PDA

View Full Version : Game might as well be called Ki84

lronSight
07-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I have yet to see a server where 95% of the users aren't flying the Ki84. Swarms of them everywhere; if you ever thought of flying something else, think again since the 84 seems to out-gun and out-run everything. Would players be happier if servers took the 84 off the list of flyable aircraft? What do you guys think? Or is everyone an 84 junkie? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

lronSight
07-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I have yet to see a server where 95% of the users aren't flying the Ki84. Swarms of them everywhere; if you ever thought of flying something else, think again since the 84 seems to out-gun and out-run everything. Would players be happier if servers took the 84 off the list of flyable aircraft? What do you guys think? Or is everyone an 84 junkie? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

VW-IceFire
07-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Are you time warped back to FB 1.22 or whats going on? I haven't seen more than a handful of Ki-84s in recent months. What server is this?

Only the Ki-84-Ic has spectacular armament (with the 30mm cannons). The Ia has 2x12.7mm machine guns and 2x20mm cannons and the Ib has 4x20mm cannons. Its quite good there but the cannons themselves I'd consider only decent and behind the Hispano/MG151-20/ShVAK trio.

They also used to be quite fast and ahistorically fast but now we have a slight more pared down version than when it was first introduced. The best Allied planes to counter the 84 seem to be the P-51D and the P-63C (faster on nearly all accounts)...the Spitfire VIII and Corsair as well as they are also quite good against it although at some altitudes they are slower.

lronSight
07-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Well, I always try and fly my P38, and they can keep up with more no problem. And the armormant downs all planes with usually one cannon hit. Sorry, unlike you, I'm not merged, and stand-alone servers are few, but I hold to my quota.

MINTZ2
07-23-2005, 06:37 PM
I`d rather fly against the KI-84c than the LA-7 monster.

A lone US plane doesn`t stand a chance.

Badsight.
07-23-2005, 08:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lronSight:
Iif you ever thought of flying something else, think again since the 84 seems to out-gun and out-run everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>there is not one single thing the Hayate is best at in this game
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lronSight:
What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>fly different planes

personally , ive beaten 4 Hayates flying together (3 human & a AI) in a 3K turn fight using the Seafire (the slower Spitfire Mk5) flying alone by myself , im sure they were as surprised as the Hayate user that got killed by the I-153 i was using at another time

your opinion is just so not true that its not funny

EnGaurde
07-23-2005, 08:09 PM
servers can be full of mustangs or corsairs an noone bats an eyelid.

how dare a japanese plane be actually any good eh?

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Try a nonn00b server for starters...just a thought. Besides Ki84 not much when compared to 190s and 190s.

ElAurens
07-23-2005, 11:25 PM
The Ki84 is only just competetive with the late war US aircraft. It is a good mount, but nothing spectacular. A few hits to it's wings totally hobble it.

If only the Ki 100 had that engine... *sigh*

lowfighter
07-24-2005, 02:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElAurens:
The Ki84 is only just competetive with the late war US aircraft. It is a good mount, but nothing spectacular. A few hits to it's wings totally hobble it.

*sigh* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, why if you would take the ki84 from latewar scenarios you are left with only the zeros which because their poor speed characteristics are no match to the late american planes, except in expert hands...Not to mention that it is rather hard to down B25's with a zero, ah I forgot we're talking about dogfights http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
As for ki84c, the sound of those guns annoys me, it's like high repetition mighty farts, I can't take them seriously because I'm LOLing all the time...

Stackhouse25th
07-24-2005, 12:24 PM
have u thought about a squadron that doesnt fly KI84?

(see link)

3.JG51_BigBear
07-24-2005, 12:33 PM
On the merged servers at least, use of the ki84 seems to be at its lowest levels ever. Its a nice airplane, and I think it takes less to get more in terms of performance out of it, but I've seen properly flown Corsairs and P-38s more than hold their own against them. Just keep your altitude and speed up, don't give the 84 time to breath. If you knick one its generally so hobled that it doesn't take much to knock it out of the fight.

