PDA

View Full Version : I have always admired Al Mualim.

k20ml
02-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Well to be fair he was an amazing Assassin Grand Master. Really wise, cunning and secretive. He is good with words and is able to persuade and change the mind of anyone who comes across him(even without the POE), even Altair who seemingly is too proud but still he was enlightened wit Al Mualim's wisdom. Even I when I was playing AC.

But for the past 2 games there wasn't anyone who is as cunning as him. What I wish for is another one of that dude, but he will never betray the order.

k20ml
02-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Well to be fair he was an amazing Assassin Grand Master. Really wise, cunning and secretive. He is good with words and is able to persuade and change the mind of anyone who comes across him(even without the POE), even Altair who seemingly is too proud but still he was enlightened wit Al Mualim's wisdom. Even I when I was playing AC.

But for the past 2 games there wasn't anyone who is as cunning as him. What I wish for is another one of that dude, but he will never betray the order.

kriegerdesgottes
02-18-2011, 08:02 PM
He's kind of a d-bag though, Historically this monster was said to lure young boys from the village into his little castle and train them to basically be badass ninja assassins until he needed them to carry out one of his little assassination missions but beforehand he would put them out into his garden that he had made between two valleys and he put women and everything out there and he would drug these kids and let them go out and have fun with the women in the garden and they would pass out and when they woke up he would say you were just in paradise if you go and kill this person with this dagger your enemies will kill you and you can be there forever,(hence the garden in AC1 at masyaf with the women standing out there). or that is the legend of the real assassins. anyway total ****** bag. another legend says that while he met with a king he would command his little assassins to jump off the roof at a seconds notice and crush their skulls on the ground whenever he said just for entertainment. (hence the leap of faith).

k20ml
02-18-2011, 08:11 PM
^ I never really read about him but if that is true then I would still want someone as smart as him to play a role in the next game.

ThaWhistle
02-18-2011, 08:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
He's kind of a d-bag though, Historically this monster was said to lure young boys from the village into his little castle and train them to basically be badass ninja assassins until he needed them to carry out one of his little assassination missions but beforehand he would put them out into his garden that he had made between two valleys and he put women and everything out there and he would drug these kids and let them go out and have fun with the women in the garden and they would pass out and when they woke up he would say you were just in paradise if you go and kill this person with this dagger your enemies will kill you and you can be there forever,(hence the garden in AC1 at masyaf with the women standing out there). or that is the legend of the real assassins. anyway total ****** bag. another legend says that while he met with a king he would command his little assassins to jump off the roof at a seconds notice and crush their skulls on the ground whenever he said just for entertainment. (hence the leep of faith). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

source?

SAVMATIC
02-18-2011, 08:16 PM
thats all misinterpreted information clouded over hundreds of years

kriegerdesgottes
02-18-2011, 08:45 PM
[

source?[/QUOTE]
hmm source, well I read a lot of history but I'll give you some books about the subject like one called "The Assassins" by Bernard Lewis which is awesome. and another is Marco Polo's book where he also mentions passing by the Assassin stronghold although many scholars believe marco Polo was full of crap but I tend to believe his writings. also Patrice Desilets based the series on a book he read called Alamut which was the main assassin stronghold that was eventually destroyed.

AubreyWilborn
02-18-2011, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
He's kind of a d-bag though, Historically this monster was said to lure young boys from the village into his little castle and train them to basically be badass ninja assassins until he needed them to carry out one of his little assassination missions but beforehand he would put them out into his garden that he had made between two valleys and he put women and everything out there and he would drug these kids and let them go out and have fun with the women in the garden and they would pass out and when they woke up he would say you were just in paradise if you go and kill this person with this dagger your enemies will kill you and you can be there forever,(hence the garden in AC1 at masyaf with the women standing out there). or that is the legend of the real assassins. anyway total ****** bag. another legend says that while he met with a king he would command his little assassins to jump off the roof at a seconds notice and crush their skulls on the ground whenever he said just for entertainment. (hence the leep of faith). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That stuff isn't necessarily true about the historical Al Mualim. Especially because "Al Mualim" never existed in real life. He was totally made up by Ubisoft. Al Mualim is LOOSELY( and I mean that in the strictest sense of the word) based on two historical Hashshashin leaders.

The real assassins did indeed do the drug-induced time in the garden thing. They did it to new recruits, instead of cutting off the finger like in the game. Also, I've never heard about Hashshashin novices leaping to their deaths before. That's interesting.

kriegerdesgottes
02-18-2011, 08:53 PM
yes this is true, Al Mualim does more or less mean the master but he is based off of these people like you said which is why Ubisoft put the Masyaf stronghold in the game which was really an assassin stronghold, part of which is still there in ruins and the garden in the back which you can walk around in and that is also where you defeat Al Mualim.

zeejay21
02-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Actually, Al-Mualim is a title that means High Teacher or Grand Master Teacher.

I don't know much about about the Hashashins (origin name for Assassins), all I know that they were once an Islamic sect but deviated from the true path.

The phrase 'Nothing is true, everything is permitted' is loosely based on Hassani Sabbah's philosophy which is 'Nothing is Forbidden, Everything is Permitted'. That philosophy is wrong even by logical thinking.

If you guys want a quick read through on Hashashins, there's a wiki here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins

kriegerdesgottes
02-18-2011, 10:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeejay21:

I don't know much about about the Hashashins (origin name for Assassins), all I know that they were once an Islamic sect but deviated from the true path.

The phrase 'Nothing is true, everything is permitted' is loosely based on Hassani Sabbah's philosophy which is 'Nothing is Forbidden, Everything is Permitted'. That philosophy is wrong even by logical thinking.

If you guys want a quick read through on Hashashins, there's a wiki here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep they were an Islamic nazari sect that more often than not fought with other muslims than with the actual crusaders. One story goes that they left a dagger in a cake or something while the guy was sleeping and when he woke up he saw the dagger sticking out with a note that basically said "we can kill you at any time" (I'm going totally off of memory here please don't beat me for being off a little) and it scared him so bad he never sought trouble with the nazari (assassins) ever again.

zeejay21
02-18-2011, 10:19 PM
That was a sultan, I think. The feather, that both Altair and Ezio used as a warning or signature of death, was based on this event. I remembered the note said, "You are in our control". The sultan was preparing to ransack the assassins' fortress but cancelled aftewards.

This was, according to historians, a rumor and the sultan was the known Salahadin. No evidence pinpointed this so historians just take it for granted.

It's kind of funny though that the assassins was easily toppled by the Mongols despite their cunning ways.

kriegerdesgottes
02-18-2011, 10:23 PM
oh wow good call on the feather thing I never even considered that. and I always think that too when I read about how the Mongols just rode up and destroyed Alamut and then in 1265 or maybe it was 1267 finished them off like it was no big deal. The ending just doesn't make sense to me.

zeejay21
02-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I was like "...".

But their lessons and thus their legacy survived and has been improved greatly. Heck, it became a game too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Redfeather1975
02-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Machiavelli might be the closest we have.
Would be really cool if they did have someone in the next one more like Al Maulim.

ThaWhistle
02-18-2011, 10:48 PM
[

source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hmm source, well I read a lot of history but I'll give you some books about the subject like one called "The Assassins" by Bernard Lewis which is awesome. and another is Marco Polo's book where he also mentions passing by the Assassin stronghold although many scholars believe marco Polo was full of crap but I tend to believe his writings. also Patrice Desilets based the series on a book he read called Alamut which was the main assassin stronghold that was eventually destroyed.[/QUOTE]

ill have to look into that stuff. I was never able to find any academic works on the assassins, but then again I never looked too hard.

AubreyWilborn
02-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Lol...this is totally random, but Sadaam Hussein thought the assassins were pretty cool.

The historical "Hashashins" never actually called themselves the "Hashashins". They called themselves the "Fedayeen".

Sadaam named some of his elite military units after them. So... yeah, that's pretty intersting.

Xanatos2007
02-19-2011, 03:46 AM
1. Al Mualim was based upon Rashid al'Din Sinan (leader of the Syrian Hashshashin, based in Masyaf) not Hassan ibn-Sabbah (founder of the Hashshashin, based in Alamut in Persia).

2. I wouldn't trust anything Marco Polo has to say about the Hashshashin since he claimed to have visited the fortress of Alamut in 1273, but the Mongols controlled that region from 1256 and Assassins didn't even set foot in Alamut again until 1275.

3. I really liked the way the Ubidevs captured Hassan ibn-Sabbah's philosophy from the novel Alamut and would like to see them elaborate on that more in future games. I agree with k20ml; we need more wise characters.

4. Assassins: Holy Killers of Islam (by Edward Burman) and Assassin!: The Deadly Art of the Cult of Assassins (by Dr. Haha Lung, thread somewhere in the Bronze Age pages of this forum) are two pretty good books to look into for those who are interested in learning more about the history of the Assassins.

beacuase...
02-19-2011, 04:15 AM
You guys need to link to some sources! Books, anything. This sounds awesome to read about.

