PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on that 3rd person view

Catpuss
06-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Looking at the E3 gameplay bit on Gametraliers, I quite liked it but it, again, suffered from the view round corner problems.

I think this could be pretty easily solved though. When not directly peeking round the corner/over a wall either a) zoom alot more on the player with the camera so that there is very little of the background in view or b) focus on the player so the rest is blurred and out of focus (i.e. they have a small bit situational awareness from what they saw & noise).

The 3rd person view did look very good, and not too much like the GR2/GRAW style thankfully. Having the view much closer to the player, in effect blocking off half the "cheat field of view" made not bad a compromise.

I'm not sure about that aiming cursor though., I still prefer the RS6/BA version, but that may just due to post Lockdown stress disorder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Catpuss
06-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Looking at the E3 gameplay bit on Gametraliers, I quite liked it but it, again, suffered from the view round corner problems.

I think this could be pretty easily solved though. When not directly peeking round the corner/over a wall either a) zoom alot more on the player with the camera so that there is very little of the background in view or b) focus on the player so the rest is blurred and out of focus (i.e. they have a small bit situational awareness from what they saw & noise).

The 3rd person view did look very good, and not too much like the GR2/GRAW style thankfully. Having the view much closer to the player, in effect blocking off half the "cheat field of view" made not bad a compromise.

I'm not sure about that aiming cursor though., I still prefer the RS6/BA version, but that may just due to post Lockdown stress disorder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

devilnevercry16
07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
These people seem to be taking really good cues from GRAW. In the single player of GRAW we see wall hugging. That is a tactical move. Move to MP for GRAW. It was no where to be found. Why because, like you said, it gave people unfair advantages.

Zoom too RS Vegas, we have only seen the single player, where they lean, I bet they will not have it in MP. Who knows? I will buy it on launch day because I believe the team will do Rainbow justice.

sloppymeatwad
07-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Down with 3rdPV

they didn't coin the term FPS for nothing

MKCC14
07-27-2006, 07:58 PM
I love the 3PV, it will take my mind off of the game is actually all in FPS. i never thought of buying this game until i saw it at E3 in some 3PV like i always wanted. Just like what they did with GR.