PDA

View Full Version : Weapon view?

Conafam
01-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Is it there? I can't seem to see the option? Thought it would be a bit strange not to be there since almost every other sim I've played in my life has this feature. Any ideas why this wasn't included?

I can understand that this wouldn't be applicable to MG and Cannon & possibly rockets also, but surley everyone would want to see their iron striking home?

Apologies if it is available and I just haven't seen it. If it's NOT availabel can I ask how all you regulars get a decent view of your target going up? Is it a quick hit of F2 & spin that mouse?

LStarosta
01-02-2005, 03:09 PM
No weapon view. We try to keep it as real as possible. Then again, there's no cockpit view. Go figure.

Just look out your cockpit to see if you hit or missed. Setting a time delayed fuse of around 2 seconds or so makes it easier for you to look back at your target.

Conafam
01-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah I thought the old realism thing would rare it's head again, but yeah, ther's a flyby view and external view, chase view but no weapon view??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Oh well, you don't ask, you don't get.

BlakJakOfSpades
01-02-2005, 08:09 PM
if you build a mission you can set up cameras to view targets which are of little use while you're playing the mission but you can use them while replaying the mission with great effect

Stiglr
01-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Weapon view is "fun", but it's cheating. If you won't risk a flyover to see if you hit...well, then you don't really want to know, do you?

Fliers risked their lives to go back over a target to make a damage assesment, and others took risks making higher alt camera passes. You have to EARN it, baby.

You wanna be sure? Go look. Just don't be surprised if the AAA gunners don't give you a warm welcome.