game?

Jexx21
09-30-2011, 06:20 PM
I just want confirmation of there being a Digital Deluxe edition on Steam. It's the service where all my other AC games are... D: