PDA

View Full Version : stunning camping

Andres_ak47.
04-24-2011, 05:16 PM
when I get stunned, the other guy just waits unitl I get back up and stunns me again, and again, and again, and again.
does anybody know how to handle this??

Andres_ak47.
04-24-2011, 05:16 PM
when I get stunned, the other guy just waits unitl I get back up and stunns me again, and again, and again, and again.
does anybody know how to handle this??

StuffedInABoxx
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
press the button to change profile sets when you get stunned. Y on xbox...I'm guessing triangle os PS3

indulgence82
04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
as he said above... but it does not work in alliance(advanced or regular), if you have recently killed a civilian, or if your muted (timing has to be perfect on the mute)

obliviondoll
04-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Nobody mentioned that if it's the same person doing it over and over, you can just mash the kill button. You regain ability to kill before the guy who just stunned you is able to stun again. It takes two players to keep one down.

If you're in Alliance and this happens, get a better teammate, or if you're near the enemy and your teammate's not, make SURE you kill one before getting stunned (Aerial/Gun if you need to - just DON'T get caught before killing).

FormOppo
04-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Be creative. I break up their fun by using Templar Vision and killing one of the guys with my Hidden Gun first. Then I try for a kill. No more secrets will be released.

Telum-Dei
04-24-2011, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FormOppo:
Be creative. I break up their fun by using Templar Vision and killing one of the guys with my Hidden Gun first. Then I try for a kill. No more secrets will be released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank god, cause that secret sucks donkey balls.

Chernzobog
04-24-2011, 07:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FormOppo:
Be creative. I break up their fun by using Templar Vision and killing one of the guys with my Hidden Gun first. Then I try for a kill. No more secrets will be released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, seriously?
Templar vision and a gun are the 2 most useless abilities to bring against a stunlocking team.
Want to know why?
1) They're not trying to hide. They want to actively punch you because that's where the points are-- not blend and hope you'll go away. Watch a stun lock team in action and you can immediately tell who they are without the use of TV.
2) Oh, the hidden gun. Yes, yes, you kill one of them but so what? It's a massive cool down for 100 points AND it gives them their reset cooldowns much, much faster thus allowing them to be even more efficient at stunning. And once you've used your useless TV and your gun to shoot one, then what? You're utterly defenseless against their teammates.

You say shooting stunlockers ruins their fun? As part of a stun locking team, I completely disagree. Shoot me and please keep shooting me until I have my resets. You're just giving me more points and stuns in the long run. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dave0718
04-24-2011, 07:32 PM
completely agree with chernzobog

tv and gun for breaking a stunlock couldnt be worse options

I don't really feel like posting ways to break a stunlock because i enjoy stunning way too much.LOL

Ignotus_81
04-24-2011, 07:37 PM
smoke bomb.

FormOppo
04-24-2011, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chernzobog:

Heh, seriously?
Templar vision and a gun are the 2 most useless abilities to bring against a stunlocking team.
Want to know why?
1) They're not trying to hide. They want to actively punch you because that's where the points are-- not blend and hope you'll go away. Watch a stun lock team in action and you can immediately tell who they are without the use of TV.
2) Oh, the hidden gun. Yes, yes, you kill one of them but so what? It's a massive cool down for 100 points AND it gives them their reset cooldowns much, much faster thus allowing them to be even more efficient at stunning. And once you've used your useless TV and your gun to shoot one, then what? You're utterly defenseless against their teammates.

You say shooting stunlockers ruins their fun? As part of a stun locking team, I completely disagree. Shoot me and please keep shooting me until I have my resets. You're just giving me more points and stuns in the long run. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It worked on you and your team this week. You all got frantic and ran across the map. Remember the fun? You still got good scores, but so did I.

FormOppo
04-24-2011, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave0718:
completely agree with chernzobog

tv and gun for breaking a stunlock couldnt be worse options

I don't really feel like posting ways to break a stunlock because i enjoy stunning way too much.LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I prevent stun locking by thinning the herd, first.

Chernzobog
04-24-2011, 08:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chernzobog:

Heh, seriously?
Want to know why?

You say shooting stunlockers ruins their fun? As part of a stun locking team, I completely disagree. Shoot me and please keep shooting me until I have my resets. You're just giving me more points and stuns in the long run. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It worked on you and your team this week. You all got frantic and ran across the map. Remember the fun? You still got good scores, but so did I. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we were running across the map, it was to get to one of our designated non-aerial zones so we could regroup and continue stunning. We're don't run because we get 'frantic' - we run to reform ASAP. And it would take more than one grandmaster with a hidden gun to rattle us, just saying. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif There are matches where everyone on the opposing team has a gun and we can still stunlock pretty well.

Re the thinning the herd: like I said, yeah you shoot one of us, but you have nothing to protect yourself against the other 3. And nothing you say can convince me TV is ever worth it against a stunlock team-- want a good lock? Let your teammates run in there and get punched once. There you go.

FormOppo
04-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Heh, seriously?
Want to know why?

It worked on you and your team this week. You all got frantic and ran across the map. Remember the fun? You still got good scores, but so did I. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we were running across the map, it was to get to one of our designated non-aerial zones so we could regroup and continue stunning. We're don't run because we get 'frantic' - we run to reform ASAP. And it would take more than one grandmaster with a hidden gun to rattle us, just saying. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif There are matches where everyone on the opposing team has a gun and we can still stunlock pretty well.

Re the thinning the herd: like I said, yeah you shoot one of us, but you have nothing to protect yourself against the other 3. And nothing you say can convince me TV is ever worth it against a stunlock team-- want a good lock? Let your teammates run in there and get punched once. There you go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, I get it. I am just saying that I have a tactic.

Chernzobog
04-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Heh, seriously?
Want to know why?

Re the thinning the herd: like I said, yeah you shoot one of us, but you have nothing to protect yourself against the other 3. And nothing you say can convince me TV is ever worth it against a stunlock team-- want a good lock? Let your teammates run in there and get punched once. There you go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, I get it. I am just saying that I have a tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Play how you want to. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm not discouraging that or trying to start a fight here. Just giving you my 2 cents.

FormOppo
04-24-2011, 08:19 PM
It was fun playing against you and your crew.

Chernzobog
04-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for you in future matches http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

metalgearso1971
04-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Without trying to cause a fight, but what other stuff do you guys do, besides stun-locking? From what I read it's the only thing you guys actually enjoy, so yeah, that made me curious.

Tactics against stun-locking? Hmm, let me think. Most of the time I discovered stun-lockers are quite obvious to discover, so I just let them come to me and show them what a hidden gun can do when they're still too far away. I always die laughing when they start to scream at me because they can't get their points.

Or I'll just use a smoke bomb or something. Or run away to a safe spot. It all depends on the mood I'm in.

JTS_812
04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Yea, me personally i go in with smoke bomb to get 2 at once, if no smoke bomb I don't risk getting smoked by them so I Aerial

DaveAzoicer
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I find it quite amusing how people call stun-locking a "pro" tactic.

It's not hard to walk to someone who just been stunned and cast a smoke and stun them again.

But that's just me, I prefer a fair game.

Eldest219
04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
So fair would be letting them get up and kill you?

"Okay, since I just stunned you, you can kill me now."

thergbcolor
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
I think characterizing stun-locking as unfair is probably going too far. It's a very aggressive tactic, but being aggressive and maintaining the advantage that it gives is how you win. So it's possible that a good team with aggressive tactics might never use stunlocking.

Another point - there's only one mode that doesn't let you desynch and respawn after you're stunned, to my knowledge. In every other game, Ubi built that option in. So I think it's fair to say they knew stun-locking was not only possible, but likely, and they gave you the easiest way in the world to avoid it.

What isn't "fair" is suggesting that the other team has a responsibility to make sure you stay competitive.

Murcuseo
04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't say stun locking is a pro move, but it's certainly not unfair. If someone stun locks you, there is always the opportunity for you, to do it to them. It's a game mechanic that is there to be taken advantage of.

It helps you control the game but it also has it's down sides. Like leaving you out in the open and making you obvious. You also have to concentrate on the stun and looking for incoming traffic.

Stun locking is easy. Doing it properly, is hard.

JTS_812
04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
^^^Agreed
Couldn't have said it better than those last 2 posts, I always think it is funny when people complain about it(I don't play a lot of Alliance), even though they have every opportunity in the world to triangle or Y out, it's a pretty simple concept I think.
------------------------------------------------
That said when you think of a "pro," you think of someone you takes advantage of all circumstances. Kind of sounds like the definition of stun-locking right? Taking advantage of that scenario, seems like something a "pro" would do. Just saying.

Andres_ak47.
04-25-2011, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eldest219:

"Okay, since I just stunned you, you can kill me now." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"Oh yes Im so dam fanf...tastic, stunn me over and over I dont care"
I hit the kill button as many times I can but still not work, I had to wait until somebody kills him.
But its okay, it is part of the mp to play against this kind of guys.

JTS_812
04-25-2011, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andres91ak47:
I hit the kill button as many times I can but still not work, I had to wait until somebody kills him.
But its okay, it is part of the mp to play against this kind of guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume this post is one of sarcasm, yes?

Andres_ak47.
04-25-2011, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JTS_812:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andres91ak47:
But its okay, it is part of the mp to play against this kind of guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume this post is one of sarcasm, yes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
just the sentence with the "

Dave0718
04-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Babies gonna cry cause they got knocked the @#!& out.

stun-locking is in actuality quite hard to get all 4 people down and swithching up to keep all 4 down but when that does work it's beautiful

so if you want to wait till we screw up and u can get up and kill one of us you can do that, or press triangle,or xbox equivalent,and stop whining like a little baby

FormOppo
04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I hate being stunlocked! I LOVE stunlocking!

JTS_812
04-25-2011, 05:30 PM
sorry, but in that case I agree with Dave to a degree, honestly if your playing against a good team(especially a team with mics) I wouldn't risk giving the other players the extra stuns, just change the profile and get out.
---------------------------------------
My friend happened to tell me a story about a person that kept saying "Don't worry I got this, or I got him this time" in a Chest Capture match. Needless to say the video is on Youtube, I wont be naming names.

FlailingAmigo
04-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Yay, ANOTHER Stunlocking thread

Pirate_PL
04-25-2011, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eldest219:

"Okay, since I just stunned you, you can kill me now." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But its okay, it is part of the mp to play against this kind of guys.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I assume you play Alliance, cause you didn't make it clear.
There are practically 2 or 3 (not sure about the third) ways out of a stunlock:
1. With the help of your teammate. He just needs to kill one of your targets. The other one won't be able to keep you both on the ground.
2. With the help of your pursuers. Either they stun your targets or generally create enough chaos for you to get out of it, or they kill you and you'll try not to get stunlocked again.
3. It might be possible to use mute or a smoke bomb, just after getting up, and before the next stun. I don't get stunlocked a lot so I can't exactly tell if it works.

MrJLBoyyy
04-25-2011, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlailingAmigo:
Yay, ANOTHER Stunlocking thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
inorite?

I do NOT like stunlocking, but it's a tactic and I can't say I don't do it. I personally would like to have games where people don't do it just to see the score difference. Because you know... stunlocking is pretty cheap since people don't know basic tactics like aerials or luring out their smokes and whatnot. I always enjoy one-man stunlocking (corner trick ftw) and I think that's a valid tactic. It's also always fun to get about nine stuns solo with smoke and mute even though I only did that a few times (hilarious, nevertheless).

The end.

FlailingAmigo
04-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Firecrackers over smoke/mute anyday.

They may be easy to mash X and get a kill, but it is bloody hard to mash B and still get consistant stuns. Sure, you might get one or even 2 if you're lucky, but keeping everyone down in near impossible.

Quite frankly, if a team can still stunlock through firecrackers, they deserve the extra points

indulgence82
04-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Personally I dislike stun lock in coop. In any other format the opponent has the option to go back to profile and if they are too greedy, dumb, or selfish to drop out its their fault. I do it frequently in team formats.

In coop there is no such option besides leaving the game(which I do) to avoid it. Please spare me the "dont get locked" comment because all it takes is 1 stun or 1 kill and bad respawn to get locked.

The only time I stun lock in coop is when I can't afford to leave the area(target nearby the 1 extra stun gives me the needed time to kill) or when I run into a team that locks(delivering karma is good for the soul.)

Lethalla
04-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forums, indulgence! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What I'd like to know is why, in my very first game on XBox, I got put in a team against Cherznobog and i2eign_Dovvn... I had no rank so why did it put me up against 4 GM? I didn't even have disguise.

Every other game since, I have been put into Ranked matches with other players who have no Templar Grade yet. Which is as it should be, I believe.

FlailingAmigo
04-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Lethalla, what is your GT now you've joined the Dark Side? I'll keep a look out for you

Chernzobog
04-25-2011, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lethalla:
Welcome to the forums, indulgence! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What I'd like to know is why, in my very first game on XBox, I got put in a team against Cherznobog and i2eign_Dovvn... I had no rank so why did it put me up against 4 GM? I didn't even have disguise.

Every other game since, I have been put into Ranked matches with other players who have no Templar Grade yet. Which is as it should be, I believe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need to get an easier name to spell, haha. Or a cookie every time it's typoed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sorry about that Lethalla--all I can say is that the sorting system for ranked is seriously messed up and has been since day 1. I remember being a level 12 and going against several 40's and a 50 or two (back in the day when we didn't have grades and just levels. Remember them good ole times?) I was so low level I was getting muted when I didn't even know wtf a mute was. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I feel bad now. xD If you have a mic, feel free to add me for some tips/hints/random ranked fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DaveAzoicer
04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Ok unfair might have been the wrong word.

And yes if they would actually be fighting a equally "working" team (as in they as well uses microphones and know what they're doing), then go ahead stun-lock all you want.

But what I've seen are people who stun-lock even the tiny not even level 10 players AKA beginners.
For no apparent reason except: "Hey look I'm pro, I can stun-lock you by mashing a button when you get up".

And it's not really impressive.

And Elderst if you dont understand what I meant, which I at least think is quite obvious in the text. At least try to read it twice.

E-Zekiel
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM

Heh, seriously?
Want to know why?

Gun is not useless against a stunlocking team. It unquestionably kills one without you having to even risk getting stunned.

In fact it's one of the best anti-stunlocking abilities. Not #1 or anything, but above most abilities.

Chernzobog
04-26-2011, 01:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Heh, seriously?
Want to know why?

Gun is not useless against a stunlocking team. It unquestionably kills one without you having to even risk getting stunned.

In fact it's one of the best anti-stunlocking abilities. Not #1 or anything, but above most abilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps but only if it's combined with something more useful than TV. I've used gun/smoke playing against fellow clan kitties but your teammates have to be ready to take advantage of the 4 man advantage. And there's still the problems of the long cooldowns and giving them their resets faster

Lethalla
04-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Don't feel bad, Cherznobog, I've stunlocked with the best of 'em on PS3...

I don't have a Templar ranking yet, as I only played a couple of Ranked games before the scores "reset" yesterdaŭ (assuming it works, now, that is). I have managed to make it to level 39, though, in 2.5 days... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Please add me, if you want - Gamertag is LADSinblack71.

Dave0718
04-26-2011, 01:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

In fact it's one of the best anti-stunlocking abilities. Not #1 or anything, but above most abilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If youre good u don't need to use a crappy ability like gun to break up a stun-lock,if youre 4 person team cant kill the other 4 without long distance insta-kill, then you need to get better at it.

FormOppo
04-26-2011, 06:53 AM

Heh, seriously?
Want to know why?

Perhaps but only if it's combined with something more useful than TV. I've used gun/smoke playing against fellow clan kitties but your teammates have to be ready to take advantage of the 4 man advantage. And there's still the problems of the long cooldowns and giving them their resets faster </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
TV is not the best choice w/hidden gun-I figured that out last night. Sometimes playing w/random team members is frustrating-if they don't have the same idea about stun-locking. Time to adjust a profile set and get back into a game....

metalgearso1971
04-26-2011, 08:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave0718:
If youre good u don't need to use a crappy ability like gun to break up a stun-lock,if youre 4 person team cant kill the other 4 without long distance insta-kill, then you need to get better at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allow me to chime in on your words here. You are referring to 4-man teams, I am referring to Alliance. One of my ways to get around stun-locking is to take them out as soon as I can. And I actually met a lot of players who whined about it because to them it wasn't fair. On the other hand they died laughing when they stun-locked people who were new to the game or just happened to respawn at the wrong spot.

Again, this comes from Alliance, I don't think it's fair to stand next to somebody (or two players) and knock them down all the time while they have virtually no chance of countering it. A lot of times it actually happens two people in the same team go down, when one of the two is killed for instance. It happens to everybody. Other players then see an easy chance to get points and stun-lock a loner for minutes in a row. Is that something to be proud of? I wouldn't be really, but that's just my opinion. Add to that my team mates usually spawn on the other side of the map, and I think you will understand why a lot of players hate stun-locking.

Fact is I think Ubi should have given people who play Alliance a chance to triangle out. Because really, stun-locking is quite abused in Alliance games. In answer to that people like me start killing stun-lockers from a distance, so saying people have to resort to using crap abilities or need to get better at it is yet again an excuse that cuts no wood.

My motto is: you stun-lock, alright then I will take you out from a distance or give you a hellish time trying to stun-lock me. Or I will stun-lock you so many times you wish you wouldn't have done it.

I actually consider myself a fair player btw, the people I play with never stun-lock, but do it to us and you will be sorry. And what's really weird is those stun-lockers then start to complain about it. Not everyone, but most of them do.

Just wanted to share that. Carry on everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CrazyShrapnel
04-26-2011, 09:24 AM
They didn't give alliance players a desynch option as it may have put the third team at a disadvantage. ie Team 3 would approach a stunlock, their (stunlocked) targets would desynch and disappear (possibly to prevent their grounded death), leaving the stunlockers free to kill the third team as their own pursuers have just desynched.

Lord_Ethcaz
04-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Every time I see this topic title in the list, I think this topic is about a stunning location to go camping. Somewhere in the mountains, near a lake or something...

I get disappointed every time I actually look inside...

Andres_ak47.
04-26-2011, 03:43 PM
yesterday I played 10 matches and didnt lose any of them . on the ubisoft news section, you can see "dont rely on this ability too much".

xCr0wnedNorris
04-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Oi, welcome to the Forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

metalgearso1971
04-27-2011, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:
They didn't give alliance players a desynch option as it may have put the third team at a disadvantage. ie Team 3 would approach a stunlock, their (stunlocked) targets would desynch and disappear (possibly to prevent their grounded death), leaving the stunlockers free to kill the third team as their own pursuers have just desynched. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. But then again, shouldn't people who play Alliance get at least something to escape stun-locking? I mean, I mash the kill buttton frantically but usually it doesn't work, unless I'm lucky.

Please no replies like time better or anything, just wondering.

CrazyShrapnel
04-27-2011, 07:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metalgearso1971:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:
They didn't give alliance players a desynch option as it may have put the third team at a disadvantage. ie Team 3 would approach a stunlock, their (stunlocked) targets would desynch and disappear (possibly to prevent their grounded death), leaving the stunlockers free to kill the third team as their own pursuers have just desynched. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. But then again, shouldn't people who play Alliance get at least something to escape stun-locking? I mean, I mash the kill buttton frantically but usually it doesn't work, unless I'm lucky.

Please no replies like time better or anything, just wondering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Work with your teammate, treat your targets like threats, use stealth, use aerials, let your targets kill your pursuers for you then thank them with a stabbing, etc.

Or if you find that difficult, just use resistance. It drastically reduces the time you spend stunned and they'll have to pay very close attention to you to keep you down. If you and your teammate both use it they won't be able to stunlock if you're a good distance apart. Though if you somehow both end up stunned on top of each other they will get a lot of points from the faster stuns. It may be better if only one of you uses it as it keeps them on their toes and stops them stunning you both at the same time.

E-Zekiel
04-27-2011, 12:40 PM

If youre good u don't need to use a crappy ability like gun to break up a stun-lock,if youre 4 person team cant kill the other 4 without long distance insta-kill, then you need to get better at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good or not, the application is there. How "good" you are when it comes to countering stunlocks is how many stuns you incur while killing the other team, not so much how many points you get per kill, imo.

Serrachio
04-27-2011, 12:45 PM
An easy solution would be to remove the option of a teammate being able to stun a person earlier in Alliance, having them able to stun them when the person who just stunned them can.

For Manhunt/Chest Capture/Escort, it should remain, but it can be thought of as a tiny bit unfair in Alliance.

obliviondoll
04-28-2011, 12:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
An easy solution would be to remove the option of a teammate being able to stun a person earlier in Alliance, having them able to stun them when the person who just stunned them can.

For Manhunt/Chest Capture/Escort, it should remain, but it can be thought of as a tiny bit unfair in Alliance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's only unfair in Alliance when neither opposing team does anything to counter it.

If you remain stunlocked for any length of time in Alliance, you screwed up, your teammate screwed up, and both your pursuers are screwing up.

And once you've been stunlocked once, you'll be more cautious approaching the targets next time.

Firecrackers are a great way to break up stunlocks - it makes coordinating stuns near-impossible for your targets, so you'll get them to run away at the very least, meaning you only gave away one stun instead of potentially 4 - 5.

Gun is a more valuable anti-stunlock tool in Alliance than Team modes because it removes the ability to stunlock instantly - ONE stun, possibly a second if they have Smoke Bomb available, timing Mute properly for repeat-stunning someone is incredibly hit-and-miss, so you can pretty much rule that out. If they're REALLY good, and decently lucky, FC can sometimes get an extra stun as well.

As for team stunlocking against less skilled opponents, I won't do it, and neither will any players I'm with.

I've been with a group (Clan match with my fellow Reckoners, in fact) where we managed to end up in a 4 vs. 1 Manhunt game, and the guy didn't quit. We were hunting first, but we agreed that there would be no stunlocking until the other team had at least 3 players.

When we hunted him, we took turns getting kills, as well, and mostly kept them relatively low-scoring.

It was only a few seconds in when the team filled up though, so we got a good defense round (and stunlocked like mad for the few seconds we could get away with before someone came from above or shot the right person to free a teammate - they had a few good players)

metalgearso1971
04-28-2011, 01:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
As for team stunlocking against less skilled opponents, I won't do it, and neither will any players I'm with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that is why I think a lot of people are stun-locking. It happened to me countless times, and even after asking people between matches nicely to quit doing it because people are obviously new to the game they still did it.

I'm not necessarily in a ACB clan, but I play with some people and we call ourselves The Jolly Ones. We are not playing for the highest scores, we play for fun. Hence our name. One of the rules of the Jollies is we will not stun-lock, a. because we think it's unfair and b. whatever condition or players there are we always play fair, and c. we hope our ethics will encourage other players to play fair as well. If people start stun-locking us though we will return the favour. And will continue to keep their arses down.

Call it ethics, but our intention is we don't do something to another players we ourselves actually dispise. We have no mercy for notorious stun-lockers though, plainly because if we end up with people who can actually only win by using stun-locks all the time they are automatically on our list of people to teach a lesson. We don't always succeed but I've seen several occasions where notorious stun-lockers turned out to be very immature people who left because to them it's oh so funny to stun-lock people continuously but are really sore losers when it happened to them.

I especially love to teach kiddies with a big mouth a lesson in that area. A few times we met some kids who were not only bad mouthing people because they considered them noobs, they actually said we sucked because we obviously didn't know how dumb we were. The next few matches I made it my mission to keep harassing these idiots, and they left crying really. And all I had to do for that was stun-lock and poison them. Over and over.

I will never laugh at people or call them anything. I may get mad, but I will never yell at anyone besides myself. I treat every player with respect, and because of that (and maybe my older age than most here) I won't do things I consider unfair myself.

To me it's all about respect really. Maybe I stretch it a little too far, but that's just how I am I guess http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dave0718
04-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Alright it comes down to this,either I stun-lock you or i let you get up and kill me,

if you let them kill you,you are really stupid,or you run after you stun,so youre just another runner,ubi put triangle in the game for a reason its not about respect its about using what the game has given you.

so all you that think stun-locking is unfair and disrespectful, you can keep on losing to us guys who take advantage of the system that ubi put in place.

metalgearso1971
04-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Dave, whatever you say dude: I could care less really. I only play Alliance, and my comments relate to that only. So, shut it because I could care less about your 4-man team of stun-lockers. Once again, that triangle **** doesn't work in Alliance. And my comments in this thread where all about a. asking people what they do to avoid being stun-locked and b. how I personally feel about stun-locking.

Your comments and especially your freaking attitude towards what I said shows you're the type of person I'll gladly stun-lock for 10 minutes in a row. And do it over and over again because I'll gladly put your money where your mouth is.

I explained why I feel it's unfair and why I will not do it to anyone unless they start it themselves, and whatever you think of that doesn't even bother me. To me it IS about respect, and whatever you think of that I could care less.

"You can keep on losing to us guys"? You've got some attitude there. It actually makes me laugh because I've met so many players over the years saying that exact same thing. And in the end they went down, because there's always someone more skillful out there. I know people who would love to play against you, only to show you they may not even be more skilled but also have the proper attitude about it. So, safe me your attitude dude, because it ****es me off.

I saw other replies from you in other threads talking down on people, and I sure as hell will not take that from anyone.

Dave0718
04-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Hey i'm just tired of people yelling at me cause i use what the game gives me. yeah alliance sucks cause you cant triangle, i dont play it.

But i dont like being called unskilled,disrespectful,or all the other names you can call me because i dont want you to get up and kill me.

I'ts people like you who think youre better than ppl like me that **** me off. Why just because you play different, theres alot of ways to play and stun-locking is a style that is a tactic for getting points for your team, unlike running and dying.

And i talk down on people who pm me calling me a bad player cause i play a certain way, but trust me the amount of people that ive helped with this game truly know what i'm about.

You think you know me, you have no clue.

metalgearso1971
04-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Well, show me the quotes where I said I'm better than you? I don't think you'll find them anywhere. The same goes for calling you anything?

I gave my general personal opinion about players who stun-lock, and I believe you were the one saying guys like me will keep losing to guys like you? Did I name you? No. Did I name anybody else? No.

I also never PM anybody about how they play. Like I care how others play. Everybody indeed plays in his own way, and I'm the last person to say anything about that. I do have an opinion though, and just like you I share that here.

But don't go talk to me like I will lose to you or anyone else. You tell me I don't know you. Indeed, I don't. You don't know me either, so why assume I will lose to players like you? I admit I may not be the best player out there, but I surely can hold my own when I need to.

I have 20+ years of online gaming experience and I met a lot of different players. I met people who claimed to be better than the rest, but in the end there's always someone better than any of us out there. That's something different from what you claim I said about being better than you.

Yes, everybody plays in his own way. That's fine by me, but there's no need to have an attitude about how you play or how you feel others should be playing. I may have come across like that, if so I apologize.

Dave0718
04-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Alright,i never said you pm'ed me but you did mention me talking down in other threads,i only did that because he pm like 6 times callin me all sort of nasty little things.

And i apologize if i seem arrogant but I dont see another way of winning and getting a whole bunch of points in "MANHUNT" and you do that by stun-locking, ive asked people how do i get usual points without stun-locking i like to make sure my teamates get kills on offense so i only get 5-8 kills a game so i gotta rely on teamwork on defense to get points.

So no sarcasm here, what is the other way of getting major points in manhunt without stun-locking?

obliviondoll
04-28-2011, 03:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metalgearso1971:
Call it ethics, but our intention is we don't do something to another players we ourselves actually dispise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can appreciate that, and I won't dispute your logic.

I personally consider that if I'm getting stunlocked, I've done something wrong, so I don't mind it happening to me. EVERY time I've been stunlocked in Alliance, it's been because I WALKED INTO IT.

metalgearso1971
04-28-2011, 03:35 AM
@Dave: apologies accepted. As for your question, I think that depends on what you personally like to achieve in terms of scores. To me this game is not about winning for starters, so I don't really care about scores. I prefer quality kills really, I rather have less kills achieved by what I call a high standard, than to resort to stun-locks. I also am known to support team mates, and doing so gives me satisfaction. So, in short, I like to win but for me it's not necessary, so the methods I use are different from others. As long as I achieve a certain amount of points in the way that satisfies me it's all good. As I said earlier, I am a different player than most of the people here.

@obliviondoll: I actually never walked into a stun-lock, because I prefer defensive play. That doesn't mean I stick to that though. The stun-locks I ended up in mostly happened because I was preoccupied stunning my pursuers and the other team just waited for that to happen. Now tell me, what did I do wrong there? Considering my team mate got killed earlier and spawned on the other side of the map?

I had no chance of running away either, I had to deal with my pursuers and the ones I hunted at the same time and my pursuers came up close enough so I had to act. The ones I hunted just waited in ambush, only to stun-lock me when I was busy fending with two pursuers. There's no way you can survive that on your own. That is basically the scenario I end up in most of the time.

obliviondoll
04-28-2011, 04:05 AM
@obliviondoll: I actually never walked into a stun-lock, because I prefer defensive play. That doesn't mean I stick to that though. The stun-locks I ended up in mostly happened because I was preoccupied stunning my pursuers and the other team just waited for that to happen. Now tell me, what did I do wrong there? Considering my team mate got killed earlier and spawned on the other side of the map?

I had no chance of running away either, I had to deal with my pursuers and the ones I hunted at the same time and my pursuers came up close enough so I had to act. The ones I hunted just waited in ambush, only to stun-lock me when I was busy fending with two pursuers. There's no way you can survive that on your own. That is basically the scenario I end up in most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't stunlock and stop looking around for your targets.

Even just keeping an eye on the compass and listening for the line of sight tone should give you plenty of warning when they're coming your way.

You SHOULD have some form of defensive ability, if possible, and if you're in the middle of stunlocking your pursuers, you've probably had time for them to reload if you used them.

Drop Smoke Bomb as your target moves in, get your kill (try for focus if you can get away with it). When you die, and you will, you know you only gave away 400 points instead of 500+ to the people stunlocking you.

If you mean you were about to get killed, and your target was close (or both of them were), Smoke the pursuer(s), and RUN. Get yourself a quick kill on one of your targets (Silent if you can get away with it), or just get away if it's an option.

You're in a position where you can't get away from everyone, but you can limit the damage. Don't pick the option that gets you trapped giving away 600 points as a minimum, and usually 900 or more.

Option 1: You stun your pursuer - 200 points. You then get stunlocked by your targets while they get a 500 point Incognito/Saviour/Grounded kill. Assuming they only get 4 stuns, and only get one Knock Out bonus from each, your targets comes out with 1200 points worth of stuns. 1700 points total given to one opposing team, while earning 200 points for yourself.

Option 2: You drop Smoke and run away. Probably starting a chase with one target or both, giving away a maximum of 200 points to your targets. If your pursuers chase you, then you're only giving away maximum of 200 points on their chase kill. Total 400 points given away. 200 points per team.

Option 3: Smoke, then go for a kill - you've got a good chance of having to go for the chase kill, potentially only getting 150 points - Saviour is a guaranteed +50 at this stage. You MIGHT get stunned, and give away 200 points to your targets, then die, potentially giving another 500 points to your pursuer. 700 points total given away, and 150 points earned.

Sometimes option 2 isn't possible, so often you'll have to choose between 1 and 3. Which do you choose? From the sound of things, you've been taking option 1 - might be worth trying a new strategy.

Murcuseo
04-28-2011, 04:08 AM
@Dave: apologies accepted. As for your question, I think that depends on what you personally like to achieve in terms of scores. To me this game is not about winning for starters, so I don't really care about scores. I prefer quality kills really, I rather have less kills achieved by what I call a high standard, than to resort to stun-locks. I also am known to support team mates, and doing so gives me satisfaction. So, in short, I like to win but for me it's not necessary, so the methods I use are different from others. As long as I achieve a certain amount of points in the way that satisfies me it's all good. As I said earlier, I am a different player than most of the people here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?. For starters, quality kills give you the highest points, so that's a bit of an oxymoron. If you're going for quality rather than quantity, by all rights, you are aiming to win. Also, I think you'll find that most of the higher standard of player that frequent this forum have a similar mind set to yours. So trying to put yourself into a minority by saying that, doesn't make it true.

I had no chance of running away either, I had to deal with my pursuers and the ones I hunted at the same time and my pursuers came up close enough so I had to act. The ones I hunted just waited in ambush, only to stun-lock me when I was busy fending with two pursuers. There's no way you can survive that on your own. That is basically the scenario I end up in most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You actually answered your own question there. What you did wrong was not pay attention to the situation, so technically that is your fault. You let yourself get in to that position in the first place. You could have ran away initially before you dealt with your pursuers, let your targets kill your pursuers, then move in and kill your targets. There is always another option in how to deal with a situation in this game. To be honest, you could have a also just died, that would have stopped the stun lock as well.

Adapt or fail.

Xmbm
04-28-2011, 05:15 AM
Robson and I are both stungods aren't we? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Murcuseo
04-28-2011, 05:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xmbm:
Robson and I are both stungods aren't we? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear, you see what you've done. Now that you've made the claim I have to confirm or deny, which only leaves me with one option...

<span class="flash-video"><object codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
height="630"
width="800"
><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8h8snfYidg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"
name="movie"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="always"
/><embed allowScriptAccess="never"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
wmode="transparent"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
height="630"
width="800"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8h8snfYidg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"
/></object></span>

freeze131
04-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Haha, I remember I was playing a 4 v 2 Manhunt for some reason, and the 2 players were just stun locked by the entire team. First time I ever saw a stunlock as well, made me laugh so hard.

i2eign_DoVVn
04-28-2011, 10:54 AM
EVERY DAY THERE IS A NEW POST WITH PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT STUN LOCKING!!

LEARN THE GAME!!! STUNNING IS WHAT MAKES ACB MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW STOP CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WAY THE GAME WAS MEANT TO BE!!!!!!!

GET OVER IT AND GO BACK TO YOUR FRIGGEN LAME a55 SHOOTER GAMES. THIS IS NOT CALL OF DUTY! Don't want to get stunned? GET BETTER. Christ.

Not fair? What person in their right mind is going to let you get up and kill them just because they stunned you first? Seriously? Are you guys that bad? If you wanna get up and get a kill in a stun box use resistance and stop whining like a little girl or Y-OUT!!!!!! I mean seriously this is ridiculous. This game has been out since November, figure out how to play or find someone who knows how to teach you!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE.

CrazyShrapnel
04-28-2011, 11:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i2eign_DoVVn:
EVERY DAY THERE IS A NEW POST WITH PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT STUN LOCKING!!

LEARN THE GAME!!! STUNNING IS WHAT MAKES ACB MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW STOP CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WAY THE GAME WAS MEANT TO BE!!!!!!!

GET OVER IT AND GO BACK TO YOUR FRIGGEN LAME a55 SHOOTER GAMES. THIS IS NOT CALL OF DUTY! Don't want to get stunned? GET BETTER. Christ.

Not fair? What person in their right mind is going to let you get up and kill them just because they stunned you first? Seriously? Are you guys that bad? If you wanna get up and get a kill in a stun box use resistance and stop whining like a little girl or Y-OUT!!!!!! I mean seriously this is ridiculous. This game has been out since November, figure out how to play or find someone who knows how to teach you!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!!! But you still have to steer.

Andres_ak47.
04-28-2011, 12:43 PM
again: I dont have any problem with this.

Murcuseo
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!!! But you still have to steer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Day = Complete.

obliviondoll
04-28-2011, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i2eign_DoVVn:
Y-OUT!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How many people have mentioned they're talking about Alliance?

You know... that game mode where you CAN'T do that? Yeah... Good advice though.

And don't worry, I'm not objecting to what you're saying, I agree with you. I just think you could be a little more polite about it.

Just because it's been out since November, doesn't mean everybody bought it then.

metalgearso1971
04-29-2011, 12:22 AM
To all those people who fell over me, I could care less what you think. Because the level of intelligence you show in your posts tells me your opinions should never mean anything to me.

The fact you guys have to resort to USING CAPS and rudeness tells more about you than it does about me in that aspect. So for once let me be rude: GO FALL OFF A LOG. That's right, I never yell at people but some of you don't deserve any better at this point.

Learn the game huh? I suggest the guy who said that learns to talk in a decent way to people. As long as you can't talk normally towards me, then don't. And the guy using caps, buy yourself a frigging new keyboard. And oh, some people better read ALL my posts completely before they start yelling stuff like Y-out. And for that idiot claiming I was whining, I wasn't. I was giving my personal opinion and you either accept that or shut up. And to that same guy, I don't play Call of Duty. I do play FPS yes, that part you actually DID get right, and I think you may be surprised how many times I would whack your arse on there. Man, how dumb can you be?

I've said this before and I will say it again, if you can't deal with an opinion that opposes yours that's your problem, not mine. You won't see me do the same thing you guys did because you obviously feel attacked for some vague reason. Forgive me for laughing at some punks who think acting tough or talking crap that only partly hits the surface of what I said will impress. Well, I'm not impressed by people yelling stuff because they obviously fail at comprehensive reading or assume the hell out of things because they obviously can't read or read only HALF of what I wrote. Take note of how obliviondoll reacted, many times we don't think alike but he replies in a way I admire and respect. I suggest you either learn that, or steer clear of my posts from now on and just shut up.

So why don't you actually go fall off a log and think long and hard about why I responded the way I did just now to your sorry whiny arses. As I said, I never yell at people but start talking to me the way you guys just did and I'll show you I won't take that from anyone.

CHRIST. PLEASE.

(Adding some more idiots to the list of people to ignore on here. So, don't even bother to reply to anything I say because I won't even be reading your crap)

Dave0718
04-29-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm actually coming around to metalgears point of view,we dont have to be disrespectful,and I think we all have to realize that hes talking about alliance where there is no triangle or Y button to press.

I think that is the primary problem right now is that us that dont have a problem with stun locking play manhunt, where there is no really good way to get points on defense without stunlocking,Ok I get about 5-8 kills per game for about4-7k,to get my desired 10-13k that i like i need stuns and knock-outs to go along with it.

I think we all need to understand that alliance and manhunt are completely different beasts and should not be treated as such.

Adwaenyth
04-29-2011, 01:55 AM
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!!! But you still have to steer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't read that one yet. Thanks, you just made my day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

metalgearso1971
04-29-2011, 01:58 AM
@Dave: some people just think they know it all, so it seems. I'm not saying people may have a point, but if people can't bring that across in a normal way they shouldn't waste my time really.

@adwaeynth: I found that one funny too. Especially the you have to steer part http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Adwaenyth
04-29-2011, 02:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I just think you could be a little more polite about it.

Just because it's been out since November, doesn't mean everybody bought it then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly... just look at my registration date for example.

metalgearso1971
04-29-2011, 02:10 AM
@adwaenyth: haha, good find http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rainin420
04-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Okay, time for me to post about alliance stun-locking.

1: It's the best way to get points in alliance, ubisoft made it that way, its not cheap it's part of the game.

2: Stunlocking gives "knockout" BONUS points for every double-stun, again... part of the game. If we weren't meant to stunlock, why does it give bonus points?

I don't get stunlocked in alliance because i play with a partner who doesn't let that happen. And if we do get stunlocked we messed up and would deal with the consequences. The only way i would get mad is if i was being stunlocked and my persuars were standing around across the map doing nothing. As long as your persuars are coming to try and kill you, unless your targets are really good, you should be fine. Now on the other hand if you just blindly run in cus you dont know what you're doing and me and my partner stunlock you, maybe you should learn a bit more before you come back to play ranked. Ranked is for experienced players and i will not feel bad for stunlocking people that let me.

I can understand how some people might feel this tactic is cheap, but it's a very important part of alliance, and again.. against good players it doesn't work so well. If your pursuers are good you wont get stun-locked, and if you are good you will RARELY if ever both be stun-locked for a long period of time.

Also, you don't need a gun, or firecrackers to prevent stun-locking, all you need is smoke bomb and mute, or if you're really confident just smoke bomb is fine.

It's perfectly fine if you dont agree with this, but i'm fairly sure all the high level players will agree with most or all of what i've said as being pretty spot-on.

Rainin420
04-29-2011, 02:48 AM
I'll even post some tips just because im a nice guy.

1: Like someone mentioned before 1 person running Resistance and 1 without it will make things very hard for stun-lockers.

2: Mute followed by smoke bomb and backup from your partner, if used correctly, will stop any stun-locking before it starts.

3: Don't run around full speed when you're close to your targets, try to sneak in slowly, or use a disguise so they have less of a chance of seeing you coming. When you're close enough strike quickly and surely.

4: If you really can't kill someone any other way, sure whatever pull out your hidden gun and templare vision. But let me just say that this is terrible points for yourself and your team, and only promotes others to shoot you. This isn't fun for anyone.

5: Aerial kills/Acrobatic kills. If you're not on the same level as someone they have less of a chance of stunning you. Try attacking from a rooftop or a wall, or any other obstacle you can climb up/on.

6: Try to fake out your targets if you think they might smoke bomb/stun-lock you. Run at them and fake them out to draw out their smoke bombs.

7: If you really still can't stand stun- locking, you always have the option of:

A: Not playing alliance

B: Not playing ranked alliance

C: Getting better and playing smarter

If there are good/organized teams stunlocking in Player Alliance matches, which i'd be surprised.. that would be something very sad. Generally people that are going for scores are competing for templar pyramid ranks.

Why would anyone trying to compete for rankings not do the fastest form of scoring points just because some people feel that it's a cheap tactic. If you're defending new players, they shouldn't be playing ranked if they can't handle playing against the best templars. If you're just hating on stunlocking because you're not very good and end up getting stun-locked alot, try some of my tips and become a better alliance player! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

metalgearso1971
04-29-2011, 02:59 AM
@rainin420: allow me to reply here, but my reply is not necessarily meant as an attack on you.

I ended up in stun-locks quite a bit at first, it got less and less though. Why I ended up in stun-locks is not just because I walked into it or the other reasons I mentioned earlier on in this thread. Being new to the game accounted for a lot of it actually.

Fact is new players will be caught in it a lot of times. And not everybody is so skilled to adapt to that quickly, as some people tend to reply most of the time. They were all new, but probably forgot and now pretend it never happened to them.

Fact is everybody when they started out got stun-locked, poisoned or whatever, so some people acting like they never got caught in it or wouldn't be caught in it probably experienced the same thing. But instead of trying to explain how to deal with it like obliviondoll and others do they start telling you to learn the game or something similar.

Like a team of 4 stun-locking 2 players? Geez man, how lame can you be? Yeah, they can triangle out but still. As I said, I will steer clear of stun-locking unless someone does it to me. And however people feel about my gaming ethics as you've probably seen in this thread, that is how I play. And if I say I dispise stun-locking than so be it, but to some people that obviously justifies to be an arse about it.

To me it comes to skill and ethics really. That is where I come out. A lot of people skip that ethics part because they don't give a damn, well I just won't.

Just my 5 cents to clarify my point of view. Take care everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rainin420
04-29-2011, 03:09 AM
@rainin420: allow me to reply here, but my reply is not necessarily meant as an attack on you.

I ended up in stun-locks quite a bit at first, it got less and less though. Why I ended up in stun-locks is not just because I walked into it or the other reasons I mentioned earlier on in this thread. Being new to the game accounted for a lot of it actually.

Fact is new players will be caught in it a lot of times. And not everybody is so skilled to adapt to that quickly, as some people tend to reply most of the time. They were all new, but probably forgot and now pretend it never happened to them.

Fact is everybody when they started out got stun-locked, poisoned or whatever, so some people acting like they never got caught in it or wouldn't be caught in it probably experienced the same thing. But instead of trying to explain how to deal with it like obliviondoll and others do they start telling you to learn the game or something similar.

Like a team of 4 stun-locking 2 players? Geez man, how lame can you be? Yeah, they can triangle out but still. As I said, I will steer clear of stun-locking unless someone does it to me. And however people feel about my gaming ethics as you've probably seen in this thread, that is how I play. And if I say I dispise stun-locking than so be it, but to some people that obviously justifies to be an arse about it.

To me it comes to skill and ethics really. That is where I come out. A lot of people skip that ethics part because they don't give a damn, well I just won't.

Just my 5 cents to clarify my point of view. Take care everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, like i said new players shouldn't be playing ranked if they aren't ready to take on the best templars in alliance. The best templars stun-lock. Fact. :/

4 players stun-locking 2 players does suck, but trust me that the 4 person team isn't happy about it either. They want 4 people on the other team so they get the most possible points for both rounds. Infact, teams being uneven 90% of the time in manhunt is why i don't like playing it much. Also.. the 2 people don't ever have to be stun-locked in manhunt they just need to Y or triangle or whatever back to profiles. Anyone who is stun-locked in team either doesn't know how to Y-out or is too stubborn to and thinks they can get out and get kills eventually.

I wont lie i was stunlocked when i was new, probably in manhunt, probably didn't know how to Y out either. But i dont remember ever thinking it was a glitch or a cheap tactic..if anything i probably remembered it and figured out how to do it myself eventually.

metalgearso1971
04-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Just for the record, stun-locking alone doesn't make a good Templar. But whatever, I'm not gonna debate about what makes a good Templar because everybody has a different opinion about that.

Guess I was always stubborn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And still am, but by now I see them coming most of the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rainin420
04-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Just for the record, stun-locking alone doesn't make a good Templar. But whatever, I'm not gonna debate about what makes a good Templar because everybody has a different opinion about that.

Guess I was always stubborn http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And still am, but by now I see them coming most of the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said stun-locking alone made a good templar, just that good templars stun-lock. If you feel this isn't right you're just being naive. Some may not stun-lock but they will not be competitive for points.

kjennings27
04-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I never said stun-locking alone made a good templar, just that good templars stun-lock. If you feel this isn't right you're just being naive. Some may not stun-lock but they will not be competitive for points.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is a matter of being naive, but rather a matter of honor. It does get you points I give you that much, but it isn't right for teams to exclusively play that kind of a hardened defense. It takes the sportsmanship - the element of chance and skill out of the match entirely.

Chernzobog
04-29-2011, 06:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kjennings27:
I never said stun-locking alone made a good templar, just that good templars stun-lock. If you feel this isn't right you're just being naive. Some may not stun-lock but they will not be competitive for points.
I don't think it is a matter of being naive, but rather a matter of honor. It does get you points I give you that much, but it isn't right for teams to exclusively play that kind of a hardened defense. It takes the sportsmanship - the element of chance and skill out of the match entirely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, I disagree. What you're saying is that it takes no skill to stunlock and no skill to crack a stunlock. Uh, what? If you've ever stunlocked with a team you know how hard it is to coordinate your abilities and keep the rotation going--- likewise, if you've ever cracked a stunlock, you know that takes skill too. Some of the most exciting matches I play these days are inter-clan scrimmages where it comes down to which team has the better wall and which team's the better at cracking that wall. It takes a lot of communication and a lot of skill.
As for chance, well, lag's chance in and of itself. Then there are the questions: Will I drop the smoke in time? Will they be spam pressing x carelessly and kill a civilian?
The chance and skill are still there.

kjennings27
04-29-2011, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kjennings27:
I don't think it is a matter of being naive, but rather a matter of honor. It does get you points I give you that much, but it isn't right for teams to exclusively play that kind of a hardened defense. It takes the sportsmanship - the element of chance and skill out of the match entirely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, I disagree. What you're saying is that it takes no skill to stunlock and no skill to crack a stunlock. Uh, what? If you've ever stunlocked with a team you know how hard it is to coordinate your abilities and keep the rotation going--- likewise, if you've ever cracked a stunlock, you know that takes skill too. Some of the most exciting matches I play these days are inter-clan scrimmages where it comes down to which team has the better wall and which team's the better at cracking that wall. It takes a lot of communication and a lot of skill.
As for chance, well, lag's chance in and of itself. Then there are the questions: Will I drop the smoke in time? Will they be spam pressing x carelessly and kill a civilian?
The chance and skill are still there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I follow what you are saying, however I still think it is not nearly as fun or interesting to play a match where it is the ONLY technique the defending team uses. I am speaking more from my own personal preference I suppose. Just because I admire players who put more finesse into their matches, doesn't mean everyone should. By the way, I played a match the other day with you, and we didn't use stun lock exclusively. Still got plenty of stuns. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Good hunting Chernzobog!

FKNLunatick
04-29-2011, 09:13 PM

I follow what you are saying, however I still think it is not nearly as fun or interesting to play a match where it is the ONLY technique the defending team uses. I am speaking more from my own personal preference I suppose. Just because I admire players who put more finesse into their matches, doesn't mean everyone should. By the way, I played a match the other day with you, and we didn't use stun lock exclusively. Still got plenty of stuns. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Good hunting Chernzobog! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd rather face off against a stun-locking team than on that just roof runs the whole damn time.

Dave0718
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Can somebody please for the love of all that is holy tell me what the alternative of stun-locking is.

I want my 10-13k games, if somebody can tell me how to do this,without stealing all of my teamates kills,then i will stop stun-locking.

Remember it's manhunt on defense what else do i do to get 13k?

StuffedInABoxx
04-29-2011, 10:54 PM
I just played a 10k game against a stun-locking team without having a team of my own to stun lock...I don't really know how it worked out that way...but I wasn't complaining!

