PDA

View Full Version : Help w/patch 4.1

pdoucet
06-20-2005, 03:09 PM
The patch instructions state that in order to update the clouds you must change the setting in the config.ini file in the game directory. Well, I can't find it. Can someone please square me away???

pdoucet
06-20-2005, 03:09 PM
The patch instructions state that in order to update the clouds you must change the setting in the config.ini file in the game directory. Well, I can't find it. Can someone please square me away???

steve_v
06-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Patches come with Readmes that present some, but not all, of the changes made. From the Readme 4.01m:

New clouds

The new patch introduces brand new clouds. In order to use them you must manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, locate the [game] section and in the TypeClouds= line write in either 0 or 1, then save the file.

TypeClouds=0 - old clouds
TypeClouds=1 - new clouds

Note:
When playing online the player will see the cloud type set by the server, and not as individually set in their conf.ini. This is done to ensure all players see the same tactical situation in the air regardless of their settings.

FoolTrottel
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi, and welcome here!

For merged version: (FB-AEP-PF)
C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Il2 Forgotten Battles

For Standalone version: (Pacific Fighters)
C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Pacific Fighters

That folder contains a file named Conf.ini. (I might be mistaken, as it could also be 'Ubisoft' as opposed to 'Ubi Soft')
Open it in Notepad, then do what Steve_v said ...

It's simple, isn't it?
Yeah, once you know how to it is!

Have Fun!

pdoucet
06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I looked for the conf.ini file in the pacific fighters directory, but I couldn't find it. The configuation files that I did find did not have a "type clouds" line in the game directory.

Jetbuff
06-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Make sure that your system is not set up to hide "ini" files and set to display file extensions. The file may be hidden or listed as "conf" in each case, respectively.

pdoucet
06-20-2005, 04:23 PM
That worked.

Thanks for your help!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif