PDA

View Full Version : Mission Objectives

deltafan
03-28-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm having a hard time with mission objectives. For example on one Stuka mission, I have to bomb a group of Russian ships. I destroyed one ship but it never said I completed the objective (probably because there was a certain ship they wanted me to bomb), but it didn't specify which one I needed to bomb. So in a situation like this, how do I tell which exact target I need to destroy when they don't give me an exact target?

deltafan
03-28-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm having a hard time with mission objectives. For example on one Stuka mission, I have to bomb a group of Russian ships. I destroyed one ship but it never said I completed the objective (probably because there was a certain ship they wanted me to bomb), but it didn't specify which one I needed to bomb. So in a situation like this, how do I tell which exact target I need to destroy when they don't give me an exact target?

FlatSpinMan
03-28-2007, 07:58 AM
There's no way to know if the briefing wasn't clear enough about it. The best thing to do in any campaign is switch off "No Instant Success". This will allow you to progress regardless of the outcome of the mission.
Except if you are killed or taken prisoner.

Note that this is only possible to select before you start the campaign.

PBNA-Boosher
03-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Chances are you were playing the "Sink the Marat" mission. If you don't sink the Marat, I don't think you'll win. Kudos to you if you hit a ship, that's pretty good accuracy, but the Marat is the big-PWN3ORZ battleship sitting in the harbor.

deltafan
03-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Actually it was Single Mission (IL-2 Original) Ju-87B-2 N2 "Kuban Transfer." In that one there are 5-6 Soviet ships grouped together and I bombed the largest one present and the briefing didn't tell me which one exactly. If this were a campaign and with "No Instant Success" turned off, I assume the game would judge by the fact that I did hit a primary target even if it wasn't "The" primary target and I shouldn't worry about it if I accomplished the mission even if I didn't hit the exact target it wanted?

Zeus-cat
03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
No Instant Success turned off means you can end the mission at any time (as long as you are alive and haven't been captured) and advance to the next mission.