StarScream391
04-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Can somebody please for the love of all that is holy tell me what the alternative of stun-locking is.

I want my 10-13k games, if somebody can tell me how to do this,without stealing all of my teamates kills,then i will stop stun-locking.

Remember it's manhunt on defense what else do i do to get 13k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hide lol.

Dave0718
04-29-2011, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StuffedInABoxx:
I just played a 10k game against a stun-locking team without having a team of my own to stun lock...I don't really know how it worked out that way...but I wasn't complaining! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how many kills did you get,like i said i dont want to steal my teams kills,5-7kills a game for 13-14k

StuffedInABoxx
04-29-2011, 11:05 PM
I had 12 kills, but it was only me and one other guy. and they had me in stun locks almost my whole offensive set. but I just stuck around and waited for them to mess up instead of Y-ing out

Chernzobog
04-29-2011, 11:49 PM

I follow what you are saying, however I still think it is not nearly as fun or interesting to play a match where it is the ONLY technique the defending team uses. I am speaking more from my own personal preference I suppose. Just because I admire players who put more finesse into their matches, doesn't mean everyone should. By the way, I played a match the other day with you, and we didn't use stun lock exclusively. Still got plenty of stuns. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Good hunting Chernzobog! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remembered your name kjennings from that match or two we had (Sienna was it?) which is why I felt like I should jump in here and add my 2 cents. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I can see where constantly going up against stunlockers can be annoying (or boring after a while) for some people but I personally love trying to figure out a stunlocking team's weakness. If I firecracker them will they drop all their abilities early? Will they notice a disguise? So on, so forth. Especially fun if I'm playing solo and I run into a team I know stunlocks but I'm not all that familiar with how good they are at it.

I also want to add that everyone complains about the stunlocking but no one seems to connect that teams that stun lock (i.e. are coordinated and work well together) also score some pretty sick kills. So it's not like we're just relying on our defensive round to get points-- we play great offense as well. In HKP especially, we're finessed killers! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Those matches we had were fun. I'll keep an eye out for you in the future- always nice to see forum faces in ranked matches!

metalgearso1971
04-30-2011, 04:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rainin420:
I never said stun-locking alone made a good templar, just that good templars stun-lock. If you feel this isn't right you're just being naive. Some may not stun-lock but they will not be competitive for points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you better think first before you call people naive, because yet another member here assumes stuff without actually knowing anything about me. I am not naive, it's the way I play get it?

And you actually believe every good Templar stun-locks? Wow. A LOT of players do NOT stun-lock. And they are damn good players. And they are STILL competitive for points. I've met HUNDREDS of them, in fact MOST people I played with over the past months didn't stun-lock. And A LOT of them actually won. Those are facts. So, again this comment does not cut any wood.

Read this quote brother, and see there are people who actually can get lots of points without stun-locking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StuffedInABox:
I just played a 10k game against a stun-locking team without having a team of my own to stun lock...I don't really know how it worked out that way...but I wasn't complaining! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As for MYSELF, I am NOT competitive for points. I play for fun mostly, and to me fun is fair play. I'm not a point ***** like most of you. I don't give a **** about the Templar grade. If you don't like that, whatever.

As for the caps in my reply, I think it's about time people understand what I'm saying here. Because by now I'm sick and tired of people suggesting I'm either naive or the way I play sucks.

At least this person gets it. I rather finish 3rd or 4th place by using A LOT of different tricks and techniques than gain 3000+ points with stun-locking alone. I rather finish with only 6 kills, because then I will still feel okay about it because I played fair.

EDIT: I also think stun-locking is used because it's an easy way to get easy points. You knock people down, and continue to bash them down without giving them a chance to get up. I've heard clan members say: I do it because I need the points. Oh right, I forgot, they want to be on top of the scoreboards all the time. I think that shows especially clans introduced stun-locking. I personally rather sneak up on my target and make some effort really.

Remember it's manhunt on defense what else do i do to get 13k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think anyone can tell you here, because most people I've seen reply here probably only stun-lock. As for defense I prefer to hide, let them come to me and use stuns and kills to get my points. I kill mostly using Poison, that gives me enough points. When my partner and I stunned our pursuers we usually go to another spot, unless our targets are close so we take them out first.

Interesting question though, so to those who are so hot on defending stun-locking, know of any good alternative?

persiateddy95
04-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Easy, I've already gotten 4-5k on defense without stun-locking. Plus the 6 or even 7k you can work out to get on offense, you do get over 10k.

metalgearso1971
04-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Yep, so true.

obliviondoll
04-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Blending with 3 teammates on Manhunt defense gets you 60 points every few seconds.

Stay in blend group TOGETHER.

When hunters show up, stun and run, get to a new blend group - you'll usually lose 1 or 2 players getting the first couple of stuns, if not, you'll have a free headstart and still have everyone together. Once you're somewhere out of line of sight, re-blend, and repeat.

Aim for areas where it's difficult to approach from the ground without being obvious - then keep an eye on the rooftops and bolt when you see anything suspicious. Climbing up and smoking can work if you're in the right position and know you'll get to them before they can intercept and kill you mid-climb.

Murcuseo
04-30-2011, 09:48 AM

As for MYSELF, I am NOT competitive for points. I play for fun mostly, and to me fun is fair play. I'm not a point ***** like most of you. I don't give a **** about the Templar grade. If you don't like that, whatever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still not sure where the unfair part of stun-locking is. Purely because each team gets the opportunity to do it to the other. Just because you don't want to do it, because you think it's 'unfair' or 'dishonourable' doesn't make it unfair. That's merely your opinion. It would be unfair if it was only one round, but it's not. Personally I don't use stun-locking to point score, I play better defensively(I suck at offence, although I do still try) and it helps me control the match more efficiently. You stun-lock pursuers, which brings your target to you. They either go for the quick kill, risking being killed themselves, or try to work their own stuns in and get the kills while you're down. I don't see how that is any less a legitimate strategy than any offensive suggestion.

This whole fairness/honour thing is crap, as I explained at the start.

This debate is about expectations, and what some people expect of others. Some people expect others to play a certain way, and purely because they don't, some say that their play style is 'unfair' or 'naive'.

As I've read in numerous other threads, dealing with people that play the game differently is part of what makes this game fantastic. I absolutely hate roofing and roofers, but I still roof at times and play against roofers, and enjoy the challenge. Part of the fun for me is learning to adapt, it drives me crazy at times but there are break through moments that help you progress.

This argument, in it's essence, cannot be won. You either do it, or you don't. It's not unfair, or dishonourable.

Adapt or fail.

YourInnate
04-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Ahhh yes, another stun locking thread created and maintained for the lawlz.

Well here goes....

1. Stun locking was intended. The community has known about it since at least the release of the game, and the developers have known about it for longer. By nature of the fact that the mechanic was PURPOSELY implemented in the game, it is fair. If you CHOOSE not to stun lock, you have no right to bash on people who do stun lock. They are CHOOSING to use everything the game offered in terms of playing.

2. This is a game about killing... There is no "fair." There is no "honorable."

3. If you are playing ranked matches, you are playing for the competition. That is why it is called RANKED. You are being RANKED on how well you perform, not how much fun you had. If you do not want to deal with people playing competitively, that is why there are player matches.

4. You want an alternative to stun locking? It's called running. And 90% of the teams who stunlock really well, run even better. Good luck catching up up to us for kills. Is that what you want?

5. We play for the points. Since the dawn of video games, we have always been playing for the points. Mario, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, the list goes on and on. We are playing for points.

6. As mentioned, the best stun locking teams, are also getting greater variety on offense. They are sharing kills, making sure that EVERYONE on the team gets a 5 streak. How do people get competitive scores without stunlocking? They steal kills. Sure, I can get a 10k game without a single stun. But I'm going to get hate mail from my random teammates for taking their kills and getting all the streaks. Wouldn't you rather play "fairly" and distribute the love to the whole team? Stun locking is a team sport. You need at least two to tango.

7. Show me one player who "plays competitively for points" on the top of the team templar grade who doesn't stunlock. Show me one. Show me one in the top 50. I dare you. Most people you've played with over the past few months don't stunlock? I thought you took a hiatus from playing. Should I go look for the thread about you taking a break and just having come back a few weeks ago? The people that are replying here, Rainin, Chernz, Me, we play this game way too much. The three of us collectively put in over a hundred hours a week into being competitive in this game. We see more people than most. We know the metagame better than most. People stunlock if it is the most strategic thing to do. People run if that is the most strategic thing to do. People cook their respawns if that is the most strategic thing to do. Team games are about strategy and getting your team the win. Get with the program.

8. To you, "fun is fair play." To us, fun is winning. We stunlock, therefore we win, therefore we had fun.

9. It's "cool" that you like sneaking up on your target and "making some effort really" but honestly, have you ever tried stunlocking against a team that is good? Have you ever tried breaking a stunlock against a team that is good? I doubt it, because if you did, you'd know it takes almost as much effort as getting an untouchable bonus, and it happens multiple times in one game.

10. QFL and saying that you'd rather come in 3rd or 4th than first. What's "fun" about losing. If you aren't in first, you are in LAST.

TL;DR - Wah Wah Wah. People got up my *** enough about this for me to make a ****y list of the reasons why they are wrong and why stunlocking is fun, moral, fair, and ultimately, INTENDED BY THE GAME DEVELOPERS.

Alternatives to stun locking if you are that buttsore about the topic and absolutely refuse to do it....

PLAY FREE FOR ALL

Chernzobog
04-30-2011, 11:42 AM
^ This. Listen to the man, he speaks sense! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Can I also add that the other day I was playing ranked solo and I was put onto a team with a bunch of randoms that were working out how to stunlock together. My immediate thought, summarized so neatly in this smiley: 0_o
was 'holy wow.'

Not because they were trying to stunlock but because these were randoms that didn't know each other, engaging in the most communicating I've heard among a bunch of unrelated players in...geez, how many days have I clocked in? 20?

Hop into a lobby where no one knows each other and you'll be lucky to find a guy that has a mic, luckier even to find a guy that has a mic that doesn't immediately insult you, and lucky beyond belief to find a team that all have mics, that are all willing to work together.
The next game, all these unrelated randoms and I were helping each other not only with defense but offense- he's right there! That's my lock but take it if you need it. etc. It was a cool way to meet new people. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Long story short: killing is more of the solitary half of manhunt. Defense is where you need your team to come together and have your back. If stunlocking is a way to achieve this, a way to foster communication between players, and a way to, you know, work as a TEAM that was deliberately integrated into the game by the developers, then I don't see anything wrong with it.
Innate's right- you have a choice to utilize this game mechanic or not. But just recognize that the choice is there and that you shouldn't 'look down' on the people that decide to use a technique that's up for grabs and been up for grabs for months now.

-Chernz out!

Dave0718
04-30-2011, 07:36 PM
the two posts above mine are absoulutely right they speak the truth

It's been what iv'e been saying

IT's about winning

Leather_Knight
04-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Dave, you know better. It's all about humiliating your opponents. If they're not stealthy, they stay on the ground, and the other team gets a good laugh at the other's expense...I'd rather lose a match and get some great laughs in...getting too hard to lose when we're grouped, though...

Occido Lumen
04-30-2011, 07:49 PM

I see what you guys are saying; however, by stunlocking in Alliance, you are effectively gravitating the entire game towards your position. Eventually, the team you are hunting will show up so you kill them. It is not a noob tactic or anything, it just is an effective way of controlling the pace of the game

Leather_Knight
04-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Stun-bait, the best way to co-op. As long as your partner (or yourself) doesn't think poison is a good idea. You can always kick a downed target in the face while you're choking...

metalgearso1971
05-01-2011, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
This whole fairness/honour thing is crap, as I explained at the start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And your opinion about how I (and others) feel about fairness and honour is crap. It's funny how you seem to feel the need to address personal opinions. Tells me enough about the person behind this post, who only uses personal opinions to keep the discussion going.

Enough said. I won't give you yet another reason to keep trolling, because you will never get what I said and won't even give it some effort. And with such people I don't even want to discuss things.

It's also funny the same two people always come in threads to defend each other. Are you guys holding hands or something?

Archybad
05-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Why all the rage guys?

Stun-locking is a consistent way of getting decent scores, aggressive hunting doesn't always work but will come out with higher scores if you play it right.

metalgearso1971
05-01-2011, 10:59 AM
My rage (if you could call it rage that is) comes from the fact some people drag my personal opinions into their arguements to ridicule them because they can't take criticism. Especially not after some other idiots started disrespecting me earlier on in this thread, while I never even attacked any one of them.

So, saying stuff like "this fairness/honour thing is crap, as I explained at the start" I took as a personal attack on me because I (and one other member only) spoke about it. If that's how anyone wants to force his or her opinion on me I am done talking with them. As if any one here knows how the other must think or play, give me a break. I never did that once, so I'm not waiting on anyone to do it to me.

The same goes for that pair of members in this thread defending each other, but whatever man. They're not even worth the effort.

To me this is not about rage, because I don't even share rage on forums. I was just sharing my opinion but some people obviously always seek opportunities to fight with people.

Murcuseo
05-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Sorry but your last couple of posts made me chuckle.

Ironically, you are the one who's making this personal. Every time someone comes up with a reasonable counter argument you act like they've just tried to chop your 'finger' off and called your mother names. That's exaggerated to prove a point. lol

You concentrate on the one thing that stops you actually having to address the points they've brought up. Also, your childish responses to what are apparently my personal attacks on you, say more about you than anything I've said so far says about me. I haven't forced any opinion on you, so stop being so melodramatic and try to read the posts properly.

You seem to cast people into specific groups whenever their opinion doesn't line up with yours. Then you act like you're somehow above it all by saying things like:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The same goes for that pair of members in this thread defending each other, but whatever man. They're not even worth the effort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, in the end, if we really weren't worth the effort you wouldn't respond at all, so there's a bit of a contradiction in there.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove in this thread, but acting like everyone is berating you as a person is a cowardly way of taking part in a debate.

Anyway, I'm done talking to you. I would have posted this in a PM but you've childishly blocked me. lol

Rainin420
05-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Metalgears, the reason everyone is calling you out is you're calling all the best players on this game dishonorable. Seriously, you started this argument, and we're just finishing it.

All your points are very opinionated and spawn from a frustration that you and others have about stun-locking. It's childish really, and the fact that you're getting so butt hurt is actually quite comical. I was being nice at first and posted a million ways to help new players out, but im done being nice to you. You're just a whiner, end of story. Go cry to someone else, because the vast majority of players who know anything about this game don't agree with you. It's not 2 people, it's more like 200.

metalgearso1971
05-02-2011, 12:20 AM
LATE EDIT: @Robson: I have PMs set in such a way I only accept PMs from people in my buddy list. I had my fair share of "friendly" PMs on here and don't feel the need for that.

@Rainin: I never said anyone is dishonorable. You're twisting my words around. Why don't you show me where I said anyone was dishonorable?

To me it's actually comical you need to twist my words around to prove your point. And whatever feelings people have about my opinion about stun-locking, I don't care. It's my opinion and I don't think it will change.

Enough said. I have my opinion and others have theirs. Good day everyone.

Dave0718
05-02-2011, 01:09 AM
I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

metalgearso1971
05-02-2011, 01:15 AM
^ Haha http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gulliev
05-02-2011, 01:42 AM
If I am on a stun-lock team I do my very best to keep the lock going, it is far more difficult than people give it credit for. I screw up stun-locks from time to time, and I've played with the best players in the game who have screwed up a stun-lock. It definitely takes skill, coordination, and getting used to, to be able to perfect this strategy. Many people see it in action and fail to understand the team urgently saying over the mic "ok someone get the one in the back, he will stand in 1 second and break our lock if someone doesn't get to him right now!" and "I got the middle one, you take the left". It really isn't just standing there hitting b willy nilly.

If I am on a team of randoms and people aren't talking at all Then I of course don't expect to be stun-locking people, and I am just as happy with this type of game, I do wish people would at least help me stun though if 2 are coming.

My highest games of all time come from non stun-lock teams though, so maybe it isn't as overpowered as people think.

I have played more than once against a whole team of HKP just me vs. 4 of them because the rest of my team quit. I have no problems trying over and over to be annoying to them and getting 1-2 kills before I get stunned, only to Y out instantly. I have played against other clans where this same thing has happened.

I take satisfaction in knowing at least I didn't quit, and I tried my very best to keep their scores as low as a 1 man team can.

The Claw gonna protect you!

YourInnate
05-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Whenever our crew gets into a game against only one person who won't quit, we take turns seeing who can get the highest scoring kill out of him. Man it must suck that every time you die, you die from poison.....