PDA

View Full Version : no answer to my posts?

chzman_42MDS
06-14-2007, 03:34 PM
everyone esle got an answer today, but me. Why?

wdawwdwwwwwwwwwwwwCrash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\lib\managers\profilemanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: tohex in type <string>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\savemanager.dsf(0)

If you can't help me say so, and i'll just return the game.

chzman_42MDS
06-14-2007, 03:34 PM
everyone esle got an answer today, but me. Why?

wdawwdwwwwwwwwwwwwCrash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\lib\managers\profilemanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: tohex in type &lt;string&gt;

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\savemanager.dsf(0)

If you can't help me say so, and i'll just return the game.

ColinCJ
06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
System specs please

chzman_42MDS
06-14-2007, 09:45 PM
i think i fixed the crashing by reinstalling DX. So my only problem left is wierd looking blue,yellow and black boxes when i try and play missions, to learn the game.
can you help me with that?

geforce 7600GS 256mb
SB Live 24 bit sound card
Win XP
1.5 gb RAM
on board sound disabled in bios.
all anti virus and spyware where off during install.
installed game, then 1.35 patch right after.
what is ageia, and why cant i use its extended diagnostics?

Thanks
Chuck
aka-chzman

Dannik
06-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I can't explain the crashes, but Aegia is a company that sells a technology called PhysX, a software/hardware physics calculating tool that is akin to Havok Physics, but relies on an add-on PCI or PCI-E card installed in your computer.

You can't use the extended diagnostics because you don't have a PhysX card actually installed. This means your system cannot use the "high end" particle rendering that are possible in the game.

Aegia uses software to render physics (how debris from an explosion moves, how structures collapse, etc.) but if you have one of their cards installed, these effects become much more pronounced.

I don't know how long you've been PC gaming for, but in case it helps, Aegia's cards are to physics rendering what cards from companies like 3dfx were to 3D rendering. Not required, but improve the experience when using software optimized for them.

rogerwilco99
06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
If you don't have a Physx card, you can go into "Add/Delete Programs" in the control panel and just delete the Ageia drivers. You don't need and can't use them. They just take up space.

chzman_42MDS
06-16-2007, 08:56 AM
thanks for the response folks. I get all kinds of different crashes at start. this happens after system reboot. then i reinstall direct x drivers, then all seems well, how strange is that. Black, Blue, and yellow squares is all i see sometimes when the game does launch. Other times it launches fine and i just play whatever i want. very confused!

NooByonekinell
06-16-2007, 01:07 PM
The black yellow and blue bits are where the texture hasn`t been rendered propperly...Usually you only get it on custom maps that are not quite coded propperly but if you are getting on the stock maps then it`s a graphic card issue..your card is a bit low end..

The only thing you can realy try is to run with lower graphic settingss..

Have fun !

RLCSeMPeRFi
06-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Do you have anything overclocked? Try running the game with everything at default clock speeds.

You could also try uninstalling your video drivers with driver cleaner pro (in safe mode) then re-install using the newest forceware drivers form the nvidia site.

chzman_42MDS
06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks again for all the replies! My card really is not on the low end, not the best but far from low. Geforce 7600GS 256mb, 1.5gig RAM. anyway heres where i am at now. I jumped through all the hoops one at a time till i did this one and it seems to have helped. I think my sound card Sound Blaster live 24bit (now this piece of hardware, is deff on the low end now a days!) any way it did not like my setting at basic acceleration, so i changed that to full, and the game has launched several times without crashing. And no more black,blue, yellow boxes. i am an old school GR Desert Siege, Island Thunder junkie. This one is really different, and loads of fun. I will follow up on this, to let you folks know if that helped for good or not.

ThumperDFN
06-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for hangin' in there, man! GRAW1 and GRAW2 are good games.