VW-IceFire
07-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, I always try and fly my P38, and they can keep up with more no problem. And the armormant downs all planes with usually one cannon hit. Sorry, unlike you, I'm not merged, and stand-alone servers are few, but I hold to my quota. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah I have no experience with the stand-alone servers. The P-38 is pretty good at it too. The non-merged PF version has a P-38L right? If you get a Ki-84 on your tail, make sure you have alt, and drop those dive flaps and combat flaps and you can out turn them in a high speed dive.

A VERY long time ago, most of the merged servers banned the Ki-84c, because it was just too easy. This was back maybe a year and a half ago or something. So make the guys who run the standalone servers just need to wake up and smell the coffee.

lronSight
07-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it sounds like I'm only getting responces from merged guys, because due to the lack of or variety of stand-alone servers, I have yet to find one in which the skies aren't busseling with 84s. I'm not against the japanese aircraft being good or anything, it's just that both teams flying 84s at low altitude is frustrating when you can't get a mile from the airfield without attracting the hornets nest of 84s, especially when you're the only other player using a different aircraft; you stick out like sore thumb, especially in the 38 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

VW-IceFire
07-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah, it sounds like I'm only getting responces from merged guys, because due to the lack of or variety of stand-alone servers, I have yet to find one in which the skies aren't busseling with 84s. I'm not against the japanese aircraft being good or anything, it's just that both teams flying 84s at low altitude is frustrating when you can't get a mile from the airfield without attracting the hornets nest of 84s, especially when you're the only other player using a different aircraft; you stick out like sore thumb, especially in the 38 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes 38s do stick out in any server really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Your having a bad experience because the server is setup poorly and caters to the lowest common denominator.

Stigler_9_JG52
07-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh, stop whining; you probably have your OWN "ueber-insta-kill" late war machine that you favor.

The REAL problem is, nobody wants to fly early and mid-war planes... on BOTH sides. If you did that more often, you'd experience a more representative, historic and immersive combat. The planes don't "do it all for you", they don't all have "one hit and you're done" weaponry, and each plane has plusses and minuses, rather than all plusses.

"Gottawin ueberplaneism" not just limited to Japanese fans. It's a community problem.

VFS-214_Hawk
07-24-2005, 05:23 PM
I have yet to see a server where 95% of the users aren't flying the Ki84. Swarms of them everywhere; if you ever thought of flying something else, think again since the 84 seems to out-gun and out-run everything. Would players be happier if servers took the 84 off the list of flyable aircraft? What do you guys think? Or is everyone an 84 junkie? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try "Zeke vs F4U-1A", you wont see Ki-84s

Stigler_9_JG52
07-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Yep, this one is the first of it's kind! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

lronSight
07-24-2005, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:
Oh, stop whining; you probably have your OWN "ueber-insta-kill" late war machine that you favor.

The REAL problem is, nobody wants to fly early and mid-war planes... on BOTH sides. If you did that more often, you'd experience a more representative, historic and immersive combat. The planes don't "do it all for you", they don't all have "one hit and you're done" weaponry, and each plane has plusses and minuses, rather than all plusses.

"Gottawin ueberplaneism" not just limited to Japanese fans. It's a community problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, thanks for the positive feedback... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

No, I don't have an insta-kill machine, I'm still learning with the 38, I rarely get a kill because I can rarely get altitude and away from the 84s. I'm not complaining about the 38, or the 84, I mearly questioning why everyone I see flies the Ki84c, and why I can't find a server with the a "historic and immersive combat" senerio. All I ever see is 84c, and it just makes the game tiring and much less fun. Obviously not every aircraft is the uber-craft where you don't even require experience to rack kills, but, from what I see, it looks like people believe the Ki84c is that aircraft.

Stigler_9_JG52
07-24-2005, 09:30 PM
It's quite simple: it's a combination of lack of community knowledge about the machines that really fought WWII's pivotal battles and a prevalent 'win at all costs' gamer's attitude. And a nice dollop of lack of direction in game design.

That's it in a nutshell. The game is not designed to guide players to create historical action (not to say it isn't possible; but to say it isn't set up to be more likely that you'll find historical action than a completely implausible what-if scenario). So, an overwhelming majority of people just gravitate towards machines that are easier to fly, have the most effective guns, and the most speed. By and large that means about 5 - 10 1944 and 1945 models. Which makes sense because the technology of aircraft and weaponry grew at a VERY rapid pace during WWII, reaching a new epoch right at the end. But you don't get much of a sense of what that truly means when you hardly ever get a chance to explore some of the earlier matchups.

Most of the people who run servers don't know enough (and further, don't care to learn any more) about WWII history to even try to put together a decent server with historical matchups and situations. Some will just throw the entire planeset into a server for both sides, which effectively puts 90% of the pilots into Yak3Ps, La7s, cannon Corsairs, 109Zs, and your lamented Ki84 Ic. Once any of these beasts are available, without any limitations, you need to fly one yourself to be competitive.

That being said... there are a few servers that DO have rotating maps with plane sets from all eras of the war. Those are the wheat amongst the chaff. Provided these have the feature sets you like (most tend towards the higher realism and difficulty settings), try and identify these and you might find more places where your P-38 can shine: such as in a 1943 or 44 New Guinea scenario against Tonys, Oscars and Zeros.

AerialTarget
07-24-2005, 09:30 PM
I've flown the Thirty Eight since its initial hyper-undermodelled arrival in Aces Expansion Pack. Since then, I have attracted hordes of fighters and continue to do so now. I only found out after I bought Pacific Fighters a month or two ago that the reason why is that those who shoot you down get doubled score. I thought it was only because the P-38 is such an easy kill.

This unfair, hugely unrealistic double score is a bewilderingly stupid negative for this airplane. Real Luftwaffe pilot's didn't get two kills for a P-38! The extra incentive for virtual pilots to go after the Thirty Eight is not only balogna and completely without logical and historical basis, but it is especally frustrating since the P-38 is so hard to survive in in the first place (assuming that you do anything more than run at the first sign of trouble like Focke-Wulf pilots)!

Hoarmurath
07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AerialTarget:
I've flown the Thirty Eight since its initial, hyper-undermodelled arrival in Aces Expansion Pack. Since then, I have attracted hordes of fighters and continue to do so now. I only found out after I bought Pacific Fighters a month or two ago that the reason why is that those who shoot you down get doubled score.

This is a bewilderingly stupid negative for this airplane. Real Luftwaffe pilot's didn't get two kills for a P-38! The extra incentive for virtual pilots to go after the Thirty Eight is not only balogna and very unrealistic, having no historical basis, but it is especally frustrating since the P-38 is so hard to survive in in the first place (assuming that you do anything more than run at the first sign of trouble like Focke-Wulf pilots)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop being a point *****... And practice more. The P-38 we have in game is exactly like the real one... Deadly in the hands of an expert, and a deathtrap for the inexperimented.

VW-IceFire
07-24-2005, 09:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoarmurath:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AerialTarget:
I've flown the Thirty Eight since its initial, hyper-undermodelled arrival in Aces Expansion Pack. Since then, I have attracted hordes of fighters and continue to do so now. I only found out after I bought Pacific Fighters a month or two ago that the reason why is that those who shoot you down get doubled score.

This is a bewilderingly stupid negative for this airplane. Real Luftwaffe pilot's didn't get two kills for a P-38! The extra incentive for virtual pilots to go after the Thirty Eight is not only balogna and very unrealistic, having no historical basis, but it is especally frustrating since the P-38 is so hard to survive in in the first place (assuming that you do anything more than run at the first sign of trouble like Focke-Wulf pilots)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop being a point *****... And practice more. The P-38 we have in game is exactly like the real one... Deadly in the hands of an expert, and a deathtrap for the inexperimented. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Various tests indicate in their conclusions to the contrary of what you've just said. I'll take their word for it.

Stigler brings up a good point but one that I'll moderate here. Many servers run a free for all atmosphere. There is no World War II on, there is no sense of side of conflict, or anything of the sort. Its just a server with planes shooting at each other. This is the FPS style "deathmatch" servers which are sometimes fun for me to practice a particular type of aircraft in a target rich and unforgiving environment. At the end of the day its got nothing to do with real WWII air combat but it makes you proficient (if you work at it) on a given type.

Then you have some servers that run a constant planeset which are midly historical and balanced to a certain degree. Potentially with some ground targets and sense of conflict.

Finally you have a very rare thing that you often don't find. A few servers do it. 109 VS Spitfire, P-40 VS Zero, and UK-Dedicated (Server 1 for slightly relaxed settings and Server 2 for the hardcore). These maps have more historical scenarios with varied or specifically historical planeset. In UK-D, my top 10 planes include aircraft like the Hurricane Mark II, the Yak-1, and the Bf109F-2. These are not the uber late war fighters...they are the bread and butter of the early war and they are just as fun and challenging to fly as the late war ones are.

I'm self professed to being interested more with the later war aircraft but I like variety and we need more servers to service more types of planesets.

Papa_K
07-24-2005, 11:17 PM
On a US v Japan server, I don't mind Ki-84s at all, even the Chuck model, since almost everything else on the Japanese side is dogmeat in a late-war scenario.

On a server that's all-planes-for-all, you can tell something about your opponents by what they select.

Didn't even know the Ki-84 was in the PF-only version -- no matter what the box says, it's an add-on. (Yes, that's a personal opinion, but is there anyone who's played this game from IL2 or FB days who disagrees?)

Papa_K

Get FB-AEP, it's cheap enough and you won't regret it one bit. If I'd bought PF, and only PF, I'd have a whole different attitude about this series...

JunkoIfurita
07-25-2005, 12:25 AM

The score 'anomoly' that you're seeing with the P-38 only really matters to point-*****s. If score isn't important to you, then why should it bother you?

Just for the record, they aren't being awarded an extra kill. The amount of score you receive for downing an aircraft is just directly proportional to the number of engines. 100 pts per engine - try downing a TB-3 or a B-17 - you get 400 points. Not four kills, as you might have assumed. Not a perfect way of assigning points, I agree, but it does at least reflect the idea that downing a heavy that's been pounding your troops has a much more direct effect on the war effort than does downing an enemy fighter.

Serpentmaster09
07-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Zekes vs Wildcat and Spits vs 109s seem to have the most realistic matchups and they do a good job of recreating historical battles. Maybe the original Poster can visit one of those servers. Beware the pilots on these two servers are hardcore but helpfull. They actually try to fly the missions. Yesterday I was on Zekes vs Wildcat and someone in a B-25 took me out durring a high altitude bomb run. I aggree with Stigler. I dont like servers that are loaded with the latest wonder-planes with one shot one kill weapons. Early and Midwar planesets are what I like. There is a certain in your face seat of the pants factor with them.

Spook57
07-25-2005, 01:00 AM
On the points issue: I believe that the number of points relates to the number of engines the a/c has. Maybe a little unfair on P38 drivers but you can always attack a B17 to get your own back... onto the Ki84c vs P38 issue. The late P38 (merged) can outrun a Ki with ease, if kept level and with WEP. When the Ki driver gets fed up and turns away, do a flap turn to get onto him quickly, then retract flaps, go hell-for-leather after him and light him up with those lovely nose guns!

Mmmm I love a fry-up.

~S~
Spook

Badsight.
07-25-2005, 04:40 AM
DF rooms have nothing to do with history

they are for AirQuake , coops are for missions , where you can replicate historical happenings

Badsight.
07-25-2005, 04:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:
The REAL problem is, nobody wants to fly early and mid-war planes... on BOTH sides. If you did that more often, you'd experience a more representative, historic and immersive combat. The planes don't "do it all for you", they don't all have "one hit and you're done" weaponry, and each plane has plusses and minuses, rather than all plusses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>total load of cr4p

you got game killing uber-early-planes as well as late

Stigler like to fly with some kind of advantage always , dont let his speel kid you

the best 20mm cannon (till proper MG rounds were available) is to be found on the 42 La-5 , which incidentaly has the most ammo of an Lavochkin & dont get me started on the LaGG DM

Emils walk all over hurricanes & polikapovs so bad its not fun

& i could go on & on . . . . .

you get historicaly accurate matchups from historically accurate moddeling , not plane year set

have you bothered to try & down a Kate or Val lately Stigler with the .50cal corsair ? no didnt think so , just like most of your other bull is from second hand story telling from patches long past , this perticular load is also

Badsight.
07-25-2005, 04:50 AM
I only found out after I bought Pacific Fighters a month or two ago that the reason why is that those who shoot you down get doubled score. I thought it was only because the P-38 is such an easy kill.

This unfair, hugely unrealistic double score is a bewilderingly stupid negative for this airplane. Real Luftwaffe pilot's didn't get two kills for a P-38! The extra incentive for virtual pilots to go after the Thirty Eight is not only balogna and completely without logical and historical basis! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>are you sure you have been into this game since 2001 ?

100 points per engine AT

JG53Frankyboy
07-25-2005, 05:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Badsight.:
............the best 20mm cannon (till proper MG rounds were available) is to be found on the 42 La-5 , which incidentaly has the most ammo of an Lavochkin ...........o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?

http://www.partizanska-eskadrila.com/reference/Lavochkin.html

were there changes ?

Sturm_Williger
07-25-2005, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Badsight.:
have you bothered to try & down a Kate or Val lately Stigler with the .50cal corsair ? no didnt think so , just like most of your other bull is from second hand story telling from patches long past , this particular load is also </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure your vitriol has been topped up lately ? Seems a bit watered-down... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tigertalon
07-25-2005, 05:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MINTZ2:
I`d rather fly against the KI-84c than the LA-7 monster.

A lone US plane doesn`t stand a chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try engaging La7 above 5k with any american late war army plane in 1v1 duel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

tigertalon
07-25-2005, 05:46 AM
100 points per engine AT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, but IMO 100 points per crew-member would be better...

Serpentmaster09
07-25-2005, 07:26 AM
DF rooms have nothing to do with history

they are for AirQuake , coops are for missions , where you can replicate historical happenings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Co-ops are cool but I cant sit around for thirty minutes waiting for the room to fill and the host take another ten minutes to hit the fly button. Then if you die or make it through the mission, you are forced to go through the wait thing again. I have a busy life outside IL2 and am greatful that I can fly online on one of the organized servers as soon as I jump online. Also the co-ops I jumped in were laggy . It would be nice if they were able to be played on a real server and not someones home PC.

BSS_CUDA
07-25-2005, 07:38 AM
the 38 is far from a target as most blue would like you to think, flown correctly it can be devistating, If I were you I wouldnt head right into the fight ( it sounds like thats what your doing ) I'd stay low and get go in a different direction to get some alt first, keep your speed up over 300 if possible and you'll be ok

BSS_CUDA
07-25-2005, 07:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoarmurath:

Stop being a point *****... And practice more. The P-38 we have in game is exactly like the real one... Deadly in the hands of an expert, and a deathtrap for the inexperimented. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

AerialTarget
07-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Stop being a point *****... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JunkoIfurita:
The score 'anomoly' that you're seeing with the P-38 only really matters to point-*****s. If score isn't important to you, then why should it bother you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DUH! I don't care about the points. I care that everyone and his brother is on my six, trying to get the extra points, regardless of with whom they were engaged with before they saw me! Hello? I fail to see how this makes me a point *****! I've had as many as six enemy aircraft leaves the planes that they were fighting and go for me, ignoring the Spitfires and Mustangs on their tails. It's a huge disadvantage, and one that is neither fair nor realistic. No other fighter in the game has to deal with it (barring the twin Me-109 prototype, which practically no one flies), and no fighter in real life, ever, had to, either!

