PDA

View Full Version : Official Petition for AC2:Episodes to be released in PC Xbox and PS3 at the same time

StarGlitter
03-21-2010, 05:29 AM
I read in Wikipedia that the expansion pack for Assassin Creed 2, which is Assassin Creed 2 Episodes, would be released for Xbox abd PS3 but not PC. This is the webpage that stated this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...d_%28series%29#Games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_%28series%29#Games)

I don't think this is confirmed yet.

Assassin Creed 2 game was released for Xbox360 and PS3 in November 2009 whereas the PC version was released 5 months later (nearly half a year)in March 2010.

Electronic Arts game Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was released for all PC, Xbox360 and PS3 versions at the same time on March 2 2010 worldwide.

Sign this petition if you (especially PC gamers) think that all future Assassin Creed games should be released in the 3 main formats PC, Xbox and PS3 at the same time worldwide.

StarGlitter
03-21-2010, 05:29 AM
I read in Wikipedia that the expansion pack for Assassin Creed 2, which is Assassin Creed 2 Episodes, would be released for Xbox abd PS3 but not PC. This is the webpage that stated this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...d_%28series%29#Games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_%28series%29#Games)

I don't think this is confirmed yet.

Assassin Creed 2 game was released for Xbox360 and PS3 in November 2009 whereas the PC version was released 5 months later (nearly half a year)in March 2010.

Electronic Arts game Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was released for all PC, Xbox360 and PS3 versions at the same time on March 2 2010 worldwide.

Sign this petition if you (especially PC gamers) think that all future Assassin Creed games should be released in the 3 main formats PC, Xbox and PS3 at the same time worldwide.

Gekkibi
03-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Yarr!

ps. Fix your URL.

thales.100
03-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Signed.

Sypron
03-21-2010, 08:09 AM
The initial 5 month delay was partly due to the implementation of the Uplay service, partly due to 'optimizing' the game for the PC platform.

Now that Uplay is live, future titles will not have the same delay that was experience for ACII.

However, given the choice of having AC2:Episodes released as a buggy console port2pc on the same day as the console release or having it released a month later in a stable pc-optimized state, I would choose to have it kept in the oven a little longer.

Don't expect the same 5 month delay that happened to AC2, but I would still be expecting a delay of some kind (which I, personally, welcome).

StarGlitter
03-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Hello. I know that the 5 month delay was due to the implementation of the Uplay service, partly due to 'optimizing' the game for the PC platform and on top of that, the silly and troublesome new DRM that requires constant internet connection when playing AC2. I don't believe that Ubisoft had to "optimize PC gameplay" much. I think the only main reasons for the delay were- firstly not to release PC version because PC version is easily pirated and could damage the sales, the second reason was the UPLAY thing and the third reason the new DRM.

I know I should not expect a 5 month delay anymore but any delay that makes the PC version be released later than the Xbox360 and PS3 is unacceptable. PC GAMERS should not be treated with this low amouint of respect. Gaming started with the PC first. I mean, how come Electronic Arts company is able to release Battlefield Bad Company 2 for all 3 formats- PC, Xbox360 and PS3- ALL AT THE SAME TIME worldwide without having many bugs or glitches for all 3 formats.

I mean, it is possible for any game development company including Ubisoft to follow Electronic Arts practice of releasing a game in all 3 formats so that GAMERS of all the 3 formats can play the game on the same release day and are not left out. I mean, when AC2 was released for PC 5 months later, the game was literally spoilt for PC gamers because Xbox and PS3 players put up YouTube walkthroughs of AC2. Furthermore, the PC is the medium in which all games are developed whether it be Xbox360 games or PS3 games or PC games. So i don't see why they can't release future Ubisoft games in all 3 formats at the same time like the sensible Electronic Arts.

My point is:

1. There is no excuse for releasing the PC version later than Xbox360 and PS3 when another games development company Electronic Arts managed to do that effortlessly.

2. Releasing the PC version at a later date shows the low amount of respect that a game development company has for PC gamers. And PC games sales for any particular game is in the millions so why always frustrate PC gamers.

LCGuardian
03-21-2010, 02:19 PM
It's pretty early to be suggesting this. But I'll sign.

With a condition, that there is no legitmate reason that it has to be delayed for the PC - personally, a completely broken game wouldn't be worth a simultaneous release. But all the potential reasons for AC2's delay are pretty much exhausted - Uplay is now live, the DRM is now complete, and presumably this game will be heavily based on AC2's assets (how else can it be released within a year?) so the optimisation process should be similar to that already accomplished for AC2. On that basis, I can't see any legitimate reasons at the moment why it shouldn't get a simultaneous release.

Windrius
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sypron:
However, given the choice of having AC2:Episodes released as a buggy console port2pc on the same day as the console release or having it released a month later in a stable pc-optimized state, I would choose to have it kept in the oven a little longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why have a "port2pc" version? Why don't ubisoft actually start coding for PC first and later port it to console ^.^

Engioc
03-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Signed....I would like to see PC version released at the same time as PS3/Xbox and its annoying the way PC's get treated as a less important platform. There is no real reason why developers cant release a product for all 3 main platforms at the same time, because occasionally this does happen as pointed out by StarGlitter. Surely a title as popular as AC could be developed and released (stable, bug free) on Xbox/PS3/PC simultaneously.

caswallawn_2k7
03-21-2010, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">its annoying the way PC's get treated as a less important platform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I prefer playing on a PC, but the fact is PC sales are next to nothing compared to console sales now, so firms go to where the money is.

this is why it doesn't get the same treatment as the consoles as you are never going to make as much money back (this does have obvious exceptions such as WoW) so it is less of a priority as long as the 2 main sales platforms are out.

very few firms now are actually prefer PC over console now, one of the few is Valve but that is purely because they are relying on steam to make them extra money on top of their games.

Gekkibi
03-21-2010, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
very few firms now are actually prefer PC over console now, one of the few is Valve but that is purely because they are relying on steam to make them extra money on top of their games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or such companies as Bohemia Interactive. Try playing Arma 2 with a gamepad (Or try running the game using puny prosessor power of XBOX). Or try making a game that requires strategy and coordination to console when the stereotypic console gamer is 12 years old boy with ADHD (Okay, this was more like a rant than a fact).

caswallawn_2k7
03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the stereotypic console gamer is 12 years old boy with ADHD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
not played many PC fps games recently then?

Gekkibi
03-21-2010, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the stereotypic console gamer is 12 years old boy with ADHD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
not played many PC fps games recently then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FPS? You mean First Person Strategy? Ya, I play alot of Arma 2. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ya, I know. It isn't perfect here in PC gaming either...

Aborigine
03-23-2010, 03:42 AM
See I'd rather make a petition for the episodes to be DEVELOPED for the pc as the primary "console" and then ported to xbox360 and ps3. Cos this petition doesn't make sense tbh xD. If it's an xbox360 port to pc then obviously they're not gna be releasing it simultaniously, on the other hand they wouldn't want to release a pc only game and have the console users waiting therefore releasing everything at the same time - ofc including the time it takes for them to opt the game for the consoles.

Just a thought tsk tsk tsk.

Black_Widow9
03-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't think this Petition is needed. Game release dates have to do with the development of the games. They are released on different days in different countries as well.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I have reopened this Thread but if at any time it turns into a console bashing or anti DRM thread, it will be locked for good.</span>

thales.100
03-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Thanks for reopening, i think its a valid thread if it keeps on topic, it shows how much we enjoyed the PC version of AC 2 and hope for more content.

Aborigine
03-24-2010, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thales.100:
Thanks for reopening, i think its a valid thread if it keeps on topic, it shows how much we enjoyed the PC version of AC 2 and hope for more content. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
03-24-2010, 08:10 AM
I don't evn play on PC, but good idea.

Signed.

