PDA

View Full Version : A map help idea

actionhank1786
12-13-2005, 02:39 AM
Ok, this is just a crazy idea, but i've got photoshop and was reading the thread about wanting ground textures.
I was thinking, if i could see a picture of what the 512x512 ground tiles look like (actually this could be for anyone willing to try) we could try and make our own. But i dont have a clue where to start, but i'd be willing to try and make something.
Just an Idea, i hope Ianboys sees this!

actionhank1786
12-13-2005, 02:39 AM
Ok, this is just a crazy idea, but i've got photoshop and was reading the thread about wanting ground textures.
I was thinking, if i could see a picture of what the 512x512 ground tiles look like (actually this could be for anyone willing to try) we could try and make our own. But i dont have a clue where to start, but i'd be willing to try and make something.
Just an Idea, i hope Ianboys sees this!

chris455
12-16-2005, 01:00 PM
It's an interesting idea Hank, but couple of things:
I've heard that the map-making tool is one of the most complex and expensive tools for FB that 1C has, also, wouldn't you need access to the game code? (which will <hopefully> never be relesed to the general public).
Just thoughts-
Chris

Tater-SW-
12-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Ian already talked about making map tiles in the help with Burma thread. There are even examples there. Making the terrain texture tiles isn't that hard in principal (though doing a nice job with tiles than have to match at the edges is certainly challenging).

tater