PDA

View Full Version : I want to get better..

Warforger
07-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Well I've been playing Brotherhood more because my friends are not playing RUSE as much anymore and I don't like playing with Randoms. I don't know what to do because I often play people who are better then me but I often just get frustrated because of the avide use of charge and the like. Anyway I also want some more friends who play brotherhood because mine don't play it too often.

GT: BothChicken

Warforger
07-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Well I've been playing Brotherhood more because my friends are not playing RUSE as much anymore and I don't like playing with Randoms. I don't know what to do because I often play people who are better then me but I often just get frustrated because of the avide use of charge and the like. Anyway I also want some more friends who play brotherhood because mine don't play it too often.

GT: BothChicken

obliviondoll
07-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Well, you're definitely in the right place to learn...

Most of the top players have picked up a fairly good amount of pointers from various people around these parts.

And while XBox isn't as active as PS3, we have a few people around (including a couple of clans... give the Reckoners a look - we're trying to rebuild our XBox branch)

PlasticAssasin8
07-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Sounds like me at times.
I pretty much play on my own, every now and then i see some friends and play , my time zone kills me in that respect.

What i try to do when im playing in a random lobby (remember to them you are random too) is set myself a base score and try for it by the end of the game.
Don't get frustrated because someone uses and ability cos 90 percent of the time you know they are on the way as you can see them. Just try something a bit different to counter it.

Sometimes random lobby's can provide you with a wealth of tactics because you see what others are doing.
I know in my case if im playing a random lobby game then go into a game (player or ranked) with at least someone else i know my scores go up by usually around 2k minimum because of the team work.

BigBalledEagle
07-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Hit me up if you would like. I'm always playing Manhunt, so you are welcome to join. My gamertag is listed in my signature.

gothpunkboy89
07-23-2011, 08:59 PM
don't sweat the constant charge users.

If anything they are worthy of you laughing at them. From what i've noticed with my play. If someone need charge and or poison to play and get decent scores. they really really are bad. Or you have them scared.

Warforger
07-23-2011, 10:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigBalledEagle:
Hit me up if you would like. I'm always playing Manhunt, so you are welcome to join. My gamertag is listed in my signature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm it doesn't seem to exist, it can't seem to find it.

Chernzobog
07-23-2011, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warforger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigBalledEagle:
Hit me up if you would like. I'm always playing Manhunt, so you are welcome to join. My gamertag is listed in my signature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm it doesn't seem to exist, it can't seem to find it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you on xbox?

Occido Lumen
07-23-2011, 11:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:

If anything they are worthy of you laughing at them. From what i've noticed with my play. If someone need charge and or poison to play and get decent scores. they really really are bad. Or you have them scared. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait. First you say that offensive smoke is bad, which is debatable. And now you say poison is bad? Wow. I give up on you. If their was a block-any-thread-posted-in-by-user button, i'd press it. Everybody uses poison, so congrats on calling just about everyone bad...

MrJLBoyyy
07-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Addd meeeeeeeeeee~

I don't promise more awesome, though. But always good to play with more people!

xCr0wnedNorris
07-24-2011, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wharris1996:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:

If anything they are worthy of you laughing at them. From what i've noticed with my play. If someone need charge and or poison to play and get decent scores. they really really are bad. Or you have them scared. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait. First you say that offensive smoke is bad, which is debatable. And now you say poison is bad? Wow. I give up on you. If their was a block-any-thread-posted-in-by-user button, i'd press it. Everybody uses poison, so congrats on calling just about everyone bad... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He didn't say you're bad if you use poison. He said you're bad if you need poison to do well in terms of score.

weeklydose
07-24-2011, 01:58 AM

What utter nonsense. Using Charge and/or Poison are valid tactics. They're abilities, they're in the game... it makes absolutely no sense to complain about them, because everybody can use them and, more importantly, there are strategies to counter these abilities.

Calling people "bad" because they use certain abilities is exactly what's wrong with the AC: Brotherhood community.

lynx_1985
07-24-2011, 03:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warforger:

GT: BothChicken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey man you are welcome to add me! GT in sig!

demFroG
07-24-2011, 04:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wharris1996:

Wait. First you say that offensive smoke is bad, which is debatable. And now you say poison is bad? Wow. I give up on you. If their was a block-any-thread-posted-in-by-user button, i'd press it. Everybody uses poison, so congrats on calling just about everyone bad... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can hide post from a poster click on his profile name and block him. The only tyme u have to see what he says is if someone quotes him. Ive done it to all the trolls and the "I dont really care that much" people. Weekly dont let a few tools bother u. overall I think the community is great its just shrunk a little so the idiots stand out more.

Grygier
07-24-2011, 04:44 AM
alright! no roofing, no running, don't use smokebomb, charge, poison and the gun those abilities are cheap total noob... you know what let's remove all abilities and remove all npcs oh and make the maps flat and call the game Assassin's Creed Final Destination. =P

PlasticAssasin8
07-24-2011, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grygier:
alright! no roofing, no running, don't use smokebomb, charge, poison and the gun those abilities are cheap total noob... you know what let's remove all abilities and remove all npcs oh and make the maps flat and call the game Assassin's Creed Final Destination. =P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you mean pacman? Bugga , i only just learnt to use charge properly too!!
Funny how a perfectly good post turns to crap

Archybad
07-24-2011, 07:07 AM

You can't call a player bad just based off the abilities they use. You'd probably say TV/Knives is bad, and yet I've had a couple of 12k matches this week from it (solo, so no boosted score from stun-locks).

It's not the abilities which show whether someone is good or not, it's how they use them.

And in any case, I see no problem with the use of charge. Sometimes people use it needlessly which irritates me, but then I remember they did something I didn't expect and got the better of me which is what you're supposed to be doing.

And frowning on poison is just stupid.

Collinwood01
07-24-2011, 08:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grygier:
alright! no roofing, no running, don't use smokebomb, charge, poison and the gun those abilities are cheap total noob... you know what let's remove all abilities and remove all npcs oh and make the maps flat and call the game Assassin's Creed Final Destination. =P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>OMG! You hit the nail on the head!

Black_Widow9
07-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Anyways...back to the Topic on hand. If you'd like to join in a game please post accordingly.
Thanks

gothpunkboy89
07-24-2011, 01:36 PM

if your going to try and be smart. at least read everything.

i said if they NEED poison or charge to get decent score they need to get more skill in the game.

I've seen and played against many players that don't NEED to use poison or charge and they still have a massive point lead. those are good players.

my main point being. instead of getting all ****ed off and rageing at them. laughing at them makes it much more enjoyable.

That is the point i am trying to make. instead of getting all ****ed at them. laugh at them. That tends to **** them off some how? I guess being laughed at by the player you beat beause they think the way you beat them is sad really ****es some people off.

which can come to your advantage. ****ed off players tend to make more mistakes then a non ****ed off player. which then allows you to maybe kill/ stun them more often.

it is the same reason people on black ops/ mw2/ this game and any other game that allows you to talk to other players run their mouth. if they manage to **** you off they can throw off your game and allow them higher points. laughing at them in some cases turns the tables on them so they are the ones rageing and haveing their game play off. allowing you to take advantage and get the higher points.

Collinwood01
07-25-2011, 11:58 PM

GT: BothChicken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you can learn how to either beat or anticipate the lag I forsee you becoming ACB KING!