PDA

View Full Version : How the h*ll do I takeoff

machinehead_33
11-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Yo,

I just bought PF today, and everything look good.
But.....how can I takeoff!!!
I give full throttle and release the brakes, but nothing happens.
When I hit the autopilot button, I can takeoff, but I want to takeoff myself.
Anybody the answer to this (maybe stupid) question.

Thanks in return,
Joop

TX-WarHawk
11-10-2004, 08:18 AM
By brakes, do you mean the chocks? Because until now, all questions, that I read like yours, were solved by simply assigning a key to release the chokcs, in controls.

Texas LongHorn
11-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Joop, you DID map the chocks to your keyboard or stick right? It's in the ReadMe that nobody seems to read <ggg.> Map that and use them, it allows you to run up to full power without slipping on the moving deck. I mapped mine to a button on the stick but you can assign anything you want in the controls section. All the best, LongHorn

machinehead_33
11-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys, I will try it right away.
I really hope that this will solve the problem.
@ Longhorn,
I won't be the first, and certainly not be the last who will use the ReadMe as a last salvation http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Thanks again,
Joop

Nige_Reconman
11-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Might want to put the flaps into takeoff position as well to get off the deck cleanly.

BadKarma72
11-10-2004, 10:13 AM
But an extra bonus of going sploosh at takeoff is watching the pilot jump out of the plane into the water then the carrier finishing off the wreckage.

AStotzer
11-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Flaps Down
Mixture Rich
Prop Pitch Max/Auto
Trim Up a little
Hold Brakes
Start Engine
Throttle Up
Engage WEP (if you have it)
Release Brakes
Remove Chocks
Take Off
Gear Up
Flaps Up

JG51Beolke
11-10-2004, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by machinehead_33:
Yo,

I just bought PF today, and everything look good.
But.....how can I takeoff!!!
I give full throttle and release the brakes, but nothing happens.
When I hit the autopilot button, I can takeoff, but I want to takeoff myself.
Anybody the answer to this (maybe stupid) question.

Thanks in return,
Joop <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fire up the engine and keep it in neutral. Lower flaps, put on brake, elevator up (back stick pressure to keep the tail on the ground), open cowl flaps or radiator, release choks, throttle to full, remove brake, as you gain a little speed release the back pressure on the stick(so you don't take off prematurely and stall). As you approach the end of the deck, pull up on the stick and away you go. As you increase speed, raise gear, and raise flaps in stages(will depend on how heavy you are)

Good Luck !

TonyPiech
11-10-2004, 01:05 PM
You may want to hold-off on the flaps until you're just about to come-off the deck, then go full-flaps and pick-up the landing gear right after you're off the deck.

AStotzer
11-10-2004, 01:30 PM
What are the 'Cowl or Armor Flaps'?

Armor? Are they for protecting the engine? Or cooling it??

Flaps? Or for increased lift??