PDA

View Full Version : Integrated Server Scripts

dbillo
04-28-2006, 07:05 AM
I saw this site: http://scripts.sturmovik.de/html/index_english.html which seems to imply that scripting can be used with the integrated server, or am I missing something?

I fly online with a small group of friends and relatives, and we have discussed the idea of one of us leaving a server running unattended for the others to use. We've talked about dedicated server, but it seems like a lot of trouble.

If the integrated server supports simple scripts for map rotation, then that would probably suffice for our needs.

dbillo
04-28-2006, 07:05 AM
I saw this site: http://scripts.sturmovik.de/html/index_english.html which seems to imply that scripting can be used with the integrated server, or am I missing something?

I fly online with a small group of friends and relatives, and we have discussed the idea of one of us leaving a server running unattended for the others to use. We've talked about dedicated server, but it seems like a lot of trouble.

If the integrated server supports simple scripts for map rotation, then that would probably suffice for our needs.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Go here and ask the horse. Sammie and Lunix wrote the script proggy (FBDaemon) and support it from this site. Scroll down and simply drop a line in the forums.

http://www.greatergreen.com/scripts/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

TB

dbillo
04-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I thought FBDaemon only works with the Dedicated Server. I'm asking about scripting for the Integrated Server, but I did post the question on their forum. Thanks!

rnzoli
04-28-2006, 07:37 AM
the integrated server (i.e., full game version) can be scripted too, and I presume the scripts for the dedicated server will run the same way in case you create a DF.

scripting ain't that good with coop servers, but some things do work anyway

the problem is that coop servers and online campaigns cannot be fully scripted, since some actions require manipulation of buttons on the GUI (not possible with script commands)

dbillo
04-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Okay, rnzoli, that is good news. I understand the problem with scripting for coops, but may be worth exploring. Since we are thinking of unattended operation, then I've assumed it would have to be a dogfight server. The scripting would at least allow the map to rotate or reload and reset destroyed targets to original.

dbillo
04-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Okay, I've modified a little script to perform a simple map rotation, and verified that it works. I'll run a server for a couple hours tonight and my brother will test it online.

What more can I do with these scripts and the Integrated Server? Where is a good place to find out more?

Can I, for example, have destroyed objects restored after a time period, or can I have things in a script that are triggered by satisfying a mission objective? (or is this the realm of Dedicated Server?)

Dew-Claw
04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
right here partner, all you need and more. (http://www.greatergreen.com/fbd2/fbd2.htm)

dbillo
04-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Okay, I seem to be getting inexorably steered towards FBDaemon. I've downloaded it, and FBD2, and read quickly through the setup instructions...enough to know that there's a lot of it I don't fully understand, but some I do.

Perhaps I'm getting a bit dense, but just to clarify a couple of things:

1. The instructions for FBD say "tested with dedicated server", but I don't want to get into running the dedicated server. I want to see what I can do with the integrated server. Can I safely assume that FBD will probably work with integrated server? How do I reinterpret the dedicated server setup instructions to apply to the integrated server? (also posted at FBD forum)

2. Is there anywhere, anyone, where I can find out about what sort of scripting commands I can use with the integrated server? I saw a couple examples in the FBD instructions for setting dotranges, and race countdown, etc. Or would I be better off wading into the FBDaemon and learn to use that for automating the integrated server?