Victoroos
02-19-2011, 05:09 AM
I love those history aprts in ac, that's the only reason even my mom looks over my shoulder sometimes (when there is no killing)

CFord664
02-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Xanatos, you're dead on. Both of those are good sources, but Wikipedia is a little weak. The drug use is likely a myth that the Assassins were labeled with by their enemies, including Marco Polo -- the name Hashshashin was a pejorative label they got stuck with. The drug use is very unlikely, since even a heretical Muslim is prevented by his faith from using any kind of mind-altering substance. They called themselves al-dawa al-jadida, the New Doctrine, and their members, at the lower ranks, were fida'i (not fedayeen, a corrupted spelling). The order's hierarchy usually went lashiq, fida'i, rafiq, Master of Propoganda (in those days, essentially spreading the message), and Grandmaster.

Yes, they were known for demonstrations to impress others (like the Leap of Faith), but they were also known for their knowledge. Hassan-i Sabbah kept a massive library at Alamut, (much like the smaller one depicted in our Masyaf), but, for example, when a local sect started to rise because of his so-called heresy, he allowed them into the library to burn any book they found heretical -- much to his chagrin, they burned half the library, but it averted war.

They were also known for taking fortresses bloodlessly, like Alamut, and averting sieges through demonstrations like the Leap of Faith at the beginning of Creed 1 or the cake (which was actually laid on Saladin's chest during his siege of Alamut by Rajd-al-Din).

The legacy of the Assassins is one of seeking minimal bloodshed while maximizing security of the region and the freedom of the people, not drug-induced terrorists.

My sources: Xanatos' first book in Point 4 and a lot of investigative reading.

AubreyWilborn
02-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Does anyone have any more sources on the Assasins' martial arts style?

I heard that they had their own-called "janna".

ThaWhistle
02-19-2011, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CFord664:
Xanatos, you're dead on. Both of those are good sources, but Wikipedia is a little weak. The drug use is likely a myth that the Assassins were labeled with by their enemies, including Marco Polo -- the name Hashshashin was a pejorative label they got stuck with. The drug use is very unlikely, since even a heretical Muslim is prevented by his faith from using any kind of mind-altering substance. They called themselves al-dawa al-jadida, the New Doctrine, and their members, at the lower ranks, were fida'i (not fedayeen, a corrupted spelling). The order's hierarchy usually went lashiq, fida'i, rafiq, Master of Propoganda (in those days, essentially spreading the message), and Grandmaster.

Yes, they were known for demonstrations to impress others (like the Leap of Faith), but they were also known for their knowledge. Hassan-i Sabbah kept a massive library at Alamut, (much like the smaller one depicted in our Masyaf), but, for example, when a local sect started to rise because of his so-called heresy, he allowed them into the library to burn any book they found heretical -- much to his chagrin, they burned half the library, but it averted war.

They were also known for taking fortresses bloodlessly, like Alamut, and averting sieges through demonstrations like the Leap of Faith at the beginning of Creed 1 or the cake (which was actually laid on Saladin's chest during his siege of Alamut by Rajd-al-Din).

The legacy of the Assassins is one of seeking minimal bloodshed while maximizing security of the region and the freedom of the people, not drug-induced terrorists.

My sources: Xanatos' first book in Point 4 and a lot of investigative reading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The books xanatos mentioned and this, http://www.amazon.com/Assassin...id=1298096628&sr=1-2 (http://www.amazon.com/Assassin-Legends-Myths-Ismailis/dp/1850439508/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298096628&sr=1-2)
are probably the most reliable sources. I did some digging, and alot of what marco polo said seems to be like eveything else he said, legends and heresay. and the previously mentioned book by Bernard Lewis seems to have gotten alot of criticism for propogating the old myths and legends about the assassins

Xanatos2007
02-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, in the ebook by Dr. Haha Lung that I mentioned earlier.

@CFord664: Also, during the Mongol raids they burned down the library of Alamut and virtually all written sources in other Assassin strongholds, so any evidence is usually from the enemies of the Hashshashin which are no doubt very bias.

You're also right about the drug use; Hassan ibn-Sabbah was so against intoxicants that he executed one of his sons for drinking alcohol within the gates of Alamut.

