PDA

View Full Version : 4.09 Beta is out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TigerTen229
12-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Go to CHECK-SIX Web site.

TigerTen

TigerTen229
12-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Go to CHECK-SIX Web site.

TigerTen

MaxMhz
12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
4.09 beta on Mission4Today (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3199)
Don't forget to d/l this one first, then d/l and install the beta skin pack (blue link on the page)
d/l times about 15-20 minutes each; 255.34 MB for the map file (first), 236.97MB for the skins
The beta skin pack holds 3do20.SFS also. Install both files before rnning the game. Just unzip to the main game folder overwriting old files.

Endy1
12-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Nice find Max. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

The full patch must be getting close.

Opie-won
01-08-2008, 07:00 PM
The 4.09 skin pack does not download

WUAF-Biker
01-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi.

Downloaded both parts and unzipped them to the right folder (4.08m), patch first, then skins. But if i want to start the sim, just nothing happens. i have the original DVD in my drive, and it starts spinning, but then after a few seconds it stops and the game wont start.

What can possibly be the cause?

Greets,
WUAF-Biker

chemeng
01-17-2008, 06:21 PM
I am posting this in the hope that it helps other legal purchasers of an original copy of IL2-Sturmovik 1946 install and run the simulation.

Upon attempting to run the installtion my Windows Vista Home Premium would not run the disc, nor would my DVD drive even recognise/see the disc contect via Windows Explorer! I eventually had to copy and paste the entire content of the legal original disc into a directory of my pocket drive. I could then access the copied files and founf the installation a.exe file and at last got the game installed on the c; drive of my PC.
I was then I was introduced to the horros of the securom anti-pirating software that's hidden on the disc. Every time I tried to start the sim. I received a securom message saying there was no disc in my DVD drive, with a pre-determined error message and referring me to secrom's web site for further info. That offered a fix after numerous tries it was clearly not a fix at all. I therefore tried securom's technical support service.They insisted that their software in no way stopped the original disc content being seen by Widows Exploere (or more importantly to me at that point) the DVD drive's ability to run the sim.
That said they then gave me a method for removing most (but not all) of the secrom junk but then said I should be aware that all that junk would be reinstalled the very next time I ran the sim!!!!!!!!!
Thus I was left sitting with a potential drink coaster but no playable game despite being a fully paid up legal purchaser if this sim.

My saviour came in the form of a gamer who itroduced me to "cracked"games and in particular www.*************.com (http://www.*************.com) where in a few minutes I was able to download an alternative .exe file. This file has to unzipped from an .ara file and there was a was a bit of a classic "dhrrrr"" moment when I realised this. ONce the original .exe file was changed out with the cracked one I was off and playing.

Just for the record, I have since put the original disc in my laptop and it too wouldn't even see the game in Windows Explorer. When I removed Roxio and Itunes and another disc copying application it was magically accessible in Windows Explorer. Thus securom's technical advice was not only wrong but I suspect delibarately so!! I stress that the applications I had to delete were all also fully legal bits of software.

securom thus caused me to waste a very large amount of time and I caution anyone about buying a game that has this software hidden in it...but there's the dilema...the IL2 software packaging doesn't let you know. I suggest you therefore research the type of anti-pirating siftware on any game before you spend your hard won cash...if securoms on it...run the other way to another game!!!!!

I then had to install the sim. onto the C: drive of my PC by er

chemeng
01-17-2008, 06:27 PM
ARRRGH...here I am trying help other frustrated legal purchasers of this game and I see that the critical bit of help has been ****'d out of the message.

In the spirit of trying to genuinely help I'll put it another way..the site that gave me the answer was ************* you just add the 3w's and .com, front and back!!!

chemeng
01-17-2008, 06:30 PM
One more try...the site with the necessary file has a name comprised of three word with no spaces in between...these three words are game,copy and world.

chemeng
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Houston we have ignition...I am not a regular gamer at all it only that IL"2 1946 "had me at hello" I have been on a big learning curve including finding out (so it would seem anyway) that the web site I have referred to for the answer is maybe not legal???? or is it this forum's policy to **** over web site addresses??? If it's the former I stress that I am genuinely against pirating and only used the site I have pointed to as a deperate last resort.

Anyway, I hope this allows legal purchasers of the game quickly get was the˙ paid for in good faith!

chemeng
01-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh yes..one question please. The reviews of IL2-Sturmovik 1946 refers to being able to fly up to 229 aircraft whereas, in the aircraft menu for simpe mission planner only lists say 30 or so...where do I access the rest of the aircraft?

Po-cat
01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Lordy!

Some real news at last!
Before I d/l, will this version work on Hyperlobby?

alert_1
01-23-2008, 12:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Some real news at last!
Before I d/l, will this version work on Hyperlobby? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unfortunately there is no dedicated server for 4.09 release yet...

RAAF_Furball
01-23-2008, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chemeng:
The reviews of IL2-Sturmovik 1946 refers to being able to fly up to 229 aircraft whereas, in the aircraft menu for simpe mission planner only lists say 30 or so...where do I access the rest of the aircraft? </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Where do you only see around 30 aircraft?

They all seem to be here, in my Quick Mission Builder.

http://www.furball.catlink.net/Images/qmb.jpg
</span>

major_setback
01-25-2008, 01:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chemeng:
Oh yes..one question please. The reviews of IL2-Sturmovik 1946 refers to being able to fly up to 229 aircraft whereas, in the aircraft menu for simpe mission planner only lists say 30 or so...where do I access the rest of the aircraft? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the quick mission areas is the Coral Sea (if I remember rightly), and you can only use carrier based aircraft on this map. Maybe that's what you are seeing.