PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility Issue between RAF74 DCS and UQMG



XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 12:09 PM
S! All!

It's just been pointed out to me that there is a compatability problem between Demon's UQMG and the RAF74 IL2/FB Dynamic Campaign System.

I've figured out the problem. Demon uses a very long file name for the .mis file. The DCS appends a part of the path to the file name and Demon uses a very long path as well. The result is a 'Mission Name' in the DCS of something like:

net/coop/( Play ÃÅ“berQuick Mission )/20031012_210733_map22mis01.mis

That mission name is 76 characters long. The DCS uses this 'mission name' throughout it's database, but the field size limit is set to 50. The mission name thus cannot be stored in the database - causing the DCS to completely fail when trying to parse UQMG missions.

This will be corrected in version 6.0 of the DCS. Users of 5.5 who use the UQMG can work around this problem by copying the UQMG mission into a different directory and shortening it's file name PRIOR TO PLAYING THE MISSION. Another fix would be to e-mail me - I will send you an updated version of the database that has an increased field size whereever the mission name is used to 100 characters.


RAF74_Wall-dog

<a href="http://www.doghousecomputing.com/scorchedearth">http://www.doghousecomputing.com/scorchedearth/images/parsersmall.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 12:09 PM
S! All!

It's just been pointed out to me that there is a compatability problem between Demon's UQMG and the RAF74 IL2/FB Dynamic Campaign System.

I've figured out the problem. Demon uses a very long file name for the .mis file. The DCS appends a part of the path to the file name and Demon uses a very long path as well. The result is a 'Mission Name' in the DCS of something like:

net/coop/( Play ÃÅ“berQuick Mission )/20031012_210733_map22mis01.mis

That mission name is 76 characters long. The DCS uses this 'mission name' throughout it's database, but the field size limit is set to 50. The mission name thus cannot be stored in the database - causing the DCS to completely fail when trying to parse UQMG missions.

This will be corrected in version 6.0 of the DCS. Users of 5.5 who use the UQMG can work around this problem by copying the UQMG mission into a different directory and shortening it's file name PRIOR TO PLAYING THE MISSION. Another fix would be to e-mail me - I will send you an updated version of the database that has an increased field size whereever the mission name is used to 100 characters.


RAF74_Wall-dog

<a href="http://www.doghousecomputing.com/scorchedearth">http://www.doghousecomputing.com/scorchedearth/images/parsersmall.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 04:28 PM
We already discussed this at SimHQ. I went ahead and decreased the name of my mission files. The next upgrade will be coming out later and it will include all patches and addons up to this point plus some new features.



Best Regards,
Demon/ÃÅ“berDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com
http://www.uberdemon.com