The fact that I didn't even know until recently that the score is one hundred points per engine should tell you how concerned with the score I am. I suspect that you two deliberately missed my point, as it seems rather obvious to me that I was not complaining about them getting a higher score than me, but rather that anyone flying a P-38 Lightning unrealistically attracts fighters like a dead thing attracts flies.

VW-IceFire
07-25-2005, 05:14 PM
I don't think the hunting of P-38s is all a points thing. Most people just crash or bail out in these servers anyways so they never get the full points!

Its more of a "look, there goes a bigger target, I might be able to hit it" and you get 5 of those guys flying on your tail just as dangerous to you as to themselves. Unfortunately, in the numbers game, usually that means the P-38 will get shot down.

P-38L Late gives you some more options with speed and running.

lronSight
07-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Another reason so many people end up on the 38's 6 is due to recognition. From a ways away you can obviously disinguish the twin boom fighter as an opponent over a single engine aircraft. Sticks out like a sore thumb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Stigler_9_JG52
07-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Yep, and the fact that they're a nice, big fat target helps too. Them's good eatin'.

I always felt the -38 was the type of plane favored by a pilot who KNEW he needed the "insurance" of an extra engine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Banger2004
07-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I like shooting down Ki-84s and P-38's, so think they should be allowed on various servers.

I generally fly Spit mk 8 or Hurricane 11c or 109's or La's, sometimes even P-38's (which I admit I don't get the best out of).

Does'nt bother me too much about Ki-84's in a game, I find them relatively easy to outmanouevre and finish off, provided I keep away from those 'ridiculous' artillery pieces they pack! People always fly the 84c!!

Each to their own, and may the best FLIER win, not the aircraft (probably explains why I get shot down so much...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).

BSS_CUDA
07-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Yep, and the fact that they're a nice, big fat target helps too. Them's good eatin'.

I always felt the -38 was the type of plane favored by a pilot who KNEW he needed the "insurance" of an extra engine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh any noob can fly the 109 or a KI-84 and get a kill with those howitzers they call guns, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif but it take someone with Iron nads to tangle with those same 109's and KI's in the Big Twin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JFC_Rautaristi
08-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Ki-84... I usually fly F4U-D (a late war plane, yes, but if someone says F4U is über or easy, he/she is wrong)and find myself usually fighting ki-84s quite evenly. Every fight is difficult, 84 is fast and agile compared to it's speed, but i can out turn it in high speeds. Also i've noticed that some pilots underestimate the F4U and do something stupid, be sure that i'll take advantage out of it.

On the other side, 84 is a good plane to have, i find it hard to fly and in air to air combat i'm c**p in it. I actually prefer Ki-61 and A6M. Yes, Ki-84 has strenghts over every aircraft but it also has weaknesses that make it vulnerable agains any aircraft.

JFC_Warhawk
08-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I know what you mean, Cuda. I have fallen in love with the late model 44 38 with boost. I can usually out distance them, turn back and pop em with some fine .50 cal's. Depends on altitude that I have when they jump me.

Some fools try to jump me and my wingy with a single KI and they have lost every time LOL&gt;

p1ngu666
08-08-2005, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JFC_Rautaristi:
Ki-84... I usually fly F4U-D (a late war plane, yes, but if someone says F4U is über or easy, he/she is wrong)and find myself usually fighting ki-84s quite evenly. Every fight is difficult, 84 is fast and agile compared to it's speed, but i can out turn it in high speeds. Also i've noticed that some pilots underestimate the F4U and do something stupid, be sure that i'll take advantage out of it.

On the other side, 84 is a good plane to have, i find it hard to fly and in air to air combat i'm c**p in it. I actually prefer Ki-61 and A6M. Yes, Ki-84 has strenghts over every aircraft but it also has weaknesses that make it vulnerable agains any aircraft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same with me. btw all the corsairs perform very much alike http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif