PDA

View Full Version : An idea for a HUGE improvement.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 09:44 AM
I will talking about killing and stunning. You know how their is an X over your target and NPC? And a B over your pursuer. Well that DANG B gives you away SO MUCH. It doesn't let people get focus kills in crowds. And incognito pursuers get their butts kicked. Only time I can focus kill if it's arial kill.

So here is the improvement. We take away the X button and B button over people's heads. You may ask "But how will I know if I'm in killing range". Well what if they just put some symbol over EVERYONE'S head. So you know they are in killing range but you won't know if it's a pursuer or not.

But this seems to give pursuers more of an advantage. So what we do is make counter-stunning harder. I'm not sure about the timing but it should be 25-50% less then the current one.

This would help gameplay a lot, as pursuers that charge right at you will be stunned easier, and those who are stealthy get rewarded.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 09:44 AM
I will talking about killing and stunning. You know how their is an X over your target and NPC? And a B over your pursuer. Well that DANG B gives you away SO MUCH. It doesn't let people get focus kills in crowds. And incognito pursuers get their butts kicked. Only time I can focus kill if it's arial kill.

So here is the improvement. We take away the X button and B button over people's heads. You may ask "But how will I know if I'm in killing range". Well what if they just put some symbol over EVERYONE'S head. So you know they are in killing range but you won't know if it's a pursuer or not.

But this seems to give pursuers more of an advantage. So what we do is make counter-stunning harder. I'm not sure about the timing but it should be 25-50% less then the current one.

This would help gameplay a lot, as pursuers that charge right at you will be stunned easier, and those who are stealthy get rewarded.

E-Zekiel
11-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Terrible idea. The way to go is just watch your target more carefully. Know who your target is BEFORE you go into the crowd. Don't go into the crowd and then try to figure out who it is. That's just...well, stupid.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Terrible idea. The way to go is just watch your target more carefully. Know who your target is BEFORE you go into the crowd. Don't go into the crowd and then try to figure out who it is. That's just...well, stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How the hell is it stupid? So many times I was incognito near my target. And he had NO idea I was a pursuer, until he saw a giant B over my head.

E-Zekiel
11-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Because you should not approach your target unless it is with intent to kill, not intent to figure out who your target is.

SeekReality
11-21-2010, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Because you should not approach your target unless it is with intent to kill, not intent to figure out who your target is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

QFT

Rainie
11-21-2010, 11:33 AM
How do you know he had no idea beforehand that you're his pursuer? I've caught people following me soley based on the way they walk, when they get close enough I use a smokebomb and stun them, I don't even wait for the O (or I guess it's B for xbox) to appear on their heads. Being close to your pursuer isn't the only way to find out who they are.

And I don't see your point that incognito hunters are at a disadvantage, I go for the incog-kill all the time and can get it 80% of the time. There are times I do get killed along the way but that's because I forgot to look around me.

And I agree with E-Zekiel, be cautious when you enter a crowd, If you're walking differently than a bunch of npcs, and walking towards your target then it's easier to notice you. I personally walk around the crowds and try to guess where my target is going next. Once I figure that out I let them walk to me before I kill thrm

rb2610
11-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I think what he means is that he's finding it hard to get the focus bonus which requires you to stand next to your target for some time when your position is given away by the 'b'.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 06:47 PM
It only comes up if you're facing the pursuer, so if you come up BEHIND someone and wait, they have to turn around. As they do so, you hit square, and you still get the kill. And the incognito bonus if you did a half-decent job of getting there.