PDA

View Full Version : Killing the scholars

jameshay55
04-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi all,
I'm at the point where I have to kill the six scholars around the city and I'm getting really frustrated.

It seems to me that it's just pot-luck as to whether other city guards see you and join in. Several times while assisinating a scholar a bunch of city guards will join in, and then just when I've killed the last of about 10 another 5 turn up.

Also while walking from one scholar kill to my next victim random guards seem to recognize me and give chase. I don't know why, but it's an annoying enough distraction.

I am now wondering if I am doing something fundamentally wrong in the game. Is there a technique to this mission, or is it just the developers being lazy in order to make the game seem more challenging?

jameshay55
04-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi all,
I'm at the point where I have to kill the six scholars around the city and I'm getting really frustrated.

It seems to me that it's just pot-luck as to whether other city guards see you and join in. Several times while assisinating a scholar a bunch of city guards will join in, and then just when I've killed the last of about 10 another 5 turn up.

Also while walking from one scholar kill to my next victim random guards seem to recognize me and give chase. I don't know why, but it's an annoying enough distraction.

I am now wondering if I am doing something fundamentally wrong in the game. Is there a technique to this mission, or is it just the developers being lazy in order to make the game seem more challenging?

TheFlyingOneUk
04-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Either you're doing something horribly wrong, or the PC version has some kind of scholar killing side mission (though I have no idea why there would be...)

Could you explain a bit further?

NightOrchid
04-19-2008, 11:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheFlyingOneUk:
Either you're doing something horribly wrong, or the PC version has some kind of scholar killing side mission (though I have no idea why there would be...)

Could you explain a bit further? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree... Er.. Im only on
Memory Block 3 but im pretty sure your not supposed to kill the scholars AT ALL, they are innocents.

I know if you go round on a killing spree killing guards and people at random all the time, or your on alert they wont let you blend with them and they'll run away if your being hunted.

They help you out by shielding you from the guards detection. As you progress in the game, returning to the same cities for later missions, the guards start to recognise you more and they are more on alert, but so far as i know, the scholars are your allies.

NightO

Zazadan
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Your probably talking about a mission in.. Damascus, I believe, where you "rescue" the books?

If so, it's just a luck game in my opinion. The 3rd of them which I killed (accidently via stealth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) appeared to be the main target, and as soon as I hit him the animation thingy started and I didn't need to kill any more scholars. You can try to approach them from the roof, jump behind them and stealth kill them. If that is the mission you are talking about, ofcourse.

TheFlyingOneUk
04-19-2008, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LolHoofdje:
Your probably talking about a mission in.. Damascus, I believe, where you "rescue" the books?

If so, it's just a luck game in my opinion. The 3rd of them which I killed (accidently via stealth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) appeared to be the main target, and as soon as I hit him the animation thingy started and I didn't need to kill any more scholars. You can try to approach them from the roof, jump behind them and stealth kill them. If that is the mission you are talking about, ofcourse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh, well if that's what he's talking about (which would explain alot) then i have a pretty reialble method of finding which one is the main target. Just walk around the streets, (avoid the rooftops at first) and look in through the doorways of the buildings they are in, and look for the one guy who carries a sword and has alot of gold decoration on the front of his robes. Once you've found him you can get him however you please (the rooftops combined wih an air-to-assassinate attack seems to work pretty well).

jameshay55
04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheFlyingOneUk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LolHoofdje:

If so, it's just a luck game in my opinion. The 3rd of them which I killed (accidently via stealth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) appeared to be the main target, and as soon as I hit him the animation thingy started and I didn't need to kill any more scholars. You can try to approach them from the roof, jump behind them and stealth kill them. If that is the mission you are talking about, ofcourse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh, well if that's what he's talking about (which would explain alot) then i have a pretty reialble method of finding which one is the main target. Just walk around the streets, (avoid the rooftops at first) and look in through the doorways of the buildings they are in, and look for the one guy who carries a sword and has alot of gold decoration on the front of his robes. Once you've found him you can get him however you please (the rooftops combined wih an air-to-assassinate attack seems to work pretty well). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks guys, I'll give the flying-stealth-assassination a try. At the moment I am just running in with sword twirling.

Zazadan
04-19-2008, 12:08 PM

Ohhh, well if that's what he's talking about (which would explain alot) then i have a pretty reialble method of finding which one is the main target. Just walk around the streets, (avoid the rooftops at first) and look in through the doorways of the buildings they are in, and look for the one guy who carries a sword and has alot of gold decoration on the front of his robes. Once you've found him you can get him however you please (the rooftops combined wih an air-to-assassinate attack seems to work pretty well). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, I really did forgotten about the investigation which said that... I don't remember them a lot really, since they often don't matter THAT much *D'OH*

twistedesthetic
04-19-2008, 02:23 PM
What memory block is that?

drego5
04-19-2008, 04:21 PM
That's memory block 5, the target is Jubair.

You DO NOT have to kill all of them, just Jubair. And he's easy enough to find, you just have to go over your Memory Log and look at all the attachments. The Informers will each give you a different map, ruling out some of the 6 possible hiding spots of Jubair. By looking at all of them, and using process of elimination, you'll be able to determine which one he'll be.

twistedesthetic
04-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Ah, okay.

What if you took out all the other before taking Jubair out?

drego5
04-19-2008, 06:41 PM
I honestly haven't tried that. But I would assume there's no problem with doing so.. Just may take a bit more time, and there's more of a chance of getting killed, and whatnot.

Kaxen6
04-19-2008, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twistedesthetic:
Ah, okay.

What if you took out all the other before taking Jubair out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can do that. It takes more time...

&gt;_&gt; This is what happens when I don't realize I can look at maps the informers give me until after I've beaten the game... *stupid*

dingsi
04-19-2008, 06:54 PM
I killed them all with mah throwing knives

it was funneh, I felt like...cool and stuff

spazzoo1025
04-19-2008, 07:18 PM
me 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

twistedesthetic
04-19-2008, 07:47 PM
I guess I could take them all out. Even though it would take sometime.

x_101_
04-20-2008, 04:21 AM
err, just use the eagle vision :P.

eskimosound
04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
This game is wicked, I've just been wandering around murdering people and then climbing on the rooftops....no one knows where I am or how to ge tme, Fantasic!!!!!!

I never thought about murdering the Scholars but seeing as they got me into the town its a little unfair....like I care...there goes another pot carrier!!

Ha!!!

twistedesthetic
04-20-2008, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x_101_:
err, just use the eagle vision :P. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but it will take the fun out of the game.

jameshay55
04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twistedesthetic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x_101_:
err, just use the eagle vision :P. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but it will take the fun out of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't think of that. I managed it in the end by killing all six scholars. What I sussed out was that if you use the blend skill, you can push through the crowds and just walk up to the scholar and assassinate him. That doesn't work with Jubair because the guards block the entrance too much, forcing you to jump in causing all hell to break loose.

twistedesthetic
04-22-2008, 05:09 AM
I used throwing knives. On the rooftops and I think it only took me like one or two scholars to find him.

moqqy
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eskimosound:
This game is wicked, I've just been wandering around murdering people and then climbing on the rooftops....no one knows where I am or how to ge tme, Fantasic!!!!!!

I never thought about murdering the Scholars but seeing as they got me into the town its a little unfair....like I care...there goes another pot carrier!!

Ha!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not those scholars