PDA

View Full Version : Joke's!, what is the alternative's?

F0_Dark_P
02-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Hi i am trying to learn how to bomb with a bomber and with the new Junkers 88 this get's more interesting to learn, i have never had the energy to learn it, but now i have decided that i just have to

but the thing i find annoying is to get the bomber stable with my joystick, so i was thinking of geting a Joke, but i can only find the CH Joke and that is really expensive, so is there any less expensive alternative out there? and one that i can get here in Sweden?

thanx for any help

F0_Dark_P
02-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Hi i am trying to learn how to bomb with a bomber and with the new Junkers 88 this get's more interesting to learn, i have never had the energy to learn it, but now i have decided that i just have to

but the thing i find annoying is to get the bomber stable with my joystick, so i was thinking of geting a Joke, but i can only find the CH Joke and that is really expensive, so is there any less expensive alternative out there? and one that i can get here in Sweden?

thanx for any help

Pig_Mac
02-01-2006, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the thing i find annoying is to get the bomber stable with my joystick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use trim a lot and close to the target level stabilizer, and do the last corrections with rudder trim.

I've tried the CH yoke with IL2, only when flying the p38, and I don't really like the feel of it.

Flying bombers is really great!

F0_Dark_P
02-01-2006, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xallo_72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the thing i find annoying is to get the bomber stable with my joystick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use trim a lot and close to the target level stabilizer, and do the last corrections with rudder trim.

I've tried the CH yoke with IL2, only when flying the p38, and I don't really like the feel of it.

Flying bombers is really great! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i do trim, but with a joke you have both hands on the controls, so you will hold her more steady than with only one hand, and you wont need to trim as much

but what don't you like with the CH joke?

Pig_Mac
02-01-2006, 08:53 AM
It felt a lot.. hmm .. well cheaper then it is, quite a bit loose and plastic. My friend that owns it really like it for his obsessive 8 hour flights in FS2004, but even he unplugs it when he flies a bomber, or a yoke plane in IL2.

What kind of joystick are you using now? I've used my MSFFB2 exclusivly for years, but now I had to trade it for a decent PSU, since my old one blew up, and i'm stinking poor this month.

I've gotten used to use my Cougar HOTAS almost better then the old (but super) MSFFB2, and neither of them gave me any trouble while flying bombers.

If the CH yoke's throttle thingies could be used as individual throttles I would recommend it for bomber flight with no regrets, but as it is individual throttle ain't in the game.

..just my 50 ¶re http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hurricane_320
02-01-2006, 09:15 AM
50 ¶re? J¶sses du ¤r sn¥l http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

vocatx
02-01-2006, 09:52 AM
I fly exclusively with a CH Flight Yoke. Yes, both bombers and fighters. There are a couple of myths about using a yoke for flying bombers, the main one being it makes it easier to fly. No, it doesn't. It's all a matter of what you are used to using.

If you are having problems, it sounds to me like you need to bind a key to "level stabilizer". Once you level out and are on course, or nearly so, select "level stab." From this point on, use ONLY trim for course correction. When I regularly flew bombers I would usually go directly to the bombsight veiw after leveling out. You will be amazed at how far you can see land details through the bombsight. Just roll it up to 75-85 degrees and keep the cross-hairs on or near where your target area is.

Like I said, I fly exclusively with a yoke. You can be successful with nearly any equipment, you just have to be familiar with it and know how to get the best performance out of each aircraft.