PDA

View Full Version : WTF? duplicated cities?(SC included)

X-Tor16
05-24-2007, 08:19 AM
I just saw this SC and I couldn't believe:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6853/wtfco7.jpg

Look at the red circles - these two cities are exactly same? or I'm just imagining it?

X-Tor16
05-24-2007, 08:19 AM
I just saw this SC and I couldn't believe:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6853/wtfco7.jpg

Look at the red circles - these two cities are exactly same? or I'm just imagining it?

lpcrispo
05-24-2007, 08:20 AM
yop, exactly the same...
you gotta love those background arts ;P

X-Tor16
05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Background arts or not, it's the stupidest thing I ever seen to put the same city in two different places...
I didn't expect to see that in AC...

lpcrispo
05-24-2007, 08:26 AM
this can be changed... dont forget that in early build they have to put "fillers art" to fill the gap of the art that they still dont have made!

X-Tor16
05-24-2007, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpcrispo:
this can be changed... dont forget that in early build they have to put "fillers art" to fill the gap of the art that they still dont have made! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would ignore that if it was an old SC, but this SC was taken from the lastest Ubidays 07 Trailer.

DeAdLy2323
05-24-2007, 08:31 AM
It's just the backround calm down, how often during gameplay are you gonna climb a building and say "Oh look at those cities- wait a second THEY ARE THE SAME ONE!!!!" and its not like if you go to them they will be the same, like i said its just the backround

X-Tor16
05-24-2007, 08:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
It's just the backround calm down, how often during gameplay are you gonna climb a building and say "Oh look at those cities- wait a second THEY ARE THE SAME ONE!!!!" and its not like if you go to them they will be the same, like i said its just the backround </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Still, I expected AC team to be more realistic.
They always say they are working with real maps and so.. to make it look like it is a real historic environment.
And I'm not sure it's only backround..
check this tread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9411098165

Lhorkan
05-24-2007, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Tor16:
Still, I expected AC team to be more realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Work in progress.

X-Tor16
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Tor16:

Work in progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope so..

Legendary_111
05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:

Work in progress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right, it's a work in progress. And even if it is the case, I wouldn't mind.
I would be to busy enjoying all the other valuable features of the game.

rubent1981
05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
They are not the same if you look closely THe building/ruins on the mountains are diffrent, other then that they are the same but it wil probably change

Bloxham
05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY NOT BUY THE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS. IT IS VERY SRS BUSINESS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

DeAdLy2323
05-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes that thread you sent me brings this up too, also it brings up that like oblivion, it will probably change in detail as you get closer to it, and who cares, im still gonna buy the game same cities or not

X-Tor16
05-24-2007, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
Yes that thread you sent me brings this up too, also it brings up that like oblivion, it will probably change in detail as you get closer to it, and who cares, im still gonna buy the game same cities or not </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't say you wont, I'll buy it too, but I just wanted to show you those two same cities...
It's a bit irritating, but it's not even almost close to be a reason for me not to buy this game...

knife_X
05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
honestly who gives a ****!

freestylegr
05-24-2007, 10:23 AM
work in progress. memorize it.

I care and i'm not the only one that cares.

knife_X
05-24-2007, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freestylegr:
work in progress. memorize it.

I care and i'm not the only one that cares. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you said it work in progress... it`s this sort of nitpicking I honestly dont see anyone have time or wanna spend time on... more or less report it on the forum like a whinly little 8 year old! Do something else study, get a job do something!

Jack_Vykios
05-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah, the game ain't exactly finished. All the same, just to be a jerk, I'm so tempted to blame this on the DVD storage medium not allowing enough room for textures. So very, very tempted (I have a 360, before y'all start calling me a fanboy).

Of course, I won't, because someone's going to try and prove me wrong.

Whatever. My answer on this is my first sentance:
The game ain't exackly finished. (Say it with a Sawyer voice)

The_Sphinx
05-24-2007, 01:13 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading..

If you paid attention the last couple of days you would know that the city in that screenshot is a mere `demo` city and by no means a final product.

Jade Raymond confirmed herself that the city seen in last years trailers is a non/excistent city, build purely to showcase the game at E3.

It´s a freaking miracle that those two backgrounds are the only things noticable.

O, and before you start to act smart: I know that city is the E3-city, just look at the entrance gate and the scaffolding. It's from the X06 onstage demonstration.

D00M5D4Y
05-24-2007, 01:20 PM
I see a slight difference..

http://i18.tinypic.com/6falhkg.jpg but that's all I noticed at a glance...

Shoop Da Whoop!

princeofyo
05-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Those diffinatly don't look like cities. Just small little towns. Besides Damascus is in the dessert which isn't there. And Acre is by water which isn't there.

In the recent trailer we saw Altair traveling across a dessert. There is no dessert in this screenshot so I wouldn't put that much trust in this screenshot.

Thumper1980
05-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Exactly.
Don't get your panties in a knot guys.
We're closer now than ever.
Before you know it E3 will be here, the release date is announced soon as speculated by Jade in the Gamevideos interview so hang on bros.

princeofyo
05-24-2007, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thumper1980:
Exactly.
Don't get your panties in a knot guys.
We're closer now than ever.
Before you know it E3 will be here, the release date is announced soon as speculated by Jade in the Gamevideos interview so hang on bros. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy for you to say...I'll be in camp all that month. One of my roommates better have a laptop...

wollbert23
05-25-2007, 01:23 PM
It's just the backround calm down, how often during gameplay are you gonna climb a building and say "Oh look at those cities- wait a second THEY ARE THE SAME ONE!!!!" and its not like if you go to them they will be the same, like i said its just the backround </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats stupid though, if the final version has this it will just be the quick way out.

tailstriker
05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:
Yeah, the game ain't exactly finished. All the same, just to be a jerk, I'm so tempted to blame this on the DVD storage medium not allowing enough room for textures. So very, very tempted (I have a 360, before y'all start calling me a fanboy). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was gonna say its probably true, with so many extra animations and everything, there has to be some place they skimped on (at least a little).

but then doomsday's image thing seems to point to them not being the same cities.