EDIT: Found the thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9931099897?r=9931099897#9931099897) with Dr. Lung's book. And a link to another interesting book. (http://www.amazon.com/Templars-Assassins-Militia-Heaven/dp/089281859X)

iN3krO
02-19-2011, 09:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

@CFord664: Also, during the Mongol raids they burned down the library of Alamut and virtually all written sources in other Assassin strongholds, so any evidence is usually from the enemies of the Hashshashin which are no doubt very bias.

You're also right about the drug use; Hassan ibn-Sabbah was so against intoxicants that he executed one of his sons for drinking alcohol within the gates of Alamut. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe to other ppl doesnt think he uses drugs in the recruits...

ShadowRage41
02-19-2011, 09:54 AM
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
Marcus Aurelius

ScytheOfGrim
02-19-2011, 10:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zeejay21:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on how you put it.
If it's a title, as you said, then yes, but that's a title that is reserved strictly for God.
Otherwise, it simply translates into "The Teacher". In the game, the constant use of the article "the" before "teacher" does make it a title, but that doesn't mean it means "High Teacher", or "Grand Master Teacher". It could simply be added out of respect, and so as not to diminish the status of the person. It could still mean "the teacher", since all the others do not refer to each other as teachers.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CFord664:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fida'iyeen is the plural of fida'i.

Xanatos2007
02-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Sythe! What are you doing outside BYWYWL? And how dare you make a perfectly comprehensible post! Get back off topic, now! *chases with rolled-up newspaper*

ThaWhistle
02-19-2011, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

You're also right about the drug use; Hassan ibn-Sabbah was so against intoxicants that he executed one of his sons for drinking alcohol within the gates of Alamut.

EDIT: Found the thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9931099897?r=9931099897#9931099897) with Dr. Lung's book. And a link to another interesting book. (http://www.amazon.com/Templars-Assassins-Militia-Heaven/dp/089281859X) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

after looking into Haha Lungs book more. I'm not so sure I would take anything he says as being reliable. I can't find any credentials, and most things on google say it is a pen name for someone else. Pen names almost always mean the author is spewing wheelbarrows full of BS.

ScytheOfGrim
02-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Sythe! What are you doing outside BYWYWL? And how dare you make a perfectly comprehensible post! Get back off topic, now! *chases with rolled-up newspaper* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I felt like taking a walk.

I'll let you hold my hand if you'll be quiet. *stretches hand*

On a related note, where's my Vidic? I want my Vidic. Vidic was awesome.

Xanatos2007
02-19-2011, 11:19 AM
...Oh alright. *throws away newspaper* After all, wouldn't want to waste a lovely moon-lit night such as this indoors. *takes Sythe's hand*

On-topic: Meh, Vidic was kind of a forgettable prat. Still I'd like to see what he's up to now. Did he make an appearance in ACB?

rob.davies2014
02-19-2011, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k20ml:

But for the past 2 games there wasn't anyone who is as cunning as him. What I wish for is another one of that dude, but he will never betray the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Mentor from The Fall was a great leader i thought.
**SPOILER**

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Despite the fact that he was killed by Daniel Cross. But there was no way he could have seen that coming. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif</span>

**SPOILER**

He was very wise because he had the accumulated knowledge of all the previous Mentors. He talked about how The Mentor must always be 2 steps ahead of the enemy.
Plus, he is very hard to find. Daniel Cross searched for him for 2 years to no avail!

ScytheOfGrim
02-19-2011, 11:47 AM
...Oh alright. *throws away newspaper* After all, wouldn't want to waste a lovely moon-lit night such as this indoors. *takes Sythe's hand*

On-topic: Meh, Vidic was kind of a forgettable prat. Still I'd like to see what he's up to now. Did he make an appearance in ACB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously didn't pay attention to his speeches.
He was Mr. Trollface.jpeg in the first game.
"Oh, look, we're Desmond, again." =/
"Oh, look, it's Vidic!" *w*

No, he didn't.
Assuming I've seen everything there is to see in the game.

kriegerdesgottes
02-19-2011, 03:06 PM
ok seriously though like previously mentioned all the assassin papers were burned except a couple lists of their assassin targets which are all we have about them. That means that EVERYTHING we know about them is passed down through stories and myths and other historical documents from other people like marco polo. so the books about their legends are no less credible than any others. Although it is true that Marco Polo went through the area some time after history claims they ceased to exist, we do not know the true circumstances nor will we ever.