Also, make sure the PS3 version is coded properly to take advantage of the system's infrastructure. Doesn't need to be better than the 360, the differences in capability are relatively minor overall, but at last make it run EQUALLY WELL on both systems. None of that "there was more slowdown on the PS3 version" we got with AC1. AC2 wasn't as bad, but it's still a half-step short, and it doesn't have to be.

EDIT: If anyone wants to claim the PS3 can't handle AC as well as the XBox, feel free to do so in private messages to me. I won't be offended.

Reznovish
03-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Oooooooh I'm in! I am sick of this 'Consoles rule' policy....

SWJS
03-24-2010, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I read in Wikipedia that the expansion pack for Assassin Creed 2, which is Assassin Creed 2 Episodes, would be released for Xbox abd PS3 but not PC. This is the webpage that stated this: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If it came from Wikipedia, I highly doubt it's true.

Wikipedia, as well as all other wikis, can be edited by anybody, so it's rare that you ever find concrete proof there.

Most edits are joke edits created by anonymous users.

caswallawn_2k7
03-24-2010, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most edits are joke edits created by anonymous users. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you know if you do that too much they ban your IP http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

SWJS
03-24-2010, 06:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you know if you do that too much they ban your IP Shady </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. Admins can also protect certain articles from IP vandals. But they only protect articles if they're important, or get joke edited every five seconds. :/

StarGlitter
03-26-2010, 02:40 PM
WE NEED MORE SIGNATURES.

Comme on people! I think all Ubisoft games should be released in the 3 main formats- PC, Xbox350 and PS3- all at the same release day.

Get Ubisoft to have a multiplatform same day release !

Sign this petition.

P.S. NO console bashing here.

Dizlol
03-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Signed.
I don't think Ubisoft will give up on the PC players now that they have an working DRM, i'm hoping for the best.

NightmareGK13
03-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Episodes wont be downloadable content for AC2 but a whole new game?
i havent been around much since i got my black edition last week

so episodes we'll have to spend more money to get that one as well

StarGlitter
03-27-2010, 02:40 AM
WE NEED MORE SIGNATURES.

Come on people! I think all Ubisoft games should be released in the 3 main formats- PC, Xbox350 and PS3- all at the same release day.

Get Ubisoft to have a multiplatform same day release !!!!!

Sign this petition.P.S. NO console bashing here.[/quote]

Chidder
03-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Totally signed.
Signed again.

AND AGAIN!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

The PC will forever be my no. 1 gaming tool, so I very much hope there will be a same day release this time. It sucks to have everyone around you talk about the game already when you can't even buy it.

---

OT: StarGlitter, I know you mean well, but when you copy/paste your comment next time you may want to change "Common people" into "Come on people"...
It kinda cracks me up, but it's not really the message you'd like to send, right? (If it is nevermind my comment.) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

rutix
03-27-2010, 04:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
I don't think this Petition is needed. Game release dates have to do with the development of the games. They are released on different days in different countries as well.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I have reopened this Thread but if at any time it turns into a console bashing or anti DRM thread, it will be locked for good.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is not a console bash nor an anti-drm post. But what you said doesn't really fit the situation of AC2. Ubisoft promised that AC2 would be released on the same day as the console till a week or so before the release. So I think this petition is needed to show ubisoft that they should stop treating their customers bad. Or atleast life up to their promises.

Black_Widow9
03-27-2010, 12:42 PM
@StarGlitter-
Please stop bumping your Thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Engioc
03-31-2010, 04:07 AM
I'll sign this one too and give the same speil:

You have my vote. I dislike exclusives regardless of which platform it is.

In my opinion games like AC, GTA etc should be developed/released for all major platforms at the same time and I see no reason why that cant happen.

Treat ALL fans equally, don't punish people because they chose one platform over another. PS3, Xbox360, PC, they are all capable of running it, so they should get it.

Sure if the development of the game has problems on one of the systems and not the others, I have no problem with releasing the ones which are ready first, release the other one when its done, I am sure while people would be unhappy, most fans would understand, there is no sense in holding the finished ones back just because one has a problem (GTA anyone??). On the whole though, simultaneous development and release should be possible.