PDA

View Full Version : Surprise

driver_madness
11-29-2007, 01:24 AM
I just spent about 4 hours creating this video which runs for 1 min.

It's nothing that special, well yeah... It's really special I don't want to give it away. But I guess the title does that.

A surprise is about to come to a PC near you. Who's future is going to be tampered with.

Will it be Tanner, will it be someone else.
Who's destiny will change and what will happen? It's up to you to guess until the unthinkable happens.

Click Here to watch the video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5CRP062kc)

driver_madness
11-29-2007, 01:24 AM
I just spent about 4 hours creating this video which runs for 1 min.

It's nothing that special, well yeah... It's really special I don't want to give it away. But I guess the title does that.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A surprise is about to come to a PC near you. Who's future is going to be tampered with.

Will it be Tanner, will it be someone else.
Who's destiny will change and what will happen? It's up to you to guess until the unthinkable happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click Here to watch the video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5CRP062kc)

InsaneDriver06
11-29-2007, 10:27 PM
I like the way Tanner floats a bit when he runs in Driv3r.

SPOILER: That was comical when the guy's head pops off. Driver 4 will hit stores in 2008?

END SPOILER
create a character is a good idea for the driver series. I don't care about FMV, when Reflections should use the in game graphics for the best effect so there's no comparison to "better looking FMV compared to the game", like in every Driver so far.

JacksonL2007
12-01-2007, 06:29 AM
nice point insanedriver06 but do u realy think they can get ingame graphics to look as good as cutscenes. i mean look at DPL those were unbelievable and competition for next gen cutscenes

InsaneDriver06
12-02-2007, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JacksonL2007:
nice point insanedriver06 but do u realy think they can get ingame graphics to look as good as cutscenes. i mean look at DPL those were unbelievable and competition for next gen cutscenes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the current generation still can't match the cutscenes 30 fps. It'll look similar, but not as high res/sharp or detailed as the FMV's. I think in 2011, when the next generation consoles hit, we'll be almost there to life-like FMV as the gameplay, similar to what's seen in CGI movies like Final Fantasy, Beowulf(cool movie by the way) and others.

lb003g0676
12-02-2007, 01:59 PM
2011 is too soon for next generation of consoles. PS3 will be goign on for a good 6 years yet not 4.

driver_madness
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Well Sony is pushing all their consoles for a period of 10 years and then finally phase out. Every 5 years we seem to hit a new generation.

ps3 generation isn't anywhere near enough to get as good-a-graphics as the fmv's. It'll be close with the ps4 but will be masted by the ps5.

The FMV's are pre-rendered using 3dmax I belieave and to render a scene like that on todays fastest pc would take 4hours for 1minurte of video. Try doing that realtime ps5. It'll be hard...

Also remember the rendered cutscenes in driver: parallel lines uses a really crappy resolution, 640x480. So the FMV's could be looking so much better. HD would be awesome.

PennySillin
12-12-2007, 08:34 AM
I don't want the graphics to get that good in games, unless they know what they are doing, Beowulf the movie looks weird, and they did the graphics up a lot for it. Maybe they were trying to make the people look more like dolls than people. Oh well, I guess thats the way everythings going though. I'm perfectly fine with the graphics now.