PDA

View Full Version : Forceware ver. 97.94: PERFECT MODE LOST!!!!

JastaV
04-16-2007, 02:57 PM
I installed Forceware ver. 97.94 and I tried Il2 ver. 4.08m over my Ge Force 8800 GTS............
With my regret I discovered that Graphic Perfect mode setting is no more selectable: that with OpenGL and DirecX too.

I'm on the way to try a clean installation of Il2, following the change in graphic driver.......

A new page to add to NVIDIA FRUSTRATION?????

JastaV

JastaV
04-16-2007, 02:57 PM
I installed Forceware ver. 97.94 and I tried Il2 ver. 4.08m over my Ge Force 8800 GTS............
With my regret I discovered that Graphic Perfect mode setting is no more selectable: that with OpenGL and DirecX too.

I'm on the way to try a clean installation of Il2, following the change in graphic driver.......

JastaV

Diablo310th
04-16-2007, 03:34 PM
you all are convincing me to NOT go NVidia on my next computer.

ComradeBadinov
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Why not go nvidia???. I did and I have never had 5% of the problems most of the other people seem to have. Using the nvidia Forceware tweek guides at this site
http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_1.htmlwill help solve alot of your problems.

I have never had a problem. But most people are to impatient to play the game instead of taking the time to research their system and how to optimize it. Remembering you have to double check all your settings after a CLEAN install of the driver, with NO residuals from the previous driver. I'm running the new driver @ 1920x 1200 resolution with 16AAx16AF on perfect mode and am getting a constant 50fps. Now I realize some systems my be sensitive to driver changes. Just go back to what last worked. Make a notepad list of your driver settings, and keep it on your back up drive. But I can not over emphasize what a great tool the Forceware tweek guide is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

VW-IceFire
04-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun on that Diablo.

JastaV, we need to see a copy of your Config.ini OpenGL section to get an idea of whats going on. It also might be more useful if you posted this in the Community Help forum.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/49310655

JastaV
04-17-2007, 03:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JastaV:

JastaV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay mates,

Trouble FIXED !!!!!!!!!

Indeed the problem was with the GeForce Setting Panel: I had almost 20 parameters to set......I tried changing them 3 per time, so I cannot say what was that one influencing PERFEC MODE: but, most important thing, I recovered the PERFECT MODE GRAPHIC .......

So if you should meet the same trouble, you know where you have to search for......

Okay, now for me it's time to go seeing how PERFECT MODE works with 97.94!!!!

JASTAV

JG52Karaya-X
04-17-2007, 05:18 AM
For me it is/was the opposite, ATI gave me a pain in the *** with its drivers that would always conflict when updating. Now since switching to Nvidia (6600GT before, now 7600GT Golden Sample) I'm happy as could be, no problems, no worries...