PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wolves problem

Jester_159th
04-19-2006, 07:19 AM
I just downloaded and installed the GW mod. Everything seems to have installed fine (via the JSGME), but on starting a mission I get a slide show with FPS so low it's impossible to even get out of the harbour.

I tried installing and uninstalling all combinations of the extra mods that are included in the package but with no success at all. Eventually I had to uninstall it since it was totally unplayable.

Is there any way to overcome the problems around the harbours? And what sort of PC spec are recommended to run the mod (since I'm wondering if my rig is just simply not pwerful enough to run it)?

PC specs:

P4 2.4gig CPU
1024MB PC2700 DDR RAM
ATI 9800Pro
AC97 on board sound chipset.

Jester_159th
04-19-2006, 07:19 AM
I just downloaded and installed the GW mod. Everything seems to have installed fine (via the JSGME), but on starting a mission I get a slide show with FPS so low it's impossible to even get out of the harbour.

I tried installing and uninstalling all combinations of the extra mods that are included in the package but with no success at all. Eventually I had to uninstall it since it was totally unplayable.

Is there any way to overcome the problems around the harbours? And what sort of PC spec are recommended to run the mod (since I'm wondering if my rig is just simply not pwerful enough to run it)?

PC specs:

P4 2.4gig CPU
1024MB PC2700 DDR RAM
ATI 9800Pro
AC97 on board sound chipset.

TheRealWulfmann
04-19-2006, 08:17 AM
The harbors have loads of extra things that slow even the best of systems some and when an air attack occurs as you leave it slows even more. Your system is not really a game system by 2006 stndards. Heck my 64bit AMD3500 2-GB DDR400 X850XT PCIex is considered mid level by 2006 standards..
You can see if replacing the SCR.mis (campaign folder)file with your old SCR eliminates some of that but that also means some of the new scripted patrols will not be available.
What that means is; You can have ships (new ones in GW) that are not asked for but you can not ask for ships you do not have. So, you can not add a SCR.mis file that requires new ships (The GW SCR with a non GW modded game)but if you add new ships and don't ask for them it is not going to cause a CTD.
Wulfmann

Jester_159th
04-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling it was my rig lacking the power to run it. Unfortunately it'll be a long....long.....LONG time before I can think about upgrading it.

panthercules
04-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Two other things to at least think about - be sure you took out the fancy sea floor mod that originally came with GW and install the stock version - that puppy was slowing down even my otherwise pretty decent machine. Also, you might want to consider using a good sound card (Audigy 2 or higher) - even the pretty decent on-board sound they've been using recently seems to still be suspect in terms of slowing things down even when you wouldn't think they'd be a problem, and if yours is a bit older then it may be that much more suspect. You can pick up a decent sound card pretty cheap these days, so it's a pretty reasonable upgrade option.

Good luck, and good hunting!