ThaWhistle
02-19-2011, 10:48 PM
ok seriously though like previously mentioned all the assassin papers were burned except a couple lists of their assassin targets which are all we have about them. That means that EVERYTHING we know about them is passed down through stories and myths and other historical documents from other people like marco polo. so the books about their legends are no less credible than any others. Although it is true that Marco Polo went through the area some time after history claims they ceased to exist, we do not know the true circumstances nor will we ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

marco polo is notorius for being unreliable. And you can now what is false by what did happen, there may not be solid primary sources from the assassins, but those from other people who had direct interation with them, etc can fill in the gaps. alot of ancient peoples have very little known about them from written works, and nearly as little from archeological finds. but when the author is looked at, the context, the content, previous authors with the same content, etc, you can generally find what probably existed.

madigari
02-20-2011, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
You obviously didn't pay attention to his speeches.
He was Mr. Trollface.jpeg in the first game.
"Oh, look, we're Desmond, again." =/
"Oh, look, it's Vidic!" *w*

No, he didn't.
Assuming I've seen everything there is to see in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to go off topic, but Vidic makes an appearance in Brotherhood. It's more like a cameo (and I'm not even sure if it's canon, but assuming it is); he shows up to 'pep talk' the Abstergo employees that have volunteered to have the Assassins' skills trained into them through the Bleeding Effect in Multiplayer the first time you load it up.

Alpha Ender
02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
1. Al Mualim was based upon Rashid al'Din Sinan (leader of the Syrian Hashshashin, based in Masyaf) not Hassan ibn-Sabbah (founder of the Hashshashin, based in Alamut in Persia).

2. I wouldn't trust anything Marco Polo has to say about the Hashshashin since he claimed to have visited the fortress of Alamut in 1273, but the Mongols controlled that region from 1256 and Assassins didn't even set foot in Alamut again until 1275.

3. I really liked the way the Ubidevs captured Hassan ibn-Sabbah's philosophy from the novel Alamut and would like to see them elaborate on that more in future games. I agree with k20ml; we need more wise characters.

4. Assassins: Holy Killers of Islam (by Edward Burman) and Assassin!: The Deadly Art of the Cult of Assassins (by Dr. Haha Lung, thread somewhere in the Bronze Age pages of this forum) are two pretty good books to look into for those who are interested in learning more about the history of the Assassins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you!! I know, old post, but I was reading this over and had to take a couple of calming breaths. Also, try this. (http://www.alamut.com/) It's a bit older of a source (2005), but it's not like anything groundbreaking has happened since then (like any discoveries of any libraries or such).

k20ml
02-23-2011, 08:41 PM
I honestly do not know where my thread headed but whatever. It was nice to know information about everything you guys wrote down. But I think I should have made this into a poll than a discussion.

Anyway, all I want to know if anyone of you would like another wise character that the new assassin would refer to if he/she is confused or want to get a clear idea about something.

Xanatos2007
02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Definitely, I like characters with a lot of wisdom & depth.

brianmt
02-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Definitely, I like characters with a lot of wisdom & depth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, it gives you something to think about other than the game's story.

By the way, I knows it's an old post, but I loved all the book sources given here. Got like 4 or 5 written down.

vorenus73
02-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Glad I read this thread then did some more reading about the Assassins. I always thought the English "assassin" came from an Arabic "hashasheen" - which meant 'hashish smokers' or something to that effect.

But then I always thought, how could anyone pull off an assassination if they were high all the time? Doesn't make sense.

Maybe the hashish could have been a reward... but anytime a group's name derived from a perjorative given by an enemy, you have to seriously question its legitimacy/truthfulness.

For those interested in some good reading, one of my favorite fiction books ever is called "Baudolino," by Umberto Eco. It is historical fiction which gets into fantasy. They run across the Hashashin... it is cool, a great read.

Sho_Sho
02-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Just to go a little off topic - the Syrian Foreign Minister is called Walid Al Mualim - is there something they're not telling us?

ThaWhistle
02-28-2011, 07:34 PM
no

k20ml
02-28-2011, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not? The title is after all assassin's creed. So why not focus on the creed?

ThaWhistle
02-28-2011, 11:08 PM
what do you think I am saying no to?

the guy above me made a comment about the Syrian Foreign Minister, to which my comment was directed.

That is to say this syrian guy and his existence is completely irrelevent to anything about the series.

k20ml
03-01-2011, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
what do you think I am saying no to?

the guy above me made a comment about the Syrian Foreign Minister, to which my comment was directed.

That is to say this syrian guy and his existence is completely irrelevent to anything about the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh! my bad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif