PDA

View Full Version : The pilot transformation bug

sapre
06-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Ever since PF was released, every time when someone bails out from either JP/US aircraft, the pilot suddenly transforms into Ger/Rus pilot, obliterating the immersion.
WHEN is this bug going to be fixed!?
Is it hardcoded or something?

sapre
06-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Ever since PF was released, every time when someone bails out from either JP/US aircraft, the pilot suddenly transforms into Ger/Rus pilot, obliterating the immersion.
WHEN is this bug going to be fixed!?
Is it hardcoded or something?

michaelbjork
06-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Wow! Holy sh*t! Some of our fellow pilots have real good eyes! I would have not noticed that!
But seriously, if this is a realistic combat flight sim, thats gotta be fixed! I agree with you sapre! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Ritter_Cuda
06-15-2005, 08:35 AM
I have not noticed a change I fly with a couple of guys that fly a "homer simpson" pilot and when they bail it is a homer under the chute
Ritter Cuda

Saunders1953
06-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Your virtual Mini Me pilot will stay in the same skin when you bail. All AI pilots revert to the German/Russian default no matter what pilot skin you gave them. It's annoying, to say the least.

FltLt_HardBall
06-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Yep, it's a bit annoying all right.

I noticed the Ohka has a U.S. pilot as default. I haven't been able to change it back to a Japanese pilot skin in the FMB, either.

Atomic_Marten
06-15-2005, 09:34 AM
But (unfortunately/fortunately, however you take it) once when (transformed) pilot under chute lands, he then suddenly transforms into 'right' one under certain circumstances..

US pilot:

in aircraft:US
under chute:RU
when(if) land on ground:RU
when(if) land on water:US

magic I'll tell you..http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AerialTarget
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I have the same problem, but it goes away if you use a custom one, or even, I think, one of the ones included in the game. As long as it's not the default, you will see the correct pilot. It's really a bummer, because the only American pilot we have is the default one.

sapre
06-15-2005, 08:43 PM
bump

ClnlSandersLite
06-15-2005, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have the same problem, but it goes away if you use a custom one, or even, I think, one of the ones included in the game. As long as it's not the default, you will see the correct pilot. It's really a bummer, because the only American pilot we have is the default one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true. I've seen this happen many times with custom pilot skins as well. Not 100% of the time though. There's probably a problem that's not triggering all the time.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But (unfortunately/fortunately, however you take it) once when (transformed) pilot under chute lands, he then suddenly transforms into 'right' one under certain circumstances..

US pilot:

in aircraft:US
under chute:RU
when(if) land on ground:RU
when(if) land on water:US

magic I'll tell you..Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correction here:
when(if) land on water:US NAVY
If your using custom usaaf skins, it still rafts like that. Annoying if your guy bails over a river or something.

NerdConnected
06-16-2005, 01:17 AM
sapre,

It's one of those little things Maddox added to the game for us to find. So, we can conclude spies and traitors are also in game....

I must say, I've never seen that. When I shoot down a plane, I just try to find a little white blob that depicts a parachute. I never zoom in on those 5 pixels....

Mark

AerialTarget
06-16-2005, 05:25 AM
Well, you clearly never shoot chutes or buzz them, then. A lot of people do one of those things.

Say, would buzzing a chute in real life be deadly to the chuter, due to the slipstream and all?

NerdConnected
06-16-2005, 07:47 AM
When I come to think of it, It never crossed my mind to shoot down a chute. Gentlemen, men with honour, don't do such stuff.

You're allowed to slaughter, kill and mame, but just remember, do it by the book...

There are rules for killing eachother and where would be without them?

Ps. actually, we never left the early ages of mankind. Our tools just got far more sophisticated..

Mark